Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums - View Single Post - What did you do to your Wing today?

View Single Post
post #3639 of (permalink) Old 05-15-2015, 03:25 PM
leewarne

Model: GL1500SE
Send a message via MSN to leewarne
fork oil and spring change

I decided to change the fork oil and springs today on my 1994 GL1500SE. All was going really well, wheel off and removed the left fork, took the fork cap off (carefully as I know what happens if you don't lol ) and realised that I had been given all the wrong size things. Wrong size springs, seals everything!!!! anyway decided that as it was all off I would clean everything up, change the oil and put everything back together. As I was saying it WAS going really well until I removed the right fork and started to take the fork cap off. My pressure slipped and the cap went off like a rocket. Spent 3 hours look for the thing before giving up as it went over my garden and next doors garden and disappeared!!!! What I did not know is that these are not easily replaced and am now waiting 4 weeks for another one to be shipped from JAPAN Argggghhhh.
Luckily my friend found one in his garage that fits. Not properly but it gets me back on the road till my new one arrives.
Well that's what I did today

Previous Bikes Owned :-
Yamaha FS1E
Kawasaki EN500 (Wrote Off)
Kawasaki ER5 (Sold)
Yamaha XTZ750 Super Tenre( Wrote Off)
Honda ST1100 (Sold)
Kawasaki VN1500 (Sold)
Honda VTR1000F (Sold)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome