Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums - View Single Post - What did you do to your Wing today?
View Single Post
post #3674 of (permalink) Old 05-25-2015, 08:32 PM
Silverado6x6

Year: many years, two different continents.
Model: 2035 GL3500 Intercontinental
Garage
I saw this 86 for sale on our local Craigslist, had it at $2400, i called this morning and the seller who is about 25 miles from me says a guy from Soldatna which is a LONG ways down south was coming up to buy it, i say Ok, i only had $1500 at the moment.
Seller calls back up a couple hours ago and says the buyer never showed up and wont answer phone, so i say i can bring cash and some silver i have but no promises.

I ask if its road ready, he says yes, but something tells me to bring the Silverado 6x6 instead of the Equinox, so i grab a couple of helpers and the trailer and drive on over to Sutton, turns out he just got it, never rode it, looks like it has not been ridden in years, forks leaking, rear air shock boot tattered, rust all over the chrome, paint faded, very old tires.

It did start, choke was broken, he just put a new starter in it, i started to check the pipes and one was stone cold.
My offer was $1500, they expected $2000 from the other guy, i brought 8 ounces of silver in American Eagles and bars to sweeten the deal, guy was about to go for it but wife says no, wants more, i wished them luck and said it could still deal if the other buyer fails to follow through.
Bike has potential, i have plenty of parts, actually i have an 81 with the exact same chrome and trim, plus i have a running 85 that looks like garbage but i can transfer all the good stuff over
I try to explain the possibility of valve damage and other issues, but they are not Goldwing riders, they got it cheap, threw a starter in it and are hoping for a buyer, i did not bite.

Maybe they will call back later in the week, i can make this into a real show stopper.

I sure wished they knew something about Goldwings.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 00W0W_asyMU6JRrA2_600x450.jpg (55.3 KB, 16 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome