Mixed up dates... - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-26-2007, 01:00 AM Thread Starter
Still a winger at heart.

Model: Sure wish I could ride...
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to UbarW
Post imported post

"Yes Chairman, I will be at this all important peace conference. Whats the date?"

Clinton urges Iowa voters to caucus on wrong day

Mon Dec 24, 8:05 AM ET

Democratic presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton may have shot herself in the foot trying to get Iowa voters to pledge support to her -- she is encouraging them to go caucus on January 14, 11 days too late.

At a rally featuring her husband, former U.S. President Bill Clinton on Saturday, campaign workers asked supporters to sign and mail cards that said "Yes! I'm an Iowan for Hillary" with their contact information as well as other supportive friends.

One small problem. In the upper right-hand corner of the card, it says "I, _____, pledge to support Hillary Clinton at my precinct caucus on January 14, 2008."

Unfortunately, that's 11 days too late. The Iowa caucuses are January 3 and organization is key to getting voters to go to the events and support their preferred candidate.

The Politico.com, an Internet site that specializes in politics and first reported the mistake, said at Bill Clinton's second event on Saturday the cards had the wrong date crossed out and replaced with the correct date.

(Reporting by Jeremy Pelofsky, editing by Todd Eastham)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Proud Member of the Patriot Guard Riders-Id: 79170

Panel 16W - Line 33

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-26-2007, 05:19 AM
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator

Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
Post imported post

A perfect example of the style of attention that her administration would pay to details of international diplomacy????

~ John

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-26-2007, 05:32 AM

Year: 1984
Model: Gl1200I
Post imported post

For those of us here in the States, we're all going to be in a lot of trouble next Nov.

1984 1200I Candy Cobalt Blue over Bright Silver Metallic w/ Black & Silver Marbling. Poorboy alternator. Progressive springs and a comfy gel seat.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-26-2007, 05:38 AM
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator

Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
Post imported post

Yes, we are.

Scenario:

A huge international summit meeting is planned to setup the new government of a nation that has settled all of its' rife and discontent.

The new administration from the newly elected Ms. President is still sleeping dreaming of the fish they caught last weekend when they are awakened by a phone call. "You are attending the summit, aren't you?"

~ John

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-26-2007, 08:08 AM

Model: GL1500
Post imported post

I thought that was next week!!

Served 823rd RED HORSE Unit \'83-\'88 USAF
\'Semper Ducimus\'
Red Knights Alabama Chapter 2
"Loyal to our Duty"
PGR Alabama Div.

1983 CX500 Custom
1981 GL1100 Standard
1982 GL1100 Aspencade
1985 GL1200 LTD

Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Miscellaneous Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page