In Remembrance... - Page 11 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #101 of 118 (permalink) Old 12-07-2012, 08:56 AM

Model: 2003 GL1800A
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Halfling
May God bless you all and the entire Halfing Family is sending prayers out for those left behind that will mourn the loss of their loved ones even more profoundly during this special time of year.

John

2003 GL1800A Candy Durango Red
US Navy (77-93) EWC(SW)
Darksider # 817 (195-55-R16 Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3 ZP @ 29.5 lbs)
Co-owner
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Seek out that particular mental attribute which makes you feel most deeply and vitally alive, along with which comes the inner voice which says, 'This is the real me,' and when you have found that attitude, follow it." - James Truslow Adams
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 118 (permalink) Old 05-22-2013, 08:42 AM

Model: GL-1500
On May 20, 2013, We add another "Candle of Remembrance"....Our member, and friend Scott Richmond was killed in an auto accident. Scott had just retired January of this year at age 54 years old. Scott had posted several time about how he was looking forward to this summer and going on rides and places that he didn't have the time for..Scott Will make rides along with former members who have left us too soon, where everyday will be a "riding day", and no pains of this world, where he will be waiting on us to join him and the others one day...Till then we will miss Scott..Our Heart felt Prayers to his Families, both his "Real Family", ad his "Extended Family"...Rest In Peace Scott, you will be missed...

THE NATION WHICH FORGETS ITS DEFENDERS WILL ITSELF BE FORGOTTEN

1982 GL-1100 Goldwing Interstate...Black Beauty
1994 GL-1500 Goldwing Aspencade...401K....

Honorary member Wild Rhinos

I have kissed the Cod, downed the Screech, and shouted "Long may your big jib draw!" I am now a member of the Royal Order of Newfoundland Screechers

Last edited by redbaron; 05-23-2013 at 07:07 PM.
post #103 of 118 (permalink) Old 06-04-2013, 09:43 AM

Yesterday June 3rd, 2013 We lost a very good friend to so many of our forum members....John Laramore, also known to us as "Johnboy"...My heart is broken, Our member Johnboy was a just one of those people that if he could help you in any way, he was Johnny on the spot to give you support, a helping hand or open not only his heart but his wallet...John is going to be missed by so many of us...John was a regular contributor to this forum, him and his wife Peg, rode their Goldwing to several of our NASSIR M&G's, John was very active in the planning for N-6..This year to be held in Canada...Jesus it's hard to set here knowing that we lost not only a Forum Member, but a husband and a great friend...May John Rest in Peace, I know that John will not have to suffer in this old cruel world, he will be riding a Goldwing made of gold, riding with those who have gone before him, and they will be riding those streets of Gold, until it's our turn to join them..What a joyous day to look forward to...May God walk with his loved ones in the coming days, weeks and months, may his hands cover them with his love, know that you are not alone Peg....We are here for you........

I have kissed the Cod, downed the Screech, and shouted "Long may your big jib draw!" I am now a member of the Royal Order of Newfoundland Screechers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #104 of 118 (permalink) Old 06-04-2013, 10:06 AM
The Irish Crew

God Bless all of our lost friends here. Thanks UBarw for starting this thread and maintaining it, and for the Remembrance graphic with all their names in it.

Dave Heffernan.
post #105 of 118 (permalink) Old 06-04-2013, 08:35 PM

Model: none
Just meeting John and Peg last year at NASSIR 5, it didn't take long to know they were very good people. May all of Johns family feel strength and comfort from thier many friends. Thank You for the gift of meeting you both. My Thoughts and Prayers are with you.
post #106 of 118 (permalink) Old 06-13-2013, 10:29 AM

Send a message via MSN to Nightrider1 Send a message via Yahoo to Nightrider1
Heavens Newest Goldwingers

D-Rod called me last nite., and told me of our loss. I am shocked and very saddened by this. Good friends, who would give their shirt off of their back, and go out of their way to come and see you. I've prayed for their families. I also ask God to embrace them in his arms and embrace them all.
God Bless You All.
Sincerely and saddened,
David

You meet the best people who ride a Goldwing
post #107 of 118 (permalink) Old 06-14-2013, 01:32 PM
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator

Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
Unhappy Douglas Michael West "Mohawk" Passed away May 29, 2013

From D-Rod's post
https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/...ml#post2199097

It is with a heavy heart to post this but Douglas Michael West "Mohawk" passed away May 29, 2013. We have no details on what happened. He had been talking about having a new Goldwing and loving it and his last post was about getting his car washed by God on the way to and from work.
http://www.falardeaufh.com/obituarie...hp?id=2013-151
Button Lady hadn't seen his post in a long time and checked his facebook page and found out the bad news. Mohawk was a very generous and helping individual who was always there when you needed him. He was a member of the Patriot Guard. He would help cook for the Veterans and the homeless. Many will remember he made it here to NASSIR 3 in Hamburg, New York and gave us about 20 stainless steel fork braces that he made for the members. Since no one knew about his passing I do not believe there was a presence from the forum. Mike's wife had passed away in his arms a short time after NASSIR 3. While she was sick the forum offered him a ride with her with the members and going out for a nice meal. He wouldn't hear of it. Please post your comment on the obituary link and mention that you are from the Goldwing forum so they know he was loved by his brothers around the world.
The photo is from NASSIR 3 with Nobbie, Mohawk and Cousin Jack in the front and Johnboy ( who just passed) in the back. The other photo is Mohawk cooking for the veterans and homeless.

Found a link to the accident. http://www.cnycentral.com/weather/story.aspx?id=903777

~ John

post #108 of 118 (permalink) Old 06-15-2013, 12:04 AM

Back after Doug's wife passé away I asked if he would like for me to add her name to our "In Remembrance thread, he said wait, and he would let me know when...Now Today we add another candle for our member Douglas West, beneath his name will be his wife's name, they are together now, here and riding those paths with others who have left us too soon...Rest in Peace Brother Rest in peace...

post #109 of 118 (permalink) Old 07-09-2013, 02:14 PM

Today I was informed that the wife of one of our members had passed away..Usually I try in my feeble ways to say something, but this time I'm quoting Bill Ladigo because he has said it better...And I quote:

"It is with a heavy heart that I pass on to the forum family the announcement of Linda "Roadrunner" Strauder passing away yesterday, July 8th. She is the wife and "Pipewrench" Norman and was one of the first members of The Rhino Family.

Many of you know her and she was remembered for riding in the blue sidecar attached to the 1800 at Midwest MNG with Pipewrench and their other family member "Rusty". They participated in these events as well as many others over the years with the Rhinos.

She is now in a much better place as she has suffered with a long illness. I can tell you that in her last days among us on this earth, Pipewrench was reading all the posts of prayers over the July 4th weekend in the Rhino thread to her to give her comfort. It is simply amazing on how this forum has turned all of us into a family.

She didn't post that much on the forum but don't think I didn't get a phone call (and an ear full) when she had something to say!

She was loved and will be missed by many here on this forum and within the Rhino Group.

May She Rest In Peace....

post #110 of 118 (permalink) Old 07-09-2013, 10:38 PM Thread Starter
Still a winger at heart.

Model: Sure wish I could ride...
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to UbarW
I have provided Halfling with a new graphic with the names up to date. At this point it needs a mod to edit the first post. Hang tight.

Proud Member of the Patriot Guard Riders-Id: 79170

Panel 16W - Line 33

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Miscellaneous Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page