How did you first find this forum? - Page 2 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 277 (permalink) Old 12-24-2008, 04:38 PM

Post imported post

i started looking for goldwing forums just before i got my 1200 last year. i knew nothing about goldwings except how to ride them. now thanks to this and two other forums i am well aware of the workings of both my wings

iba 58509-mile eater
HAT
MOA
'75CB750K,'79cb750f,'79CB750/9k,
'93gl1500se,
'85CB450SC,'05SunL70
'06ST1300a........william
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 277 (permalink) Old 12-24-2008, 04:43 PM

Model: 2006 1800
Post imported post

I had a good information site for my ST 1100, but when I sold it and bought the Wing.. I started looking for a web site for general information..
what I found was the greatest site going.. This site has it all..
Being older and not that good at this new computer stuff, this site is very user friendly for a guy of my skill..
Great job Steve..
Thank you for putting together such a great information source..........

Back to riding after a 30 yr lay off.. Started with a 86 Magna 750 on to a 02 Shadow 1100,99 Magna 750,91 ST1100, finaly a 93 Wing.. and now an 06 1800 Loven Life...
post #13 of 277 (permalink) Old 12-24-2008, 05:01 PM

Location: Edgefield -Capitol of the South-, South Carolina, USA
Post imported post

I bought my first bike about 5 years ago. It was an '81 Honda CX500C. I joined a CX/GL 500/650 called http://choppercharles.com/cs . It was a great forum with lots of information about those old transverse v-twins.

Two years ago, I left my job of over 11 years and planned a week long motorcycle trip of about 1550 miles. My dad had a '80 GL1100 Interstate. He told me to take it on the trip instead of my little 500. It would be more comfortable and have more storage room. I liked it so much, I bought it from him when I came back from the trip.

I had a problem with the rear shocks bottoming out and asked a question on the CX/GL forum. Someone there directed me here and I joined up.

Four Goldwings later, the rest is history!(and boy are y'all lucky!)

Sean, the Resident Redneck
1997 GL1500 Aspencade Limited Edition
1983 GL1100 Aspencade
Freemasonry--2B1ASK1
"Fear the government that fears YOUR guns."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 277 (permalink) Old 12-24-2008, 08:17 PM

Model: 2012 GL-1800
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Flyone
Post imported post

You all can blame Patch for my presence here

I was looking for information on Goldwings when I stumbled across Patch's site. After talking to him by e-mail, I realized we lived about 10 miles from each other. We became friends, starting riding together, and he told me about this forum. I love it and you can't run me away from here!!!

2012 GL-1800,2001 Cycle Mate CM2000 LTD Trailer
PM of Northstar Masonic Lodge #168, Wichita, KS 2B1ASK1, Midian Shriner, AOPA, Founding member of Wild Rhinos and KANWINGS
NASSIR 5 Host - which was an honor and pleasure to serve the members of this forum.
RIP Pop Fly
post #15 of 277 (permalink) Old 12-24-2008, 08:37 PM

Post imported post

I found it by looking for info on the 1100 right after I got my bike. I knew nothing about GoldWings except that I liked them. Now all I have to do to find out something is ask. Great people on this great forum. Thanks to everyone that has ever replied to any of my questions. Without this site I don't think my bike would still be running. Thanks again. Dwight

DEBLAK Dwight Bryant PAST BIKES: 1968 HONDA 305 DREAM, BRIDGESTONE 350, 50CC & 125CC CIMATTI, 1975 HONDA 350, 1976 HONDA 750.
post #16 of 277 (permalink) Old 12-24-2008, 09:43 PM

Model: GL1800
Post imported post

Bought my first wing this past year. Started looking for information about the Goldwing I purchased. GOOGLE directed me here. At first I just read some of the information threads and then moved into other threads. Before long I found a 'FORUM' that I really enjoined reading and people who were involved with it that made me feel that 'THIS' was the place for me. So I joined. Haven't regretted it at all.

BEST FORUM ON THE 'NET' !!

Thanks to Steve and everyone for allowing me to be a part of such a place.

TERRY

"To realize the \'Worth\' of the anchor, we need to feel the \'Stress\' of the storm"
"Worry is the Darkroom where Negatives Develop"
2010 GL1800 - Metallic Black) - We call her "Pearl" (as in Black Pearl, a rare, beautiful and exotic gem)
post #17 of 277 (permalink) Old 12-24-2008, 10:02 PM

Post imported post

This is a great topic.

I found the site while searching yahoo for1100 Goldwing info before I bought my bike. I actually found the buyers guide first then got to reading the forums I think I actually joined the night I bought the bike.

I had no idea how truely great the people here were when I first joined but this is home to the best people on the net.
post #18 of 277 (permalink) Old 12-24-2008, 10:10 PM

Post imported post

It was the great resource of technical information that first drew me to this forum . I had purchased a CB from a Salvage Yard and when it arrived all packed in the box with all the plastic peanuts, it was now what. !! I lurked around for a week or two, read the things I could find out about installing a CB as I had never done that before. Had no idea really, had no instructions just a few parts in a box. So with a few hints from this site I got it accomplished.

Along the way I for whatever reason would stop and say something about something or the other and one thing led to the other and I found that I would rather mess around on the forum than watch T.V.

And I will simply say it is the quality of the people that kept me. Participation on a forum in any great amount takes a bit of skill, knowledge of how to say things and a sense of humor and at times a thick skin.

I have also met and made some new friends due to the forum, so I think I will stick around.

Kit

The 1800 is my bike. The very best motorcycle ever made. I was enthralled with my first test ride on this machine. It is a great bike. A crotch rocket with storage bags.............As for oil I use the slick kind, and I like round tires, but as of late I have found square ones work best on the rear. Pirelli Eufori 195/55/16 @ 32 PSI
Kit
post #19 of 277 (permalink) Old 12-24-2008, 10:38 PM
Goldwing Addict :-)

Model: GL1500SE, GL1200A
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Jluvs2dive Send a message via MSN to Jluvs2dive Send a message via Yahoo to Jluvs2dive
Post imported post

Thanks for starting this thread Greg. It's a good one I think.

I found the forum on either a Google or Yahoo search, don't recall which for sure. It was in October 2005, after I bought my first GoldWing, my 86 Apencade. I am a heavy Internet user and a bit of an information hound, so frequently go looking for info before and/or shortly after a purchase. I had some questions about my new ride and what a treasure this forum was and is. Besides all the help I've received here, I've made some great friends too.

Thanks again Steve for providing such a great place for us Wingers to get together.

John

Bought with just under 9000 miles on 08/19/2008

also
84 Aspy
84 Interstate
past
86 GL1200 Aspy
84 Standard
87 Interstate
80 Yam Midnight Special 1100
79 Suz SP400 Enduro
72 Honda SL350
81 Honda XR500
post #20 of 277 (permalink) Old 12-25-2008, 03:36 AM

Post imported post

I bought my 81 1100 as a basket case and started to reassemble her.

When I would run into issues I would Google for the answers. After a short while I noticed that the correct answer would almost be here on this forum. Then Ibookmarked this site and started coming here first. Of course I had to register and found that sometimes I could even answer someone Else's question and pay it forward.

The archives of this site is an unbelievable wealth of information. It's not just the facts and figures and how to's, Although that is all here as well, It's the hardwon information that can only be gained through millions of miles of experience. I'll bet evenMother Honda comes out here looking for answers.

Eventually I found myself coming hereto read the nontechnical posts and then of course I had to go to the Calhoun rally and meet all these wonderful people in person.

Now i can't go a day without checking in and seeing whats going on.

Peter

75 GL1000
81 GL1100
85 GL1200A
75 550F

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Miscellaneous Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page