How did you first find this forum? - Page 21 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #201 of 277 (permalink) Old 07-22-2011, 08:30 AM

Post imported post

Heard about it over at NGW (Naked Goldwings) a few years ago.

Use it a lot now thatI have a GL1500 as well as a GL1100.

Dave.

If it ain\'t broke, don\'t fix it !!!.

Present bikes.....
1981 GL1100 Vetter Interstate (SOLD!!!)
1989 GL1500 full option

Previous bikes.....

Suzuki GT 500
BMW R60/6
Suzuki GS 750
1980 GL1100 Vetter (Used to build my present80/81 GL1100 Interstate)
1983 GL1100 Interstate
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #202 of 277 (permalink) Old 08-10-2011, 10:47 PM

Post imported post

I found the Fun Forum by accident while doing a Google Search for jokes! I don't own a Goldwing, but I do have a casual interest in bikes, so I started to read my way through the site. I found myself coming back more and more often, just because I liked the people and how you all help each other out.

I lurked around for probably two years or so. Finally, about a year ago, Goldwinger posted a request for help with parts for an Austin Mini. I own one of these little vehicles, so I joined to help him out. He found his parts, and he and some others made me feel very welcome here.

Although I don't post very often, I still enjoy the site and how friendly everyone is. And I've learned enough to know that if I ever were to get a bike, it would be a 1500 Wing. And I still check the site two or three times a week!

Ian
post #203 of 277 (permalink) Old 08-10-2011, 10:57 PM
Goldwing Addict :-)

Model: GL1500SE, GL1200A
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Jluvs2dive Send a message via MSN to Jluvs2dive Send a message via Yahoo to Jluvs2dive
Post imported post

IanMcGoo22 wrote:
Quote:
I found the Fun Forum by accident while doing a Google Search for jokes! I don't own a Goldwing, but I do have a casual interest in bikes, so I started to read my way through the site. I found myself coming back more and more often, just because I liked the people and how you all help each other out.

I lurked around for probably two years or so. Finally, about a year ago, Goldwinger posted a request for help with parts for an Austin Mini. I own one of these little vehicles, so I joined to help him out. He found his parts, and he and some others made me feel very welcome here.

Although I don't post very often, I still enjoy the site and how friendly everyone is. And I've learned enough to know that if I ever were to get a bike, it would be a 1500 Wing. And I still check the site two or three times a week!

Ian
Hi Ian,

That's a great story! I'm glad you have been made welcome here. Thanks for letting us know.

John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bought with just under 9000 miles on 08/19/2008

also
84 Aspy
84 Interstate
past
86 GL1200 Aspy
84 Standard
87 Interstate
80 Yam Midnight Special 1100
79 Suz SP400 Enduro
72 Honda SL350
81 Honda XR500
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #204 of 277 (permalink) Old 08-14-2011, 04:51 AM

Post imported post

IanMcGoo22 wrote:
Quote:

Ian

I remember that Ian, and it's nice to see you still with us.

Jason
post #205 of 277 (permalink) Old 08-15-2011, 12:05 AM

Post imported post

Thank you both, Jason and Jluvs2dive. Like I said, even though I'll probably never own a motorcycle, I feel very welcome here. There's a great bunch of people on this site!
post #206 of 277 (permalink) Old 08-21-2011, 11:12 AM
Down

Year: 1996
Make: Honda
Model: Gl 1500 Aspencade
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Down
Post imported post

I found it by doing a search on 1200 goldwings after i bought one that needed rebuilding, after becoming a member and asking questions everyone was eager to lend a helping hand in one way or another. And since then I've tried to help anyone where i could offering advice on things that I've found and sharing knowledge. This is the best site that i could have hopped to be a member of. Everyone is gracious and kind and i thank everyone. My uncle made the News papers years and years ago in Mio Michigan With his sons taking a trip to Alaska on their goldwings which i think where 1000's and 1100's and hes been riding goldwing all his life and currently owns a 1500.Because of him i have always been interested in goldwings but never thought id own one tilli found one on craigslist one day for $500 that needed a lot of help. My 1200 would not be where it is today without the help of everyone on this site and for that I thank everyone again. Keith

Take the long way around!
post #207 of 277 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 06:18 PM

Post imported post

My daughter purchased a Goldwing 1500 trike, so I decided to search the forums to gain some knowledge on the machine. This is the best forum on any subject that I have found. It is a pleasure to read through the posts with the absence of gratuitous foul language which I think is totally unnecessary. Also the information in the forum is priceless.

YY UR YY UB IC UR YY 4 ME
post #208 of 277 (permalink) Old 09-27-2011, 03:01 AM

Post imported post

It was a link to a service thread from another goldwing site. So I came back to investigate and I like what I see so far.
post #209 of 277 (permalink) Old 10-29-2011, 11:40 AM
Senior Moment Member

Model: 2004 GL1800A
Post imported post

I bought my 1800 in July of 04 and started searching the web for information on backrests, maintenance, etc and found several links to this site. I lurked for 3-4 years and the when the wife and I were on a trip back from Oklahoma we met Winger77.

We stopped for coffee and during the conversation Dave asked if I had ever heard of the forum. Yep, I'm a lurker I told him. Dave convinced me to go ahead and register. When we got back home I registered.

The first person to take me up on going for a ride was Jluvs2dive. Since then I have had the great pleasure of meeting quite a few of the regulars.... and a couple of the moderators.

I spent the night in Kearney Nebraska and did not know that MDKramer lived there. I seriously regret not getting to meet him and Gena while she was still around.

This site is like a large family to me. Some are joyful and easy to get along with, some are grumpy, some are a bit disfunctional, but when someone is in need we all help out where we can.

The collective Goldwing and Life wisdom on this site is phenomenal. If Honda is not watching this site they are missing out on a great resource.

Thank you Steve for starting it, thank you to the Moderators for keeping it civil, and thank you to everyone else for accepting me into your family. I couldn't ask for more.

Henry

2004 GL1800A Dark Red
Yes that is ice on the fender!!!
Darksider # 902

post #210 of 277 (permalink) Old 10-29-2011, 12:07 PM
Other side of the pond

Model: GL1800, GL1500SE, GL1200A
Post imported post

Hanko wrote:
Quote:
The collective Goldwing and Life wisdom on this site is phenomenal.¬* If Honda is not watching this site they are missing out on a great resource.
Well said Henry.

Ted Kelly.
Current Wings; 2006 GL1800 & 1997 GL1500se.

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Miscellaneous Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page