How did you first find this forum? - Page 22 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #211 of 277 (permalink) Old 11-01-2011, 08:42 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Jon-WX5NCO
Post imported post

I found this site back in 2008 and registered the first day. I has just purchased a good friends GW and needed a LOT of info. He had passed away 4 years prior to me getting the bike (his family couldn't sell the bike for sentimental reasons). When I got the bike home, I found the forum and started taking notes. The next weekend, my inlaws started bringing stuff over for a garage sale. My GW and Magna were lost in the garage. I didn't care toooo much, because both weren't running and the garage sale would be in the next few weeks.

a few YEARS later, we had the garage sale in Oct 2011. from the time I realized we weren't going to have a quick garage sale until the sale actually happened, I stayed away from the forum. It was torture to read post about rides and all when I couldn't even see my bikes. The day after the garage sale, I was back and I'm still taking notes. I will be taking pics of the bike in the next few days and I will start asking LOTS of questions on the best, and cheapest) way to go
Jon

Jon Greene WX5NCO
Past Master
Tulsa Lodge #71 AF&AM, Tulsa Scottish Rite, Akdar Shrine
Tulsa Moose Lodge #862 (Past Governor)
Knights of Pythias - Silver Plume #182 & Tulsa Lodge #276
\'84 GL1200 Interstate
\'84 Magna V30

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 277 (permalink) Old 11-01-2011, 08:46 AM

Model: "91" 1500 interstate
Send a message via AIM to bking Send a message via MSN to bking
Post imported post

after 25 plus years of not riding I talked my wife into letting me get another bike. I looked around for about a year trying to decide what I wanted. I found a 91 interstate for a good price and fell in love with it.It was rideable butneeded some TLC. after not being on a bike for 25 years (Honda 750) I jumped on my new wing and rode it home 45 miles in the dark pulling a trailer with a short in the lights! I was a nervous wreck but we made it and having a blast riding it now. Well once I got it home I quickly realized how little I knew about this bike. I went to google looking for help and this site came up. I cant say enough good things about this site, the help I have received here has been wonderful. Some day I hope to be able to answer a fewquestions instead of asking them all the time. Thanks for all the help!!!

GWRRA #356984 chapter "Z"
past bike were so long ago cant remember the years
late 60s BSA 650
mid 70s Honda 550
late 70s Honda 750
post #213 of 277 (permalink) Old 11-03-2011, 05:21 AM
Senior Guru

Model: GL1800, GL1500, GL1200
Post imported post

As one who has been a member here a long time, I never cease to be amazed at how close-knit the group is. Even more so because of the increasing popularity and growth of the forum.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #214 of 277 (permalink) Old 11-20-2011, 04:29 PM

Post imported post

GOOGLE!!! Looking for instructions to change my air filter.
post #215 of 277 (permalink) Old 11-20-2011, 05:06 PM

Post imported post

my wife (rebelgirl) found the site looking for info. on gl1100 she was buying me one as

a surprize after i found out about the bike than she showed me the forum i had to join
post #216 of 277 (permalink) Old 11-22-2011, 07:54 AM
Friend of Bill W.

Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: 1800A
Garage
Post imported post

Thank you Greg for starting this thread. It was an interesting read.

Google brought me here. I was a lurker here for quite awhile.

The camaraderie kept me coming back. I have come to know some of the forum members in person. I do belong to a few other forums and it is always interesting to run into the same name on a different forum.

Nothing against the 750 Kawasaki, KawaNOW, Volusia Riders, Burgmen, Honda Helix and all the other motorcycle specific forums, when I sold the bike, I lost interest in that particular forum. I see long term Wing owners here, hence long term forum members.

Hopefully I can meet many more forum members on the road. I am going to ride from Seattle to New Orleans and some points in between. I am leaving Dec. 7th with Wine_r. Would appreciate any comments, road suggestions or any attractions worth mentioning.

That thread is: Seattle to New Orleans

For
Friends, Fun, Safety & Knowledge check out the GWRRA

2002 1800 Goldwing
2005 Honda Silverwing 600cc Maxiscooter
2007 900cc Kawasaki Classic LT

The Forum removes the time and distance between like minded individuals. It is quite the communication tool. I give great thanks to the owners of the board.

“Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.” Ralph Waldo Emerson.
post #217 of 277 (permalink) Old 11-22-2011, 08:00 PM

Post imported post

I followed a link on GL1800riders.
post #218 of 277 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 10:31 PM
Senior Mem & Story Teller

Year: 2010
Make: honda
Model: 2010 GL 1800 comfort (buried after fire)
Post imported post

Wife wanted to start riding again after 25 years of lay off. She bought us a 1200 last weekend of July. It had 51K on it and now is about to turn 56K. We plan on riding all winter.

Found this site while looking for a trailer hitch which I gleaned several postings and built my own.

Life is a collection of stories we old people tell and hope a few will listen and carry them into the future.

There is a story to everything we have, everyone we have met and everything we have done or we will do or dream about doing.

We sometimes ride to forget, but hopefully we never forget to ride.

Illinois Patriot Guard

Honda SL 175
Honda XL 350
Honda CB 750 X 2
Kawasaki 250
Honda GL 1200 Interstate
Honda GL 1800 (my last and one of the last made in the USA)
post #219 of 277 (permalink) Old 12-08-2011, 11:38 PM

Post imported post

I found this site while trying to find a left side cover that the wind blew off my 1800 Goldwing.

Pam aka "Sunshine"
post #220 of 277 (permalink) Old 12-09-2011, 12:22 AM

Post imported post

I found this site just the other day from the Buying a GL1500 and GL1800 links. Excellent information in both of those pages lead me to the forums.

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Miscellaneous Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page