How did you first find this forum? - Page 25 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #241 of 277 (permalink) Old 09-26-2012, 01:31 PM

Model: 2012 GL1800
Post imported post

I did a Bing search for Goldwing forums and landed here, thank goodness.

USAF 82-08 retired
VFW Life Member
2012 GL1800 8,100 miles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 277 (permalink) Old 09-26-2012, 08:35 PM

Garage
Post imported post

I stumbled across this place looking for some documentation on installing a CB radio... Spent waaaay too much time looking at all the other stuff on here and had to put it off to the next day!

Great site!

Be Well!

KevinL

\'86 GL1200 Aspencade w/Motorvation Formula II Sidecar and Ozzie the Aussie
\'95 Voyager XII, Apsen Classic camper.
post #243 of 277 (permalink) Old 10-02-2012, 10:43 AM

Garage
Post imported post

I googled GW forums...and Im happy to say this one came up ...it will take me days and days to get everything read...haha...seems like a great bunch of folks...

POW MIA KIA You are not forgotten...

Current bikes:
2012 Gold Wing GL1800 (Red, as everyone knows the fastest color)
2008 Yamaha Venture
2005 Harley Ultra Classic
2012 Aspen Classic
2005 Aspen Classic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #244 of 277 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 12:49 PM
Son of Bronson

Model: 76 GL-1000 and a 99 Gl-1500
I was googlin' Goldwing and ZINGO! There it was!

George in Jersey
99 Gl-1500
76 Gl-1000

It's called a "Dresser".
A bagger is an old lady who lives under a bridge
with her crap in a shopping cart.
post #245 of 277 (permalink) Old 03-01-2013, 05:18 AM

Model: 1800 2012 black
I was a h/d rider when i broke down in the middle of the out back (not the first time)so i got out my i phone and pressed help and low and behold hear i am.
Joking aside, iwas on another site but unless your not into the battle of egos your not really there if you now what i mean,(need to be part of the furniture) so i tried this site and love it.
And thank you all for your exceptance,from a long long away but am with you on all rides nomatter what.
cheers
post #246 of 277 (permalink) Old 05-22-2013, 03:10 PM

Model: GL1800
I belong to another forum that ive been on for 2 years , a freind told me to check this one out so here I am

2010 GL1800 Pearl Yellow
AMA Member
NRA Member
my Two favorite teams are the Baltimore Ravens and whoever plays Pittsburgh
Baltimore Ravens 2000,2012 Super Bowl Champions

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A good long ride can clear your mind, restore your faith, and use up a lot of gas
post #247 of 277 (permalink) Old 06-11-2013, 06:14 PM
killer driller

Model: 1999 1500se,1986 gl1200
Garage
I was working on my 1200 and my wife was on the internet trying to trouble shoot the problem,when she found this site,I enjoy reading the forums and have learned alot,now its like an obsession.I've even learned enough to help others on the small stuff,and I am looking forward to meeting different people
post #248 of 277 (permalink) Old 06-12-2013, 10:01 PM

Model: GL1100 Interstate
I was poking around on google trying to figure out how to work on an old goldwing that I took as payment on an old debt... Plan was to get it running and move it on to the next owner. ( I was far too young to ride a goldwing!!) After getting it running correctly and putting a few thousand miles on it, I wouldn't even consider parting with my wing. I spend most of my spare time on here reading up on the old 1100's quirks... and searching craigslist for a good deal on another one!
post #249 of 277 (permalink) Old 07-12-2013, 11:20 AM

Model: 1992 SE & 2013 F6B
Garage
Best

I simply looked up "Best Goldwing Forum"

II Kings 9:20...and the driving is like the driving of Jehu the son of Nimshi; for he driveth furiously. A.K.J.V.
post #250 of 277 (permalink) Old 07-30-2013, 01:55 PM

Model: 861200 I
Send a message via Yahoo to Richardrwg
I got my first motorcycle, an old Bultaco Alpina, when I was about 14 years old. Since then I've always worked on my own bikes. When I bought my first Goldwing however, I quickly learned that I had picked an animal unlike anything I had had before and needed some guidance, SERIOUS guidance. Well, I did a lot of lurking on different sites, getting a feel for not only knowledge, but the general attitude of the members on it as well. What I found was interesting, especially when compared to other sites.

There are rules of conduct. And the main rule was, respect of others, their opinions and their rides. But the rule seemed almost unneeded, the attitude was just there. I noted that when there were disagreements, other members joined in, not to take sides and fan the flames, but to get both sides to calm down and listen to the other. Yeah, sometimes the mods had to kick in, sometimes it seemed a little to quickly, but I guess even adults need babysitters sometimes.

The next thing I noted was that no question was belittled or put down. Any question drew the support and suggestions from all members who had a possible solution. In fact, members were going out of their way to help find a solution. And everyone else took an attitude of wanting the answer as well in case they should have a similar problem.

The last thing I noticed, and this is fat from the least, everyone seemed to genuinely care about each other, whether they had met or not. If someone had something bothering them and needed to share or vent, there was a camaraderie. Hell, that's hard to find in people we interact with in person, let alone "technical" strangers.

Yeah, Steve may have started this little site over in the Emerald Isle, and probably had no idea of what it would turn into. But wow, what it did turn into. In the time I have been here, I have received help, advise and guidance, and I have tried to offer back what little I had to give.

Consider this, I have no idea how many countries, races, religions, political beliefs, etc. are represented here, and yet all are there for each other. Seemingly with only two thing in common. One is our love for riding, even to those who join us but don't have wings, and second, the common agreement that Green IS the fastest color.

Just because you\'re a paranoid doesn\'t mean they\'re not out to get you.

Patriot Guard Riders - Standing for those who stood for us.
If you\'re not a member, be a member.

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Miscellaneous Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page