How did you first find this forum? - Page 28 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #271 of 277 (permalink) Old 06-08-2015, 09:52 PM

Year: 2018
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800
Garage
After I got my wing, I googled Goldwing forums and found a few so I just kind of looked in the background without registering with any of them. After a while I settled into this one because the people on this forum don't argue and insult each other. On some of the other sites, there seemed to be a few individuals that felt that their opinion was the only one. It's just friendlier and has some good info here to keep your wing in good health.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 277 (permalink) Old 06-08-2015, 11:37 PM
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator

Year: 2002
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetMP1sg View Post
After I got my wing, I googled Goldwing forums and found a few so I just kind of looked in the background without registering with any of them. After a while I settled into this one because the people on this forum don't argue and insult each other. On some of the other sites, there seemed to be a few individuals that felt that their opinion was the only one. It's just friendlier and has some good info here to keep your wing in good health.
I'm happy you feel wanted here, that is a primary consideration on this forum.

We try really hard to maintain a family atmosphere...
Wish you were close enough to have taken in Mt. Magazine State Park 2 days ago, wonderful food....., oh, uh, great people there too
RetMP1sg likes this.

~ John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #273 of 277 (permalink) Old 06-26-2015, 11:10 PM

Year: 1988
Model: GL1500 A
Garage
I bought my first and current Wing March 3rd of this year. I immediately started to look at what I would need to service beyond the easy stuff. Timing belts was top of my list as my bike is an 88 1500. It only had 50,000 but I could find no record of the belts being changed. I Google'd timing belts and the tutorial from this site came up. It made it so simple I couldn't believe it. Took my IPAD out to the bike for reference and got the job done in about 5 hours. Thank you thank you thank you. Great forum full of great info. I hope to be able contribute what I can. I'm currently installing a CB that I've pieced together from Ebay and other sources. The electrical filters were hard to find but I managed to get all new ones. Thanks again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #274 of 277 (permalink) Old 06-27-2016, 02:46 AM

Year: 2013
Make: HONDA CBR500R
I want to find a suitable bike on Google,Then, I found this place, and a lot of traffic here. Lots of good info in the help files etc.

HONDA CBR500R
Fly now with me
post #275 of 277 (permalink) Old 02-04-2019, 05:33 PM

Year: 1991
Model: GL1500SE
I purchased a low mileage '91 1500SE anniversary edition. Was cruising the web looking for GW related sites and bumped into this one. The threads go way back and if I spend a bit of time searching, it seems I can find a wealth of cool information. Love the site. Don't post a whole lot but I do check in regularly.
Keep it coming.
I also came upon a site called Bikerbits Australia. A bloke called Mark Vincent runs it with his partner Nay (Naomi). He does a you tube presentation called Mancave Tuesday. Its really good. Normal stuff by a normal bloke. I catch it every week. Check it out. He's an Aussie (can't have everything) and as I'm a kiwi I can admit only that Australia is the second greatest place in the world behind New Zealand. You 'merry cans' ain't the only ones with nationalistic pride you know.
Anyway, between this site and bikerbits i find the feet up time I spend when not riding is more than adequately taken up.
Keep it coming folks

Mark
post #276 of 277 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 06:55 PM

Year: 1975
Make: GL1000
Garage
Found this site doing a search on Goldwing valve adjustments. Im presently converting my Wing back to the original 4 carb. (had the single carb almost going, just to many hiccups) As I stated before, many many knowledgeable people here. (No need to search the WEB, its all here!)

Mount up Boys, Lets Ride!
post #277 of 277 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 08:37 PM
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator

Year: 2002
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
Stepping back in, been awhile since I mentioned....

I had an '84 that needed some attention, and Google to the rescue brought me here.

~ John

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Miscellaneous Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page