How did you first find this forum? - Page 7 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 277 (permalink) Old 01-02-2009, 09:16 AM

Model: 861200 I
Send a message via Yahoo to Richardrwg
Post imported post

My motorcycle days started when I was about 13, my uncle who was a hero to my brothers and I had bought a HondaSL 350. Soon after we were looking for our own, and when we were able to get working papers for farm work, we got them. My uncle soon started working at a local Honda shop as a mechanic and became very accomplished in flat track and motocross racing. always on a Honda. That began our affinity for the Honda line.

Over the years I had owned many bikes of various brands, but my love was always the Honda's. The biggest I had owned was a couple of CB 750's and I always looked at the wings as something I just couldn't afford. Well, life and becoming a single dad ended my riding for a long time, that is until my father rolled in on the 76 wing he had just bought. After "borrowing" it for a few weekends, and finding out how much Wendy loved going on long rides, I decided it was time for another bike, the problem was the money. Well, I had a lot of scuba gear in excellent condition, but I hadn't used it in years as everyone that I used to dive with had moved or was no longer diving. Initially I sought to sell the gear when I found someone who was interested in swapping his wing for my gear even up, I jumped on it.

It was in great shape but did need a few issues taken care of and after a couple rides I realized that I had questions that needed answers before I could do anything. I googled my questions and found various answers in various sites, but then I stumbled on this site. I not only found the answers I needed, but got caught up in the other posts as well. As I read all of the posts, I found not onlya wealth of information that eagerly shared, but the humor, friendship and love of the wing and riding as well, and I wanted to be a part of it.

Just because you\'re a paranoid doesn\'t mean they\'re not out to get you.

Patriot Guard Riders - Standing for those who stood for us.
If you\'re not a member, be a member.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 277 (permalink) Old 01-02-2009, 10:01 AM
Goldwing Addict :-)

Model: GL1500SE, GL1200A
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Jluvs2dive Send a message via MSN to Jluvs2dive Send a message via Yahoo to Jluvs2dive
Post imported post

Richardrwg wrote:
Quote:
Well, I had a lot of scuba gear in excellent condition, but I hadn't used it in years as everyone that I used to dive with had moved or was no longer diving. Initially I sought to sell the gear when I found someone who was interested in swapping his wing for my gear even up, I jumped on it.
YOU GOT RID OF YOUR SCUBA GEAR FOR A GOLDWING!!Couldn't you find something else to sell, like your TV, stereo, lawnmower, car.....?!

John AKA Jluvs2dive

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bought with just under 9000 miles on 08/19/2008

also
84 Aspy
84 Interstate
past
86 GL1200 Aspy
84 Standard
87 Interstate
80 Yam Midnight Special 1100
79 Suz SP400 Enduro
72 Honda SL350
81 Honda XR500
post #63 of 277 (permalink) Old 01-02-2009, 11:24 AM
GERIATRIC MEMBER

Model: Neighbours 1800
Post imported post

If you had at least gotan as swap, but to part with your diving gear for a is criminal

"Redwing"

"The Rider Of The Fastest Colour"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 277 (permalink) Old 01-02-2009, 03:06 PM

Model: 861200 I
Send a message via Yahoo to Richardrwg
Post imported post

I can't agree with you more, but my last few dives were solo dives. They were recovery dives for lost motors. They were about 8 years ago, since then, they were dry.

On the wing, wendy and share some great rides as well as the excitement my boys get on the rides. Who by the way each received a leather riding jacket from their grandparents.

I fell in love with the idea of diving since watching Lloyd Bridges on Sea Hunt, I was certified as soon as possible and have made memories that I will always have. But that was something I did, with the wing, I can share another love with children and teach them along the way.

Just because you\'re a paranoid doesn\'t mean they\'re not out to get you.

Patriot Guard Riders - Standing for those who stood for us.
If you\'re not a member, be a member.
post #65 of 277 (permalink) Old 01-02-2009, 03:51 PM

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Jluvs2dive Send a message via MSN to Jluvs2dive Send a message via Yahoo to Jluvs2dive
Post imported post

Richardrwg wrote:
Quote:
I can't agree with you more, but my last few dives were solo dives. They were recovery dives for lost motors. They were about 8 years ago, since then, they were dry.

On the wing, wendy and share some great rides as well as the excitement my boys get on the rides. Who by the way each received a leather riding jacket from their grandparents.

I fell in love with the idea of diving since watching Lloyd Bridges on Sea Hunt, I was certified as soon as possible and have made memories that I will always have. But that was something I did, with the wing, I can share another love with children and teach them along the way.
Yeah I hear ya. I was just teasin' ya. My drysuit & wetsuit both shrunk while hanging so I'm currently trying to shrink to fit them again. I had trouble finding people to dive with for awhile too, but my new riding buddy is also an avid diver, so I'm motivated to get back into my gear.

John

also
84 Aspy
84 Interstate
past
86 GL1200 Aspy
84 Standard
87 Interstate
79 Suz SP400 Enduro
72 Honda SL350
81 Honda XR500
post #66 of 277 (permalink) Old 01-02-2009, 04:38 PM
Monkey with a Football

Model: Linux, Firewalls & VPNs
Garage
Post imported post

The closest I ever got to diving was testing a hand held depth sounder prototype in Jacques Clouseau's diving pool while demoing it to them in LA.

Way to buoyant for diving, I is.

Or was it his son?

Rudy

ď...and the rabid dog they gave me
wasn't too much funĒ
post #67 of 277 (permalink) Old 01-02-2009, 04:45 PM

Garage
Post imported post

Rudy wrote:
Quote:
The closest I ever got to diving was testing a hand held depth sounder prototype in Jacques Clouseau's diving pool while demoing it to them in LA.

Way to buoyant for diving, I is.

Or was it his son?
That's what weights are for Bud. The fluffier we are, the more boyant and therefore more weight is needed. I think I was at pert near 50#'s of lead last dive.

also
84 Aspy
84 Interstate
past
86 GL1200 Aspy
84 Standard
87 Interstate
79 Suz SP400 Enduro
72 Honda SL350
81 Honda XR500
post #68 of 277 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 12:28 PM

Post imported post

A buddy of mine has an 83 Interstate and I was asking questions about GW's since I was looking for one. I did a search on what to look for when buying a GW and came across one of the threads in the forum. I did a little deleting on the link and found this forum. WOW there is a lot of great info here not to mention the experience that comes along with it. It has helped me on my bike and has given me some ideas to try. When I come up with some idea that I want to do or improve upon the bike in some way the little woman just rolls her eyes. I get most of those ideas while poking around on the forums....

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK EVERYONE........

Avatar: Republic P-47 Thunderbolt (Jug)
Gotta love that R-2800 and big ole paddle blade prop.....
I love the smell of 100 octane and oil in the morning.....
Just think, this is what the Germans saw barreling in at them.... (8) 50\'s blazin away....
Ride safe and watch your six!

post #69 of 277 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 06:13 PM

Post imported post

i was doing a google image search for a picture of Elton John in his fat years and it returned a page with wexy's profile....so i just had to stay

\"\"THE MAD WELSHMAN in OZ\"\"

\"Lifetime member of the ORIGINAL 6 PACK club\"
post #70 of 277 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 06:16 PM

Post imported post

Tattoo Taffy wrote:
Quote:
i was doing a google image search for a picture of Elton John in his fat years and it returned a page with wexy's profile....so i just had to stay
:coo l:

Jim

\'83 GL1100A

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Miscellaneous Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page