1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #71 of 277 (permalink) Old 01-14-2009, 10:38 PM

Post imported post

Jluvs2dive wrote:
Quote:
Rudy wrote:
Quote:
The closest I ever got to diving was testing a hand held depth sounder prototype in Jacques Clouseau's diving pool while demoing it to them in LA.

Way to buoyant for diving, I is.

Or was it his son?
That's what weights are for Bud. The fluffier we are, the more boyant and therefore more weight is needed. I think I was at pert near 50#'s of lead last dive.
My Goodness John, I'd have to tie a Volkswagon on my back then !!

Steve-O

Anything that I post ANYWHERE on these Forums is NOT meant to discriminate against ANY Nationality, Race, Creed, Color, or Religion, in MY world EVERYONE has a right to their own religion, and opinion, and I Love them ALL.
The ONLY People I DON\'T Like are TERRORISTS !
You Praise YOUR GOD, and I will Praise MINE, and That Does NOT make us Enemies !

PLEASE, Support our Troops

1984 GL1200 Aspencade
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 277 (permalink) Old 01-14-2009, 10:54 PM

Post imported post

Greg, I found this forum by Searching Ask Jeeves, I hadn't yet bought a Goldwing but was wanting one. My Brother (ponymanr) had just bought an 81 1100. Iwas reading the forum and saw a member who was having problems with a Wing, so he was going to get rid of it. I joined to ask him what he would want for it, and 15 min later he marked me as a SPAMMER, I never did understand Why, but OH Well. I got a GL1200A around a month later, and ponymanr joined the forum too, and the rest is History. I am on the computer at least 6 hrs a day, and 80% of that time is right here. We are really Blessed to have this forum, what a bunch of GREAT and knowledgable people. I plan to stay here until my Birth Certificate Expires, Thanks Steve for getting this forum going,,,,, Good Job !!

Steve-O

Anything that I post ANYWHERE on these Forums is NOT meant to discriminate against ANY Nationality, Race, Creed, Color, or Religion, in MY world EVERYONE has a right to their own religion, and opinion, and I Love them ALL.
The ONLY People I DON\'T Like are TERRORISTS !
You Praise YOUR GOD, and I will Praise MINE, and That Does NOT make us Enemies !

PLEASE, Support our Troops

1984 GL1200 Aspencade
post #73 of 277 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 01:04 AM
Goldwing Addict :-)

Model: GL1500SE, GL1200A
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Jluvs2dive Send a message via MSN to Jluvs2dive Send a message via Yahoo to Jluvs2dive
Post imported post

b679995 wrote:
Quote:

Steve-O
Actually Beatles are pretty water tight and boyant if I remember correctly. Besides, I doubt you could be too much bigger than me. I'm apretty big feller.

John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bought with just under 9000 miles on 08/19/2008

also
84 Aspy
84 Interstate
past
86 GL1200 Aspy
84 Standard
87 Interstate
80 Yam Midnight Special 1100
79 Suz SP400 Enduro
72 Honda SL350
81 Honda XR500
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #74 of 277 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 01:10 AM

Year: 1994
Make: Honda
Model: SE Trike
Post imported post

After not having a bike for 15 years, I purchased my 1200 from eBay in September 2006. When it was delivered, I knew I was going to need help "nursing it back to health." Looking for information, I Googled "Goldwing" and here I am! Great people, great info. If you can't find the answers you're looking for here,you are simply asking the wrong questions!

The Rev. William B. Henry, Jr.
1994 Goldwing SE Trike
post #75 of 277 (permalink) Old 01-17-2009, 08:33 PM

Post imported post

Bought a 500 dollar Goldwing for my son to ride when he is home on furlow, it is a bit worse shape than I thought, not sure I can bring it back or not. Any how from the Andes Mts in South America he found this page and clued me in. I sign on and shortly after he did also. need to learn plastic welding.

Time is the coin of LIFE be careful how you spend it.
post #76 of 277 (permalink) Old 01-19-2009, 04:39 AM
Senior Guru

Model: GL1800, GL1500, GL1200
Post imported post

I found it by accident. I was in Ireland teaching IT communications course to my counterparts in their national communications company some years ago and I decided to go to the big annual bike show. There was a Goldwing on display for the irish wing club and I asked if they had a website. The girl said yes they had and gave me the link, and she gave me the link to here as well telling me "steves site is much livlier than the club site". She was right, the forum wasn't as big back then but it was very inviting and friendly and I have spent many enjoyable hours and made friends from right here, and I even gotvto meet the wingnut family once.
I know the wingnut is modest and shies away from praise and credit, but I still say he deserves it for creating over the site and forum that has brought so many of us together.
post #77 of 277 (permalink) Old 01-19-2009, 10:57 AM
Monkey with a Football

Model: Linux, Firewalls & VPNs
Garage
Post imported post

Jluvs2dive wrote:
Quote:
b679995 wrote:
Quote:

Steve-O
Actually Beatles are pretty water tight and boyant if I remember correctly. Besides, I doubt you could be too much bigger than me. I'm apretty big feller.

John
They do ok if you fill them with concrete first.

Rudy

“...and the rabid dog they gave me
wasn't too much fun”
post #78 of 277 (permalink) Old 01-19-2009, 11:33 AM
GERIATRIC MEMBER

Model: Neighbours 1800
Post imported post

GWNorman wrote:
Quote:
I found it by accident. I decided to go to the big annual bike show. There was a Goldwing on display for the irish wing club and I asked if they had a website. The girl said yes they had and gave me the link, and she gave me the link to here as well telling me "steves site is much livlier than the club site". She was right, the forum wasn't as big back then but it was very inviting and friendly and I have spent many enjoyable hours and made friends from right here, and I even got to meet the wingnut family once.
I know the wingnut is modest and shies away from praise and credit, but I still say he deserves it for creating over the site and forum that has brought so many of us together.
Ah!! Ha!! so thats how you got promoted so quickly you went tomeet the wingnut and his family and threatened him

"Redwing"

"The Rider Of The Fastest Colour"
post #79 of 277 (permalink) Old 01-19-2009, 01:42 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to RonSena
Post imported post

I don't remember how I came to be here.

Thats my story and I am sticking to it....

post #80 of 277 (permalink) Old 01-19-2009, 09:29 PM
Goldwing Addict :-)

Model: GL1500SE, GL1200A
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Jluvs2dive Send a message via MSN to Jluvs2dive Send a message via Yahoo to Jluvs2dive
Post imported post

Rudy wrote:
Quote:
Jluvs2dive wrote:
Quote:
b679995 wrote:
Quote:

Steve-O

John
They do ok if you fill them with concrete first.
Yeah, that'll probably work.

Bought with just under 9000 miles on 08/19/2008

also
84 Aspy
84 Interstate
past
86 GL1200 Aspy
84 Standard
87 Interstate
80 Yam Midnight Special 1100
79 Suz SP400 Enduro
72 Honda SL350
81 Honda XR500

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Miscellaneous Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page