Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/)
-   Miscellaneous Forum (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/4-miscellaneous-forum/)
-   -   How did you first find this forum? (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/4-miscellaneous-forum/316386-how-did-you-first-find-forum.html)

NaturalyGW 12-24-2008 02:05 PM

imported post

I was curious how fellow members found out about this fourm? Here my story. On my first ride with our local GWRRA I met Jluvs2dive, we chatted back and forth on the cb and he told me about this fourm that he belongs to, and that he was planing a trip to Georgia in September. We seem to have alot in common, our faith, and I also love to scuba dive. We live less than two miles apart and we both now ride 2000 SE 1500s'. A few weeks latter on anther ride together, we stoped off at a friend of his house. Thats when I met Paul (exavid) . Wow what a wealth of information. We hung out in his shop with about five goldwings in differnt stages of rebuild, and chatted. They were talking about the trip to Calhoun. This really got my attention. Ive' always wanted to go across country on my bike.The trips my wife and I take are usually 400 or less miles a day. I was ready for a long ride with the guys. It took me a month or so to get the nerve to ask my self along but finally did. I started checking out this site and signed up. Paul says to me when are you going to stop "lurking and sign up" Its been great ever since... Sorry sooo long. Greg

Oregonwinger 12-24-2008 02:25 PM

imported post

That's a great testimony, Greg. I think I found it on the net. (Google??) And, because of this forum, I've met a lot of people I never would have otherwise. Like yourself, Ubarw, Exavid, Jluvs2dive, JBZ, TDBieber, Axlewick, Gino, etc. Funny, I can't get hardly anyone in our club interested enough to join the forum. There's even a cpl. more close-by on the forum that are distant.:( And, where's Black Cade and Bob King??!! Anyway, it's been a great experience, helping, and meeting new people.

phatty of 2 12-24-2008 02:25 PM

imported post

well i got my first street bike (used to ride dirt bikes before the kids came along) not knowing anything about it (po didnt tell me much)i was googling to read up on maintainance , parts and stuff and i found this great site now its like a second family

da_bull 12-24-2008 02:28 PM

imported post

I always try to find some place to hang out with like minded motorcyclists for whatever I am riding at the time. I was part of the V-Star 1100 riders forum for well over 3 years. Once I got my 1200, I ran across the 1200riders I posted a few times there, but they took forever to respond to a question (lack of traffic maybe, dunno), anyways about the time I was thinking about a 1500, I found this place, and a lot of traffic here. Lots of good info in the help files etc. Ya'll gonna have to kick me outta here now, I'm hooked...

Thanks for ya'lls' (<---that's an official southern term there) wonderful forum...

Bill

nightwizard40 12-24-2008 03:07 PM

imported post

I ran across it after doing a google search. It was right after I bought my first wing, and was looking for a place to find maintenance tips and where to get parts. This has been a great place for information plus friendships!!

Hats off to Steve!!

Oregonwinger 12-24-2008 03:10 PM

imported post

Amen to that, NW, Amen :)

gtwing 12-24-2008 03:18 PM

imported post

My experience was googling for anything to do with golwings. I also have a very satisfying time spent on this site reading and posting with hellos basically but feeling part just the same. Happy Holidays all.

wingnut 12-24-2008 03:19 PM

imported post

This is an interesting thread, I don't think anyone thought of it before so well done Greg. I'll sticky it for a while, I might learn from it myself. ;)

SpiderBob 12-24-2008 03:42 PM

imported post

I was surfing as I needed some help on a bike project. I tried a few, I was checking this one out, when I wanted to ask a question about a post, so I had to register. I remember most when a moderator sent me a note that if I did not introduce myself, I would be erased (maybe not quite like that, but that is how I remember it), but I really wanted to ask the question. When I did the new member thing, I got a whole lot of people saying welcome to me. I thought wow, I never been anywhere where they took the time to do that. Then later when I got on line and responded to some posts, it was like, these are really knowledgeable and good people, the rest is history. I never went back to any of the other forums. I found myself wanting to ask and respond to different posts. Everyone here is for the lack of a better word, became anextended family, it dosn't matter what you do, rich or poor, everyone is treated the same, with respect. It took me a while to get into the "fun" forum, wasn't sure how to take that. But wow, it is exactly what it says, fun. I have learned so much from the Technical postings as well, someday perhaps I can respond better to this part of the forum. Another thing I've found here is a well run forum, kudos to all of you that take care of that. You don't find a lot of bikkering, fighting, or even slaming. There are differences of openion, as there always is, but again, it is dealt with in a humane way. I have said things here, that I have not even told by best of friends.

What ever it is your doing, you seem to have done it right. It is a lucky find.

Reitzclean 12-24-2008 03:58 PM

imported post

I had been on a motorcycle trip with my sons and had borrowed by son's bike to ride. After spending time at the Blue Ridge Motorcycle camp that long weekend, I decided the wing was going to be my bike. Came back and googled goldwings and came up the the site. Read up on what to look for in a wing and went looking. Internet is a great thing