Although this is an old thread, I'll toss in my 2 cents.
I'm pretty sure I'd need a trailer for mc camping. I've done a LOT of airplane camping and it looks like a mc trailer will haul about what a small
1. Modestly priced biggest tent you can haul (no need to overspend here)
2. Air mattress (critical)
3. Propane stove (size optional)
4. Cooking/eating utensils
5. Cooler w/ ice to keep food in
6. Camp chair
7. Ground tarp (handy for lots of things)
8. Light source (lantern, flashlight, etc.)
9. Roll-up camping table (nice to have when no picnic table at site)
10. Towel, wash cloth, soap, personal toiletries
11. Enough underwear for days anticipated, extra jeans, Tshirts, etc.
12. First aid kit
13. Container of water
14. And, most importantly, whatever else you personally need to make the
experience more enjoyable!
As you may have guessed by now...I'm not into minimalist camping at my age. It's all about comfort and convenience