Things worth fighting for, and things not.... - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-24-2009, 03:28 PM Thread Starter
Forum Diplomat

Post imported post

Memorial Day falls this weekend, a day upon which we venerate our most honored citizens, our fallen dead, those who over the years have died fighting for our most precious possessions, our freedom, our very national identity..... On this day we should reflect upon what is worth fighting for, and what is not.....

This forum is worth fighting for..... the relationships formed here in cyber space, relationships made possible by the sweet machines and the fresh wind and speed of our shared passion, motorcycling, are worth fighting for..... Our yearly gatherings, our shared joking, our shared camaraderie... all these are worth fighting for.....

This forum has been one of my most pleasurable experiences. I've come close several times to fighting with some on here, maybe even to the point of wanting to leave; but, deep in my heart, I've realized that whatever point I was trying to make wasn't as important as the forum overall was to me. And I relented; and I apologized; or I ignored whatever slight I felt I was dealt.... because the forum is worth fighting for....

We are losing quality members. I'm rather confused why, because I can't figure out from the old posts what would cause someone like Kit and Tany to leave..... but I would beg of all of you this: if you are one of the "bullys," please contact these members and get it straightened out, not only for their sake but for your own. If you are one of the offended, please.... I beg you.... take a deep breath, stand up, and come back, because we need you.... we need all of you here.

Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain, the Hero of Little Roundtop, once purportedly said this about the American Civil War: "We are a different kind of army... different than any before. We are an army to set men free... so America can be free ground, from here to the Pacific Ocean...Here no man must kneel; here a man can be free; here a man can build a home. We must win this war, because, in the end, we are fighting for each other......."

This forum is worth fighting for....... because we are fighting for each other....

First name: Mel (Red\'s: Sandy)

"It's a dangerous business, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no telling where you might be swept off to." (Bilbo Baggins)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-24-2009, 03:32 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to The Big Dog
Post imported post

Well said Mel, Once again you have put into words the things I wish I could. Thanks.

Never Ride Faster Than Your Angel Can Fly

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Proud member of the Patriot Guard Riders Id# 186868
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-24-2009, 03:59 PM

Post imported post

Like always, very well said and true!

"The Duke of" Earl.
PGR member
IBA member #32000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-24-2009, 07:01 PM
A d m i n i s t r a t o r

Model: 1994 Aspencade
Post imported post

I am also in total agreement and Mel does have a way of putting it. If there is anything we other members can do to help, please let us know.

Dennis

Join me on facebook Dennis D-Rod Ruda, Hamburg, New York

Button Lady's book website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-24-2009, 07:15 PM

Model: GL1500 SE
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Jerryk959
Post imported post

Very well said, Mel. I agree 110%.

Jerry
N5DTR
1984 GL1200A
1994 GL1500A (Gone to a better home)
2004 Harley Sportster 1200 Custom (Wifes Bike)
2000 GL1500SE 25th Anniversery Edition (Pearl Coronado Blue)

Some days it\'s not even worth chewing through the restraints...

"We ride and never worry \'bout the fall...guess that\'s just the cowboy in us all." -Tim McGraw

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-24-2009, 10:19 PM

Model: GL1800 2015 Red
Post imported post

You sure have a way with words Mel.

I hope that once again the pen is mightier than the sword. But a few sword strokes in the right place.............

John

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-24-2009, 10:21 PM

Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800
Post imported post

Mel, you have a knack of cutting to the quick & putting what it important right out there. Whoever is doing this Please stop. To Kit & Tanygaer, please reconsider.

Andy
2002 GL1800

"Always have a smile on your face, makes everyone else think you're getting away with something"

If you woke up this morning, don't complain - You woke up!

"It's amazing how much good you can do if you don't care who gets the credit."
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 06:17 AM

Model: GL1500SE
Post imported post

I left another forum because of a bully. I wasn't afraid of him but I began to mistrustthe people that tolerated him.

Len
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 11:03 AM

Model: 2008
Post imported post

I'm not sure the term 'Bully' would apply here. In the school yard (this is childish) bullies are usually there where you can see them. Everyone knows who the school yard bullies are. Although they depend on the cowering mob to let them get away with their self centered behavior, at least they are out in the open.

These people seem to be more like snakes. Lay low in the light of day and only come out after dark. They remain in the shadows, skulking around in the darkness of anonymity. To expect them to be man enough to, all of a sudden, come out into the light and address this the way they should have done in the first place? I think you're setting the bar a little to high.

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 12:08 PM

Model: GL1500
Post imported post

Well said Mel.................now if we can just get you back on a Wing instead of that.......well non wing

Served 823rd RED HORSE Unit \'83-\'88 USAF
\'Semper Ducimus\'
Red Knights Alabama Chapter 2
"Loyal to our Duty"
PGR Alabama Div.

1983 CX500 Custom
1981 GL1100 Standard
1982 GL1100 Aspencade
1985 GL1200 LTD

Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Miscellaneous Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page