hello i hope someone can help me i was wondering
how i put a pic of my bike on my profile.
afterdark, see if this will help you.
get a program called IrFanView at
Once you have it downloaded and installed, do the following.
Open Explorer and find the picture you want. Double click and IrFanView should open the picture up.
Now here is where you can get fancy:
If the picture of your bike has a lot of extra stuff in the scene that you would like to exclude, do this:
* position the mouse cursor to a top left position just above and left of the bike. Hold down the left button on the mouse and drag downwards and to the right forming a box around the bike. Release the mouse button.
* look at the bike “framed” image. Is it like you wanted? No? Redraw the box again until you are satisfied with the new frame around your bike.
* Once you have the bike framed the way you want, hold down the Control key and touch the ‘Y’ key. Wow! The bike is now full frame.
* Now, do a Control-R and enter 220 in the left box for pixels. The right box will change automatically, leave it alone. Click OK.
* Now do a Control-S, give the new picture a name like Bike1 and click OK.
* You have just performed the necessary steps to get your picture ready to upload as an avatar.
* Once you get into your Account, click on AVATAR and then click on BROWSE. Find ‘Bike1’ and double click on that filename.
* Now click on Upload and the bike’s image should show up as your new avatar.
Do a Control-F5 to clear your PC’s cache memory and reload your new avatar to view. Go to a recent post you made, or go to the test forum and make a new post. See if your new avatar is the way you want it to look. If the old avatar is still there, do Control-F5 again to make the new avatar load on your PC.
There you go, you are now an Avatar Pro