Trailer Tags - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-20-2009, 09:27 AM Thread Starter

Model: GL-1500
Post imported post

AS most of you know 93Wing gave me a motorcycle pop-up camper trailer, and when I can I have been doing some things to it....Such as buying two new tire and wheel assemblies, couldn't find 165. 65x8 inch tires only.....Installed new assemblies found one wheel hub extremely loose so I took that hub off totally repacked bearings and tightened it up to where it rolls free with out almost 1 inch in and out play????...Bought some heavy duty canvas and patched one hole on the zipper side of canvas, this now makes the extra room zip on really easy......

But the only in Texas part is this.....93 Wing had some paper work on this trailer and his friend had tried to get it tagged, but come to find out this trailer still has the Certificate of Origin, which should have been sent to the state of Texas the first time it was sold in Texas..???? So I went, with paper work to our local county annex....Lady said "Just register it as a homemade, because of the extra paper work on finding out who and why it was never registered in Texas" ...So I got the paper work she gave me filled it out and within 30 minutes I was issued a Trailer tag for this trailer...!!!!!!....Now it is totally legal.....

All I have left to do is finish installing some new flush mount LED tail lights, and changing out the wiring harness plug in to where it will work on my Jeep and the Wing.....A little clean up work and put our camping gear in it, and it will be ready to roll.....

Claude....

THE NATION WHICH FORGETS ITS DEFENDERS WILL ITSELF BE FORGOTTEN

1982 GL-1100 Goldwing Interstate...Black Beauty
1994 GL-1500 Goldwing Aspencade...401K....

Honorary member Wild Rhinos

I have kissed the Cod, downed the Screech, and shouted "Long may your big jib draw!" I am now a member of the Royal Order of Newfoundland Screechers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-20-2009, 10:01 AM

Post imported post

Had the same experience here in Indiana. My son was stationed in Gulf Port MS. He bought a Harbor Freight trailer to pull his dirt bike on behind his Jeep. Since his bike, Jeep and drivers license are here in Indiana, he wanted to plate the trailer here to.

He sent me the certificate of origin. That wasnt good enough, he had to have the bill of sale, and then he would have to be here in person, since my current POA had expired.

So I left the BMV, walked down the street to a friend of mine. Wrote up a bill of sale,he signed it in front of a notary and I went right back in to the BMV and licensed the trailer in my name. I sent the plates to my son, next time he is home, we will run down to the BMV and change the ownership to his name. What a crock just to license a trailer.

Sonny In Southern Indiana
Back on the forum after an 8 year absence

My home made Table Lift
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Miscellaneous Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page