IMPORTANT NEWS YOU SHOULD KKNOW NOW!!! - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-20-2009, 12:39 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via MSN to Nightrider1 Send a message via Yahoo to Nightrider1
Post imported post

Happy Hollidays Everyone!
I appolige for being away so long. I had another surgury,
(#3) with another one coming up again on Dec. 7th. I have had trouble logging in, and I had to reformat and reload. I was trying to reload my computer to be a Moderator on www.goldwingsingles.com, but I never got the software in time. It was really nice of Dave for inviting me to do that though for what little time I had to do it though. No one has ever given me an opportunity like that, but I still cannot upgrade right now. My Nephew has my Upgrade CD, and he is in Ohio Working.
I have some important news for the people in the Alabama (and possibly the whole USA)
Starting next month, ALL CELL PHONES are going PUBLIC, and everyone needs to call (1-888-382-1222 in Alabama) on any Cell Phone, or Landline, to keep telemarkereters from calling your cell phone and using up your precious minutes. If you have a landline, call that number to block them also. If you do not know the address for call blocking in your state, try using this URL. It's www.donotcall.gov. Make sure you put in EVERY PHONE NUMBER in your home you use. Cell Phones Also.
Thank You,
Sincerely,
God Bless,
David B. Moore, Aka Nightrider1

P.S.
If anyone is close to Gadsden, Alabama, I need some help getting a stator out of an old parts bike and I have many other parts going to a friend who gave me a $7.00 Discount on an order from crc.usedcycles.com. I promised to get them out on the 1st, but the 3rd surgury killed my time line.

You meet the best people who ride a Goldwing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-20-2009, 12:52 AM

Model: 1993 trike i built Mine all Mine.
Post imported post

you know i did that when they said to do it on my land line years ago and i got more calls than before. i think they want you to do it so they can get your #????

just do it and ask questions later. if you never start you\'ll never finish.

PGR # 190570
cc permit
1988 1500 trike to be
1980 cb900 custom
gl 1988 1500 trike sold
2003 flhtuci sold
gl 1986 1200 trike sold
gl 1984 1200 trike sold
first bike cb 160 honda
to many to list in between
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-20-2009, 01:16 AM
Still a winger at heart.

Model: Sure wish I could ride...
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to UbarW
Post imported post

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/cell411.asp

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Proud Member of the Patriot Guard Riders-Id: 79170

Panel 16W - Line 33

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-20-2009, 02:04 AM

Send a message via MSN to Triker Mike
Post imported post

I just tried to go to the donotcall website & my computer blocked me from going there. It said that there was a problem with the Security Certificate

Triker mike
" L E T S R I D E "

Does having a short mean that the wires don\'t touch
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-20-2009, 02:40 AM
Passed On, R.I.P.

Post imported post

UBarW wrote:
Thanks Dick...I suspected as much. Classic BS, I fear...

Motorcycle Pete
-----------------------------------
Motorcycle Pete Bateman is no longer with us. He passed away at home in July 2010. Always popular, Pete is missed by all of us.
-----------------------------------
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-20-2009, 02:53 AM
Postpubescent member

Model: None at present
Post imported post

Yep, first time I saw that one passed aorund on email must have been four years or more ago. My first rule of sanity is to ignore ANY warning that arrives unsolicited on email.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
None at present
Past 'Wings: GL1100, GL1200, GL1500, GL1800

Current BMW C650GT
Paul W.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-20-2009, 10:18 AM

Model: 93 Gl1500 / 76 Gl1000
Post imported post

The donotcall list for all phones is a lot of hooie. Doesn't stop anyone from calling. You can tell them to take your number off their list or call and report them but that doesn't stop them either. The .GOV explains it all.

Tom

Black 93 1500 Aspy
Yellow 76 1000
Black Cherry 04 Rune Sold

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

"You have enemies? Good. That means you have stood up for something, sometime in your life." Winston Churchill

"I've now been in 57 states? I think one left to go?" B. O.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-20-2009, 01:51 PM
Anti-Guru

Model: '06 GL1800
Post imported post

A very interesting bit on the Do Not Call list is that the list is available to all telemarketing companies...

This is supposed to stop "for profit" folks from telemarketing to those numbers, but for non-profits and politicals, and thousands of other folks -- it's a pre-assembled and fully validated list of GOOD phone numbers to be calling.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-20-2009, 10:26 PM

Model: GL1500SE
Post imported post

satan wrote:
Quote:
A very interesting bit on the Do Not Call list is that the list is available to all telemarketing companies...

This is supposed to stop "for profit" folks from telemarketing to those numbers, but for non-profits and politicals, and thousands of other folks -- it's a pre-assembled and fully validated list of GOOD phone numbers to be calling.
That's an interesting down side.

I registered on the do not call list when it first got started. I don't get very many telemarketing calls anyway.

In the front of your phone book there are instructions for setting anonymous call rejection. When caller ID first came out, a lot of people felt it was an invasion of their privacy that their number showed up when they called someone. (I think that's backwards thinking, as you are violating my privacy by calling me, but I guess they have a right to their opinion.) Anyway the phone companies set up caller ID blocking so that the number wouldn't be shown. So people like me protested, I want to see that number. So they gave us anonymous call rejection. If someone blocks their caller ID, when they call me, they receive a message that I am not accepting calls from anonymous numbers. They have to turn off their blocking to call me.

Instantly, I stopped getting 95% of telemarketing calls. I think that now I get about 1 or 2 calls a month, tops. Some monthsI don't get any. When the do not call list came out, I registered on it also, but it didn't make much difference.

Jim

Beware, I'm a known thread hijacker.

'96 GL1500 SE
Honda Riders of Tidewater -- Former Chapter President

My personal webpage:

Desert Storm Veteran USS Pensacola (LSD-38)
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-21-2009, 12:53 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via MSN to Nightrider1 Send a message via Yahoo to Nightrider1
Post imported post

I really do not know where the "Snope" come in, looks kinda old, but I calld Sprint, and he said it was going to go into effect January 1st.2010. I never revieved it through my email. Mine was given to me from the billing lady at the Hospital Discharge. If I were you, I'd call the cell phone company you have, and see if they are going public. Apparently Sprint/Nextel seems to be. I spoke with a guy named Anyhony. Also, on Sprint's website, you can block ANY number you do not want calling you, or texing. If it doesn't come from the horses mouth, I will not repeat it. After I first regerstered mine 2 years ago, I had one company call me after the 31 day period, and I filed a complaint, and I have not had any telemarketers calling me since.
Nightrider1

UPDATE:
I emailed the FCC tonite, 11/21/09, at 12:04am to see if this is correct. I should hear from them sometime next week. I should know something by then, and I will post it. I'd also like to know if sprint is correct. Their left hand doesn't know where their right hand is.

You meet the best people who ride a Goldwing
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Off Topic Section > Miscellaneous Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page