Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/)
-   Miscellaneous Forum (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/4-miscellaneous-forum/)
-   -   Black Friday (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/4-miscellaneous-forum/338296-black-friday.html)

82gl1100iWingman 11-27-2009 09:03 AM

imported post

I just got out to go to Cavenders (western wear store) to get me some shoes the had on sale for 50% off. I needed a new pair so I thought this would be a good time to get them. WRONG!!! I rode the 1200 (side car is disconnected) to the store. There was a black suburban parked in front of Cavendars. I was going 3 mph as I tried to pass it while it was parked. Well the jerk decided to go when I was up to the rear tire. I laid on the horns but to no avail I hit his vehicle and left a small impression about 1" deep in the side and a 8" long scratch where my mirror went up as I started go over to the left. I nailed the gas to get me upright and got up beside him and called him everything but a nice guy. His wife got out of the Suburban and proceeded to say if they had hit me why wasn't I laying on the ground. She also she didn't appreciate me using such language in front of her kids. A motorcycle cop had witnessed what took place. The cop asked me to calm down and told me all that wasn't necessary. I told him he should understand since he is rider. He tried to nod but as a "peace" officer I think he tried to stay impartial. The cop asked me if I wanted to press charges, I said no and hoped this guy would learn his lesson to look out for motorcycles. The jerk wad tells the cop he wants to press charges on me for, get this, "verbal abuse". :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:I turned around and told the cop if that's the case I do want to press charges on the felony hit and run charges he should be getting. The look on the jerks face was priceless. The cop asked him again if he wanted to press charges. He said no but thinks I need to go to anger management class. I told him he needs to go back to driving school and learn how to drive again. I was then asked to leave the scene if I am not going to press charges. So I did hoping he might learn but I doubt it. Oh neither me nor the bike suffered any damage. I got lucky again. :coollep:

CaptainMidnight85 11-27-2009 09:13 AM

imported post

1891 Attachment(s)
It aint called "Black Friday" for nothing, eh? ... :cheeky1:

Good to see you're alright. Shopping center parking lots are dangerous places at anytime for a bike, but especially today.

AspectTwo 11-27-2009 09:16 AM

imported post

You are lucky! Glad this run in turned out ok, not with you & your 1200 under the Suburban. I'm sure they still wouldn't have stopped, just a little bump in the road from something dropped outside the store.

What an a$$!:X Press charges on your for verbal abuse - LOVE that you came back with felony hit & run. That had to be a priceless look on the guy's face!!:shock:

ScooterTramp 11-27-2009 12:04 PM

imported post

I think I would have pressed charges - in front of their children.

IdahoRaider 11-27-2009 12:42 PM

imported post

I agree with ScooterTramp.
that would have been the only way he would have watched for Motorcycles in the future.
Sounded like he thought it was all YOUR fault.

peterbilt 11-27-2009 01:30 PM

imported post

my wife went to walmart at 5am this morning armed with pepper spray this year because some BI*C*

about yanked her hair out for a bicycle there were about 20 police officers at each entrance and a mobile command center in the parking lot so they dont even have to take you down town anymore

luckilly she didnt need to use the pepper spray this year just put it there for self protection

now i think shes going to use it on me

MDKramer 11-27-2009 02:13 PM

imported post

Lucky you, and lucky him it wasn't me. There'd have been a 15 sized boot print in his fender as well as a ding and a scratch.

redbaron 11-27-2009 05:07 PM

imported post

Black Friday wanna hear horror stories of Black Friday and the Mall ask me....I get backed out in front of, cut off at intersections, blocked isles, people having fist fights over parking spaces, etc...I'm there everyday with these idiots and don't fool yourself, they multiply like rabbits.....

Y'all have a nice day, and I am glad yo didn't get hurt....

Claude....