RED LIGHT LAW WAS BS!!!! - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-27-2010, 05:22 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Post imported post

Turns out andmost are saying/agreeing is that the"socalled red light law is turning out to be another state scam!!!!some radio stations have agreed that it is more of a hazard than a safety thing, :in otherwords another money makin state scam and has "nothing to do with safety" and all about how much $$$$$ the system can make! They go on to say the short yellow is not enuff time to stop and people get nervous and try to make thegreen, not run the yellow!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-27-2010, 07:46 PM
Just one of the guys

Model: '94 1500 SE with Tri-wing Trike kit
Garage
Post imported post

If they did indeed put on a short yellow they should be flooged then dragged down the street.

If the yellow is still the standard length, people need to start to pay attention to their driving, not their cell phone, PDA, GPS, or whatever they are messing with instead of driving.

Doug

Home Security System designed by Bill Ruger

'94 Bermuda Green Pearl SE With Tri-Wing Trike conversion

The more I try to keep my Trike clean, the less I like Chrome.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-27-2010, 08:54 PM

Model: GL1500SE
Post imported post

I've been saying that for years.

I live near one of those bad intersections where people constantly run the red light and so the city added red light cameras.

I read the opposing engineering viewpoint that said that the yellow light was too short. If the yellow light was 2 seconds longer, as recommended by the engineers, the number of red light runners would drop to almost zero.

Since I sit in that traffic almost daily, I've noticed that at certain times of the day you sit througha red light cycle, about 10 or 12 cars back and the green light cycle only lets 3 or 4 cars through, so when the light turns yellow the next 3 or 4 cars, frustrated at sitting through so many cycles continue on through.

Lately, since they have put up the red light cameras, I'venoticed that the pattern has changed. The green light cycle is now longer. But no matter how many cars are in line, the last car can never get through. I've seen 4 cars in line, and only 3 get through. I've seen 10 cars in line and only 9 get through. I might be imagining it, but I swear that if I am not the last person in line, I always get through now. But whenever I am the last person in line, I never make it. When ever I pull up in the morning, I always pray that at least one person pulls up behind me.

I swear that there are sensors in the road to determine how much traffic is waiting at the light and the timer is adjusted appropriately, but the timer is set just a little bit short. Perhaps they are trying to set up that last person hoping that they get frustratedinto running the light. Just enough to keep the cash flowing?

Jim

Beware, I'm a known thread hijacker.

'96 GL1500 SE
Honda Riders of Tidewater -- Former Chapter President

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My personal webpage:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Desert Storm Veteran USS Pensacola (LSD-38)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-27-2010, 09:38 PM
Just one of the guys

Model: '94 1500 SE with Tri-wing Trike kit
Garage
Post imported post

Wolfman wrote:
Quote:

I swear that there are sensors in the road to determine how much traffic is waiting at the light and the timer is adjusted appropriately, but the timer is set just a little bit short. Perhaps they are trying to set up that last person hoping that they get frustratedinto running the light. Just enough to keep the cash flowing?

Maybe there is some sadistic litle dweeb sittingin an office with a camera on that intersection just screwing with the mind of whoever is last in line.

Doug

Home Security System designed by Bill Ruger

'94 Bermuda Green Pearl SE With Tri-Wing Trike conversion

The more I try to keep my Trike clean, the less I like Chrome.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-27-2010, 10:01 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Post imported post

DougW wrote:
Quote:
If they did indeed put on a short yellow they should be flooged then dragged down the street.

If the yellow is still the standard length, people need to start to pay attention to their driving, not their cell phone, PDA, GPS, or whatever they are messing with instead of driving.
for the record the word is on some the yellow is shorter than others,no consistancy whatever!!who knows what lurks in the minds of those money makin beaucraticSOBs
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010, 06:46 AM

Post imported post

I have to admit the only thing that pee's me off more than a redlight runner is having to sit thru several cycles to get through the intersection myself.

But in all fairness, somewhere impatience and our need to get somewhere has blurred the common sense of travel.

Leave a little earlier and plan better. Running yellows and reds in my book is no different in saying I'm in too much of a hurry to change the tire that has gone flat.

I'll just keep going!

Unless it has changed since I took drivers education, and granted that was when the shifter was on the column not the floor,,

Yellow meant stop if it is "SAFELY POSSIBLE" to do so,,,

"If NOT" proceed with caution.

Not floor it and you should be able to make it half way through the intersection before it's red.

I admit I have gone through intersections and then told myself, "You know, I should have really stopped" only to look up in the mirror and see four more cars fly through behind me!

"The Duke of" Earl.
PGR member
IBA member #32000
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010, 01:16 PM

Model: GL1100 / GL1200
Post imported post

Wolfman wrote:
Quote:
The sensor isn't in the road, it's a small radar unit built into the camera that triggers the light cycle once the spot on the pavement it has been aimed at is clear for "X" seconds, with "X" being an arbitrary number set by your local traffic engineers.

If you observe the intersection long enough, you can pretty much figure out where that spot is.

Mike Kramer

"Learn from the past, set vivid, detailed goals for the future, and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control: Now."

Denis Waitley
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 11:50 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Post imported post

Oh Im sure thiers lotta little hidden gadgets we know nothing about they use to take our money! bottom line folks>>>>>>>>>"BE VIGILENT!!!and expect thesystem to do everything and anything they canto get your $$$$$$$$$$$!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Miscellaneous Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page