What a lousy evening we had - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-26-2010, 07:36 AM Thread Starter

Post imported post

Pulled up in the driveway yesterday, garage door was open (the wife got home before I did) and I noticed water where the garage door rest when down... Odd, wonder what leaked in the garage....)

As I was putting the bike away the wife came out and promptly let me know that we had a flooded house!!!!

AAAWWWWE NUTS!!!!!!

Well, it seems like sometime during the day while we were both at work the tank on the toilet in the guest bathroom decided to split. I have never even heard of that happening. From the flush handle all the way down the side....

Got some folks out to suck the water out of the house and they said that they had seen several tanks that had cracked......

I have got to hand it to the wife..... she was on the phone with the insurance company, got a trailer to put what we could parked in the driveway and was working her fanny off to get things up and moved so the guys could come suck up the water....... Hats off to you Honey LOVE YOU.... (I married a good women..)

Well to say the least we will probably be going to a hotel tonight after she gets the critters borded up, It was noisy as all get out with about 20 industrial fans and 3 dehumidifiers running........... I don't think she will put up with that for a couple more nights........

Oh well such as life goes........ (I need more coffee)......

Charles

Avatar: Republic P-47 Thunderbolt (Jug)
Gotta love that R-2800 and big ole paddle blade prop.....
I love the smell of 100 octane and oil in the morning.....
Just think, this is what the Germans saw barreling in at them.... (8) 50\'s blazin away....
Ride safe and watch your six!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-26-2010, 08:15 AM

Post imported post

I feel your pain, got a call last year at lunch. My Wife went home to find the water heater had busted giving us an indoor swimming pool

Hope you are able to get it all completely dry, we luckily do not have carpet.

Dan
1998 GL1500SE in Pearl White.
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-26-2010, 08:26 AM

Model: GL-1500
Post imported post

Charles how far did it get in the house, as in what rooms?????...If you need some help brother, I'll take a vacation day Saturday and cancel what I have for Sunday and drive up....Give me a call......How far did it get as in back room/computer room, living room????.....That sucks........

You mentioned that the guys doing the water removal said that they had seen this before?????...What brand commode is it and find out if these other tanks busting were in homes around you and if they were the same brand commodes....You might have a good case of whoop fanny on that manufacture???.....I know for a fact that the guys that build these new homes use the "cheapest" toilets, sinks, etc..to make extra bucks.....Not saying jump up and go hiring a lawyer, but if this is "common" there you just might want to look into it......

Claude.....

THE NATION WHICH FORGETS ITS DEFENDERS WILL ITSELF BE FORGOTTEN

1982 GL-1100 Goldwing Interstate...Black Beauty
1994 GL-1500 Goldwing Aspencade...401K....

Honorary member Wild Rhinos

I have kissed the Cod, downed the Screech, and shouted "Long may your big jib draw!" I am now a member of the Royal Order of Newfoundland Screechers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-26-2010, 08:32 AM

Model: None
Post imported post

Same here so I understand completely...flooded our finished basement! Water and seeking its own level, that's toilets for you can't live with 'em can't live without 'em
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-26-2010, 09:20 AM

Post imported post

Oh that story brings back memories of 1999. I was preparing to deploy to Sicily and the day I was supposed to leave, my oldest daughter wakes me up to tell me that the den ( a converted garage) was full of water. It turns out that a plastic washer at the bottom of the tank had cracked and allowed the supply line to drop out of the tank and spray an nice 3/8" stream of water for who knows how long. The garage was sunken about 6 inches from the rest of the slab of the house. The water was front to back, running under what was the garage door, down the driveway and down the street.

I called my landlord, who was working on someone's roof from a recent tornado, when my daughter comes up to me and shows me her thumb, cut down to the bone by playing with an Exacto knife. GREAT! As I am preparing to take her to the hospital, I was notified that my departure time was moved up 3 hours. GREAT! So, I had to leave my daughter with my wife, go to work, deploy, and hope for the best.

The landlord came in, moved all our furniture out of the den area, pulled up the carpet, and dried everything out. It all worked out in the end.

I hope that you did not lose anything valuable from water damage.

Everrett Prostrollo
1977 Honda Goldwing modified to
a 1990 Tri-Sport configuration
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-26-2010, 09:23 AM

Post imported post

93Wing wrote:
Quote:
AAAWWWWE NUTS!!!!!!

Charles, are you SURE that is what you said?? I would have had to say a fewother words

Everrett Prostrollo
1977 Honda Goldwing modified to
a 1990 Tri-Sport configuration
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-26-2010, 10:03 AM Thread Starter

Post imported post

bigcowhead wrote:
Quote:
93Wing wrote:
Quote:
AAAWWWWE NUTS!!!!!!

Charles, are you SURE that is what you said?? I would have had to say a fewother words

I'm a pretty quiet fella.... I didn't start saying bad things until about 9:00 when my blood sugar was bottoming out and when it does I get GRUMPY..... but I will have to plead the 5th as to what I said..........

Just think, this is what the Germans saw barreling in at them.... (8) 50\'s blazin away....

post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-26-2010, 10:05 AM

Model: GL-1500
Post imported post

I have had the great pleasure of meeting Charles, back over a year ago....When I seen that in his city and state he had entered Montgomery, Texas... I just had to tell him of how that city got its name, and we chatted back and forth by PM's for several weeks....Then too my youngest son lives in Conroe, Texas not more than 10 to 12 miles from Charles, so one morning I drove up visited with my son and his family, and then called Charles, drove out to his home and we "hit it off"....Charles even gave me a motorcycle travel trailer....I have come to think the world of both Charles and his lovely wife, Laura.....Seems that Laura has my "number", she sided with my wife about my smoking and at our first M&G in Conroe Laura "nailed" me about the extra bacon and saw mill gravy I had ordered....This was my first time ever to meet Laura.......We have drove up there and broke bread with Charles and Laura several times.....Now as far as the AWWWW NUTS!!!!!...I have never heard this man or his wife udder anything stronger....Both good Christian people. both in words, actions, and deeds....

Prime example of their dealings with me, came a few months ago....Again our youngest son had hit the bottom once more...I had called Charles about meeting for a dinner I owe them...He said he was going out to work on his "rent house"???? I told him I would drive up give him a hand with it....Then I asked about what he got for rent, where his "rent house" was located etc....I Googled it, and then drove up to look at it....Then we met up with Charles, his wife and my sons family to "look" at his "rent house"...An 16 x 80 ft 3 bedroom, two bath mobile home.....The kids loved it and they now live on one acre of land, lots of tall trees, and unlike the tiny over priced apartment they lived in, the kids have their own bedrooms and share a bathroom........Even when we found the front porch flooring rotting, Charles only said AWWW NUTS....I get tickled hearing him say it.....I'm am a better person for meeting this young couple, and can only hope that we share many many more years of friendship....

Claude.....

THE NATION WHICH FORGETS ITS DEFENDERS WILL ITSELF BE FORGOTTEN

1982 GL-1100 Goldwing Interstate...Black Beauty
1994 GL-1500 Goldwing Aspencade...401K....

Honorary member Wild Rhinos

I have kissed the Cod, downed the Screech, and shouted "Long may your big jib draw!" I am now a member of the Royal Order of Newfoundland Screechers
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-26-2010, 11:25 AM Thread Starter

Post imported post

Wow Claude, I'm blushing.........

Thanks my friend....

I met him that one evening and we hit it off, doen't happen very often with me because of my scepticism of most folks....we do enjoy his and Janells company and we always have a good time when we get together..... Love yall both.....

I get the AWE from my Granpa, he was always saying that when something wasn't going right. The NUTS part I got from WWII when at the Battle of the Bulge the Germans asked the GI's to surrender but they sent back "NUTS"....... and we all know what happened with that.....

Guess It's my way of being defiant when the odds are against me......

post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-26-2010, 11:27 AM

Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: GL-1800A
Garage
Post imported post

Well that sux, hopefully they can dry you up in time before mold gets in there.

Pat your wife on the back, or give her a kiss...sounds like she did a great job!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

GWRRA 327965
Rider Ed Level 4 #8529 (Master)
Darksider #1491
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Miscellaneous Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page