My buttons are popping off...... - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 10:06 PM Thread Starter

Model: GL-1500
Post imported post

I can't go into much detail except to say first that 6 of my fellow officers are going to given one of the highest awards that the Houston Police Department gives to non police officers.....Four of them still work with us one quit to become a school teacher, the other one was fired, so he can pick his award up afterwords.....Several months ago there was a shooting at another small mall that resulted in the victim dying at the scene...The perpetrators had a wreck getting out of that Mall drove to our Mall....Two of our officers noticed that these four guys were acting real strange, So when their ride showed up between the 4 officers and our dispatcher got the license plate number....These guys were arrested at the get away car owners home.....These officers were given a $50.00 Mall gift certificate....The HPD officers that responded to our Mall to the abandoned car took names of all of the people involved....But no one ever mentioned that these officers would be nominated for this award...????

This November five of the six are going to be presented the highest civilian award HPD gives out.....There are suppose to be Several City, County, State and Federal officials there for these awards.....All five are being taken to the uniform company issued new long sleeve shirts, ties, badges all silver, new pants, and all new duty belts, cuff cases and cuffs, and white gloves, plus the officers will get all new cowboy hats to wear for this night.....Lots big big plans for them that night..Local TV stations will be covering it, so when I get a time and channel I will pass it along.....Yes I'm very proud of my co-workers

Now for those of you that think ALL Mall security officers are like the ones in "Mall Cop" and "Observe and Report" are badly mistaken.....We do our jobs and consider ourselves as well trained to perform our duties....Over 7 of our officers including myself are "Certified Peace Officers", some of the younger guys will and have gone to work with local PD's and or Counties....

Claude......

THE NATION WHICH FORGETS ITS DEFENDERS WILL ITSELF BE FORGOTTEN

1982 GL-1100 Goldwing Interstate...Black Beauty
1994 GL-1500 Goldwing Aspencade...401K....

Honorary member Wild Rhinos

I have kissed the Cod, downed the Screech, and shouted "Long may your big jib draw!" I am now a member of the Royal Order of Newfoundland Screechers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-19-2010, 07:22 AM

Year: 1994
Model: GL1500SE
Post imported post

Congrats to them and you.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-19-2010, 10:09 AM

Post imported post

I remember when that happened, good deal for those involved.

Avatar: Republic P-47 Thunderbolt (Jug)
Gotta love that R-2800 and big ole paddle blade prop.....
I love the smell of 100 octane and oil in the morning.....
Just think, this is what the Germans saw barreling in at them.... (8) 50\'s blazin away....
Ride safe and watch your six!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-19-2010, 10:51 AM

Send a message via MSN to Cyngen Send a message via Yahoo to Cyngen
Post imported post

Excellent!

It doesn\'t matter what you ride, just so you ride.

\'88 GL1500

Kurt n Jan
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-19-2010, 12:12 PM

Year: 1981
Make: Honda
Model: 1100
Garage
Post imported post

:cla pper:
often an overlooked job, often underpaid and involved in dealing with the degrade's our civilization has to offer. My Hats off to ya! bro.

They are all perfect
Last samuri
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Miscellaneous Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page