Return Shipping Charges - Page 2 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-14-2010, 06:05 AM
Just another ORF!

Model: 92 1500 Aspencade
Garage
Post imported post

I once bought a front fender rail from Wingstuff, along with some other goodies. The Front Fender Rail was a piece of junk and I phoned up Wingstuff telling them that it looked like a 1st yr apprentice had welded it and the chrome was falling off the welds. They said "No Problem, we'll send you out a shipping label(UPS) and return it for a refund." Well, we had problems getting the shipping label to print, don't know what the problem was - could have been because I live in Canada?. Anyways, I rode 40 minutes south to Oroville, WA and mailed it back. I got a full refund for the product and my mailing costs!

That's the way a business should run, if they expect repeat business!

1992 1500 Aspencade - 213,178 showing on the clock

- just another Rider
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"anyone can go fast on a straightaway" - Dusty Boots

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-14-2010, 06:05 AM
Trike Master

Model: 06 levelIII/Hannigan
Post imported post

KAHUNAH wrote:
Quote:
Their listing states that they havea no questions asked return policy but return shipping for a refund is not reimbursed. I can understand this position and even support it. However, to me stating that return shipping for a refundis the customer's responsibility is inferring replacement charges are on them. That to me is just good business. I purchased a product listed and described as new. I don't see why I should pay extra to get one that actually works.What is really surprising is that they have a really good feedback rating.

I had E-mails w/a Flea-bay business attempting to buy a new digital police scanner.

His ad said, NO RETURNS. Asked if that meant if I received a radio that didn't perform as expected or didn't work at all, I couldn't return for an exchange. Answer was no, they're all new. If you have a problem you will need to take it up w/the manufacturer as a warranty concern. Wonder if he's still in business?
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-14-2010, 06:13 AM
Banned

Post imported post

tfdeputydawg wrote:
Quote:
Wonder if he's still in business?
It's eBay, ...of course he (pick an identity) is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-14-2010, 06:18 AM
Monkey with a Football

Model: Linux, Firewalls & VPNs
Garage
Post imported post

If the seller said in his listing that you pay shipping one way on returned items and you chose to buy it anyway, I don't see how you can be upset at the seller.

You made the decision to buy in the face of the rules. Are you upset because he didn't agree to bend the rules for you or because you got trapped in the rules stated in advance? You had the option to ask the seller 'what if' questions prior to the purchase, although I'm sure you never thought about that situation occurring.

Personally, I would have covered both ends of it but that is my choice as the seller. I state in my listing the rules and you decide to live with them by purchasing that item or not.

I do not buy any seller's argument that the manufacturer will take care of the item because most of the manufacturers don't recognize ebay sellers as legit. Since I manufacture my own products, I don't have that problem and neither would my customers. But that is rare, I'll admit.

Rudy

“...and the rabid dog they gave me
wasn't too much fun”
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-14-2010, 07:08 AM Thread Starter

Post imported post

Rudy wrote:
Quote:
If the seller said in his listing that you pay shipping one way on returned items and you chose to buy it anyway, I don't see how you can be upset at the seller.

You made the decision to buy in the face of the rules. Are you upset because he didn't agree to bend the rules for you or because you got trapped in the rules stated in advance? You had the option to ask the seller 'what if' questions prior to the purchase, although I'm sure you never thought about that situation occurring.

Personally, I would have covered both ends of it but that is my choice as the seller. I state in my listing the rules and you decide to live with them by purchasing that item or not.

I do not buy any seller's argument that the manufacturer will take care of the item because most of the manufacturers don't recognize ebay sellers as legit. Since I manufacture my own products, I don't have that problem and neither would my customers. But that is rare, I'll admit.

I think you misunderstood. Directly from the ad:

All items brand new in box unless otherwise noted....

...Full purchase price refunded(minus shipping) ,no questions asked,if item is returned in new condition in original packaging.

So, I'm not asking him to bend the rules. I returned, for replacement, a defective product. Thereis noquestion in my mind that the above statement clearly states returns for refund are at the consumer's expense. That right there answers the "what ifs" If all return shipping costs were the consumer's it should state "If item is returned/exchanged." I'm expecting him to apply good business ethics. I don't buy his excuse that his supplier won't compensate for defective merchandise either. Even if they didn't, it's his cost of doing business. If they don't make it right I will name them here.
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-14-2010, 07:24 AM
Banned

Post imported post

So, ..they state up front, and you knew it up-front, that the return shipping is on you.

Their ethics are fine IMO. Would you want them to reimburse you for the time and fuel used if it was from your local BestBuy because of applying the same ethical principal?

How is any retailer to know if any of their product line is defective in its original manufacturers packaging.

Unless the retailer is also a authorized service center for the manufacturer, then they won't get reimbursed either.

They set the rules, and you agreed to them via your decision to purchase, now you're not in agreement?

Outting them for what? .. playing by the rules that you initially agreed to? What's fair about that?

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-14-2010, 07:36 AM
Piled Higher and Deeper

Post imported post

Rudy wrote:
Quote:
If the seller said in his listing that you pay shipping one way on returned items and you chose to buy it anyway, I don't see how you can be upset at the seller....
I agree with Rudy... if the policy is stated, you have no complaint. Read before you buy.

AKA "Jim"
---------------
Have a Gold Wing? Look at the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
! even though they closed this one it has the best graphics and is valid.
---------------
If a man speaks in the forest and there is no woman to hear him, is he still wrong?
---------------
2000 GL1500SE
1983 GL1100I
---------------
But formerly San Diego, Terra Haute, Aiken, Oak Ridge, Tonopah NV, Pasadena CA, Aiken SC, Richland WA, and now back to Tonopah NV..)
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-14-2010, 11:36 AM Thread Starter

Post imported post

I guess I'm just looking at it differently. To me, returning for a refund is not the same as returning for replacement of something defective. I'm not asking for the cost of time or fuel. I quess not everyone exercises the same business ethics that I always strived to put forth. I do thankeveryone for their opinions
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-14-2010, 09:41 PM

Model: GL1500SE
Post imported post

KAHUNAH wrote:
Quote:
I guess I'm just looking at it differently. To me, returning for a refund is not the same as returning for replacement of something defective. I'm not asking for the cost of time or fuel. I quess not everyone exercises the same business ethics that I always strived to put forth. I do thankeveryone for their opinions
I go along with the above. If I ordered the wrong stuff it's my dime. If they erred it's their tab.

Len
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-14-2010, 09:49 PM

Year: 1996
Make: Goldwing SE
Model: 1996 GL1500SE
Garage
Post imported post

I guess I will have to say its a legal contract you agreed to the terms which in this case is you have to pay any return shipping. It may not be very ethical but its how they choose to do business. Your only recourse at this point really is to never buy from them again. Because from the sounds of it they won't refund the shipping but then again E-bay may just decide in your favor if they do count yourself lucky.

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
~ Arthur C. Clarke ~

Always look for the door "C" it may be hidden but there is always one there...
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Miscellaneous Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page