Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/)
-   Miscellaneous Forum (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/4-miscellaneous-forum/)
-   -   Return Shipping Charges (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/4-miscellaneous-forum/359925-return-shipping-charges.html)

KAHUNAH 12-13-2010 09:46 PM

imported post

Okay, let me pose a question. Suppose you purchased a product online and it was defective when you received it. The retailer agreed it was defective and told you to return it for a replacement. Now, is it out of line to expect the retailer to pick up thereturn shipping charge?

I bought a newamber led ring of fire online. It was defective. The seller readily agreed to replace it. I returned it. I expected them to reimburse the return shipping. They absolutely refuse to. I am currently in the middle of a dispute claim via pay-pal and am awaiting their decision. I was in retail management for a long time and never expected my customers to foot the extra costs involved in making something right that was wrong from the start. I'm just wondering what everyone else thinks.

chiefcherokee 12-13-2010 10:02 PM

imported post

If they are replacing it they should pay for return shipping and for shipping the new one to you. If you are returning for a refund they should pay for return and reimburse you for original shipping costs. If they don't let them know you will never be buying anything from them again, you will leave negative feedback and tell all your friends about your shabby treatment at their hands.

CaptainMidnight85 12-13-2010 10:05 PM

imported post

1891 Attachment(s)
KAHUNAH wrote:
Quote:

Now, is it out of line to expect the retailer to pick up thereturn shipping charge?
Out of line expectation? ...Why not simplyask beforehandto dissolve the loadedexpectation?

Why torture yourself with the unknown.

Fritz_The_Cat 12-13-2010 10:16 PM

imported post

If somebody sends me defective goods and then expects me to pay the return shipping, they better enjoy spending my money cause it's the last of it they'll ever see.

KAHUNAH 12-13-2010 10:19 PM

imported post

Their listing states that they havea no questions asked return policy but return shipping for a refund is not reimbursed. I can understand this position and even support it. However, to me stating that return shipping for a refundis the customer's responsibility is inferring replacement charges are on them. That to me is just good business. I purchased a product listed and described as new. I don't see why I should pay extra to get one that actually works.What is really surprising is that they have a really good feedback rating.

wpgfire 12-13-2010 10:24 PM

imported post

Simple solution:
Ask for a refund.
Pay the return shipping you have to pay anyway.
Buy someplace else.
Name the retailer on this Forum.
That'll teach them.

I know I'd think twice after one of my fellow Wingers had a legitimate beef with a retailer and I'm sure there are others that would also. They'd wish they'd paid a few bucks of shipping!

exavid 12-14-2010 01:00 AM

imported post

It wasn't S**** C**** was it!:badgrin:Naw... it couldn't be they wouldn't take it back.

SETHAN12 12-14-2010 02:26 AM

imported post

Is that the LOVE of the Christmas spirit I'm feelin':ROFL:

peterbilt 12-14-2010 05:48 AM

imported post

was it specified in the terms of agreement that no one reads if your unhappy or product is defective pay for shipping or something like that ive seen many items online that do this

CaptainMidnight85 12-14-2010 05:55 AM

imported post

1891 Attachment(s)
...what's up with the Forums clock? ...I posted the first post this morning about a half hour ago. :?