So you think you're over the hill, huh? - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-18-2011, 07:39 PM Thread Starter
Forum Diplomat

Post imported post

Check this guy out!

http://www.esquire.com/features/don-wildman-0508

First name: Mel (Red\'s: Sandy)

"It's a dangerous business, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no telling where you might be swept off to." (Bilbo Baggins)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-18-2011, 11:57 PM

Model: GL1000
Post imported post

Not bad.

My dad sent me this exercise today:

EXERCISE FOR PEOPLE OVER 50

Begin by standing on a comfortable surface, where you have plenty of room at each side.

With a 5-lbpotato bag in each hand, extend your arms straight out from your sides and hold them there as long as you can. Try to reach a full minute, and then relax.

Each day you'll find that you can hold this position for just a bit longer. After a couple of weeks, move up to 10-lb potato bags.

Then try 50-lb potato bags and then eventually try to get to where you can lift a 100-lb potato bag in each hand and hold your arms straight for more than a full minute.

After you feel confident at that level,put a potatoin each bag.

1978 Honda GL1000

DirtRoadCowboy.com
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-20-2011, 01:34 AM

Model: 1800
Post imported post

I could probably do this one, but I would like to be lying down on my back. ha ha ha

I like my Trike....also have a 2008 Honda VXT1300
also have a 2003 Honda GL 1800
also had a 1987 Honda Gl 1200
also had a 1986 Honda Sei1200
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-20-2011, 09:00 AM

Model: GL-1500
Post imported post

Thanks for that CJ....My father would have loved that guy....He worked everyday from 3 am till 10 pm 7 days a week for many years working and running dairy farms...Try making Bossie move her big butt when shes in no mood to mess with....He didn't start working on the dairy farms until he was in his 70's....I remember my dad working all day throwing bales of hay onto a wagon, at 16 years old I couldn't keep up with him, at 30 I still couldn't keep up with him, at 50 years old I gave up...I remember one of my brothers out in the front yard working out with some home made weights, he wanted to "buff up" for the girls...Dad sat on the front porch till Roger had to sit down..Dad walked out and picked up those "home made" weights and with one hand did more reps than Roger had done with both hands, never broke a sweat...Dad had been a "roughneck" on oil and sulpher rigs most of his younger days...Drove a school bus for twenty five years, you know the bull nosed ones with no power steering, After their bus runs they got on work clothes and went to the several school grounds to mow grass, plant trees and my dads job included planting and taking care of the rose bushes he loved...Some of those rose bushes were around for years then the school had them dug up.... Always hard manual labor jobs, no office work, always out in the sun...

I went with my dad one morning to do the early milking on this small dairy farm..They had one cow, "peepeye", that would get into the stall, and "peep" around to see where you were standing, if you got behind her she would kick you....That morning before dad could get the "kickers" on her she nailed him...The building had corraged metal sides...Dad went through that wall tearing it out...He got up limped over to that cow drawed back, and with five broken ribs he hit her with his fist...She fell to her knees....Took him to the hospital, they taped him up..Next morning dad was back in that barn milking those cows...."peepeye" didn't want to come into the barn, had to drag her in, she never kicked any one again, who said cows are dumb???

Dad worked manual labor everyday, till he was 83 years old, setting in a rocker was not his idea of "work"......Dad took this job at the golf course mowing grass, not the greens the pro did those, setting up the 8 ft wood tables in the Country Club for dinners, and did other small chores.... Three days before he passed he had mowed the "roughs" around the nine hole golf course when ....He barely made it home, my youngest brother took him to the hospital, Doctor did a cat scan, admitted him, Three days later he passed from cancer...It had been in our plans to throw Dad a big 85th birthday party, our only sister had rented the Community center, sent invitations to everyone, even had ordered the cake....He came out of the induced coma long enough to, ask us if we remembered that today was his birthday, had a bite of his cake, went back to sleep...

Funny note....That little dairy farm about one mile from the house closed, the owner was having health issues, gave dad a name of another dairy farm that needed help, more cows and a free house...Dad worked there for a year, one morning the owner came by the barn to tell dad he had bought several new cows...The truck gets there starts unloading 20 new cows...Who is the last cow out???? Yup "peepeye".....That cow went nuts when she seen dad, but was a good producer for a few more years...Don't remember what happened to "peepeye" but I think they sold her to the meat company....Yeah my dad and that guy would have gotten along real well....

THE NATION WHICH FORGETS ITS DEFENDERS WILL ITSELF BE FORGOTTEN

1982 GL-1100 Goldwing Interstate...Black Beauty
1994 GL-1500 Goldwing Aspencade...401K....

Honorary member Wild Rhinos

I have kissed the Cod, downed the Screech, and shouted "Long may your big jib draw!" I am now a member of the Royal Order of Newfoundland Screechers
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Miscellaneous Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page