Recent Obit. - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-30-2011, 02:34 PM Thread Starter

Year: 1991
Make: Honda
Model: GL 1500 Interstate
Post imported post

Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was, since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape.

He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as:-Knowing when to come in out of the rain; - Why the early bird gets the worm;- Life isn't always fair; - And maybe it was my fault.

Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies, don't spend more than you can earn and adults, not children, are in charge.

His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well-intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports of a 6-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition. Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job that they themselves had failed to do in disciplining their unruly children.

It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer sun lotion or an aspirin to a student; but could not inform parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.

Common Sense lost the will to live as the churches became businesses; and criminals received better treatment than their victims.

Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar could sue you for assault.

Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement.

Common Sense was preceded in death, by his parents, Truth and Trust, by his wife Discretion, his daughter Responsibility, and his son, Reason.

He is survived by his 4 stepbrothers; I Know My Rights,I Want It Now,Someone Else Is To Blame,I'm A Victim. Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone.
If you still remember him, pass this on. If not, do nothing

"Lagavulin" is not a dirty word
Darkside # 1088
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-30-2011, 08:39 PM

Post imported post

How true....how sad.

Mark
Wineberry 1983 Interstate
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-30-2011, 10:45 PM

Model: GL1800
Post imported post

jpelmer wrote:
Quote:
...........He is survived by his 4 stepbrothers; I Know My Rights,I Want It Now,Someone Else Is To Blame,I'm A Victim.
And a cousin, politically correct.

Tom, GL1800

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-02-2011, 06:44 AM
mod-erator

Model: 2010 GL1800
Garage
Post imported post

How come we all knew what was causing the untimely death and were unable or unwilling to do anything about it? I am ashamed of myself for not shooting the first pointy headed liberal SOB I heard spouting his garbage squarely between the eyes and spending the rest of my life in a cushy prison.

With no God over the state, the state then becomes not the defender of liberty but the definer of liberty.

NRA endowment life member
Wild Rhino Arkansas chapter
2010 1800 pearl yellow

If I disagree with you it's simply because you're wrong.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-03-2011, 01:33 PM

Post imported post

DaveO430 wrote:
Quote:
How come we all knew what was causing the untimely death and were unable or unwilling to do anything about it? I am ashamed of myself for not shooting the first pointy headed liberal SOB I heard spouting his garbage squarely between the eyes and spending the rest of my life in a cushy prison.
Dave,

I'm a new guy on this forum, and really enjoy reading all the posts contained. However, I've seen quite a few references to 'liberals' that have not been very motorcycle-oriented. I've kept my peace, never once made a comment, and continued to enjoy the incredible wealth of information found on these pages. I can let a lot just pass me by or roll off my back.

But to say "I am ashamed of myself for not shooting the first pointy headed liberal SOB I heard spouting his garbage squarely between the eyes and spending the rest of my life in a cushy prison." is way over the line.

After frequenting this site for the last couple of months, I've come to realize there is a definite conservative lean to it's membership. Again, to each their own, but this isn't a political forum. It's about Goldwings, big and small. I'm surprised and a little disappointed that the moderators let as much go on as they do.

I consider myself to be a liberal. In fact, I'm proud to be so. I'm born and raised in Massachusetts, so that probably has a lot to do with it. Let's keep the talk about motorcycling and all the good stuff that goes with it....

Thanks,

Bob

You think it\'s easy !!???
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-03-2011, 02:26 PM Thread Starter

Year: 1991
Make: Honda
Model: GL 1500 Interstate
Post imported post

Baldo

Don't know about the pointy head but, I'm a definite liberal SOB here. I don't know Dave0430 personally, but have read many of his tech posts and admire him for that and hope to meet him and many others someday. I think we all have moments when "kill them all and let god sort them out" rules the forebrain.

Pat

"Lagavulin" is not a dirty word
Darkside # 1088
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-03-2011, 05:55 PM

Post imported post

Daves comment didn't have much political bite until Baldo gave it attention.

Shame on Baldo for being a whiner.

Grow a pair.

Freddyboy

May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you\'re dead.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-03-2011, 06:40 PM

Model: 86 gl1200 aspencade
Post imported post

Well said freddyboy what happened to if you dont like it dont read it a just keep movin on

John
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-03-2011, 06:41 PM

Model: 2006 1800
Post imported post

+ 1

Back to riding after a 30 yr lay off.. Started with a 86 Magna 750 on to a 02 Shadow 1100,99 Magna 750,91 ST1100, finaly a 93 Wing.. and now an 06 1800 Loven Life...
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-03-2011, 06:46 PM

Post imported post

I'm with ya Foodman!
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Miscellaneous Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page