the members map is back - Page 11 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #101 of 116 (permalink) Old 03-01-2015, 09:09 AM
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator
 
AZgl1800's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Oologah, Indian Territory, USA...
Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Posts: 57,148
Garage
I never tried to download it, never thought once about trying it.

Just looked again, and I don't see an option to download it.

~ John


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
AZgl1800 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #102 of 116 (permalink) Old 03-01-2015, 05:57 PM
Member
 
thecruiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: GR, Michigan, USA
Posts: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZgl1500 View Post
I never tried to download it, never thought once about trying it.

Just looked again, and I don't see an option to download it.


For those interested, it's in the FIRST POST,... "CLICK HERE" button.
Scroll down for the 'download' button. BUT, be forewarned, you get a bunch of garbage with it.
thecruiser is offline  
post #103 of 116 (permalink) Old 03-01-2015, 08:12 PM
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator
 
AZgl1800's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Oologah, Indian Territory, USA...
Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Posts: 57,148
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecruiser View Post


For those interested, it's in the FIRST POST,... "CLICK HERE" button.
Scroll down for the 'download' button. BUT, be forewarned, you get a bunch of garbage with it.
That link is the same one that appears at the top of the forum pages under Quick Links....

but, I have never found a Download Button...

the only thing I see is a box to enter member names, and "Locate" or "GeoSearch"

I have tried Firefox, IE and Chrome with the same results on all of them.

I see that you can print the maps, but with just a Black & White printer, that is not much use. I just pull the data off and stuck it in my notebook for those who are close enough for me to want their info.

I did find a "new member" to me, he is up the road north about 20 miles, sent him an email and got his phone number, will be seeing more of him "real soon now".

~ John


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
AZgl1800 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #104 of 116 (permalink) Old 03-02-2015, 05:11 AM
Member
 
thecruiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: GR, Michigan, USA
Posts: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZgl1500 View Post
That link is the same one that appears at the top of the forum pages under Quick Links....

but, I have never found a Download Button...

the only thing I see is a box to enter member names, and "Locate" or "GeoSearch"

I have tried Firefox, IE and Chrome with the same results on all of them.

I see that you can print the maps, but with just a Black & White printer, that is not much use. I just pull the data off and stuck it in my notebook for those who are close enough for me to want their info.

I did find a "new member" to me, he is up the road north about 20 miles, sent him an email and got his phone number, will be seeing more of him "real soon now".
Someone's playing with things... The "Download" is now gone.
Maybe it's because I don't know how to operate the map but I see no use in it.
thecruiser is offline  
post #105 of 116 (permalink) Old 03-02-2015, 10:25 AM
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator
 
AZgl1800's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Oologah, Indian Territory, USA...
Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Posts: 57,148
Garage
actually it is pretty easy to narrow down a particular section of the map to find some potential friends in an area.

I just zoom into the area I want, or use the GeoLocate feature for a zipcode and miles radius. for my search, I stuck in 74053 and 50 miles, and I found a new friend only 16 miles north of me.... and low and behold, he attends the same church as our lifelong friends down the road just 4 miles....

~ John


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
AZgl1800 is online now  
post #106 of 116 (permalink) Old 03-02-2015, 01:16 PM
Member
 
thecruiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: GR, Michigan, USA
Posts: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZgl1500 View Post
actually it is pretty easy to narrow down a particular section of the map to find some potential friends in an area.

I just zoom into the area I want, or use the GeoLocate feature for a zipcode and miles radius. for my search, I stuck in 74053 and 50 miles, and I found a new friend only 16 miles north of me.... and low and behold, he attends the same church as our lifelong friends down the road just 4 miles....

Where do you put in the zip code? A box pops up when you click on the "locate" box but doesn't accept anything in it.
thecruiser is offline  
post #107 of 116 (permalink) Old 03-03-2015, 01:52 AM
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator
 
AZgl1800's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Oologah, Indian Territory, USA...
Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Posts: 57,148
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecruiser View Post
Where do you put in the zip code? A box pops up when you click on the "locate" box but doesn't accept anything in it.

You got the cart in front of the horse

Did you see the white box to the left of the Locate Button?
That is where you enter the info you want to find.
It can be a zipcode, a city name, a username (partial works)
Then you click on the Locate button.


below is a picture of me entering 74053 zipcode for Oologah. It zooms in real tight at first, but I backed it out 2 or 3 clicks and found some new friends near me.

You then click on the map tack to see who that member is.

The yellow tack is my location, the blue one is ppgriggs who happens to be a church family member of a very good friend of ours... small world, eh?

The Red tack is Charlie Weaver, who is now known as "flylow". his username until this week was chas.weaver




~ John


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
AZgl1800 is online now  
post #108 of 116 (permalink) Old 03-03-2015, 03:57 AM
Member
 
thecruiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: GR, Michigan, USA
Posts: 394
Aaaa, Thanks AZ. The blank box is hard to see. Not framed to heavy and partially covered by an ad. I get it now. Now if there was a way to contact them besides lookin' them up in the members list.
thecruiser is offline  
post #109 of 116 (permalink) Old 03-03-2015, 01:36 PM
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator
 
AZgl1800's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Oologah, Indian Territory, USA...
Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Posts: 57,148
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecruiser View Post
Aaaa, Thanks AZ. The blank box is hard to see. Not framed to heavy and partially covered by an ad. I get it now. Now if there was a way to contact them besides lookin' them up in the members list.
Well, once you find them in Members List, ya just have to send them an email if they okay that, or a PM which they might not ever see.

I cheat , I look at their profile and email them anyway....

that was how I got in touch with my new friend up in Nowata, he had not been on the forum in a long time because of shoulder surgery.... doctor said no bike riding until the therapy sessions are history.

yeah, there is NO FRAME around the box for me to see. it is just a bit "whiter" than the rest of the bottom edge... not too good on the programmer's part there. The whole app is non-intuitive anyway.

I used to be able to edit previous information, now I do not see any way at all to edit existing info. I am going to see if I can get them to reply to me on that score.

~ John


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
AZgl1800 is online now  
post #110 of 116 (permalink) Old 09-08-2015, 07:53 PM
Senior Member
 
LarryC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Rogers, AR USA
Model: 1999 GL1500A 84 GL1200A/82 GL1100I/79 GL1000
Posts: 1,577
Garage
In Firefox, the map won't load at all. In Chrome, it loads just fine and has the download link. I attempted to change my current indicator in Miami, OK. No dice. I then tried to add myself in Rogers, AR. It showed for a few seconds and then disappeared. Oh well. Guess it'll stay in Miami, OK.

Larry
99 Aspencade Totaled 6/14/18(Deer)
84 Aspencade
79 GL1000 with VW carb
LarryC is offline  
Reply

  Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Miscellaneous Forum

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
members map justayooper General Motorcycle Discussion Forum 4 02-13-2012 05:13 AM
Members Map johnthebavarian General Motorcycle Discussion Forum 34 12-09-2011 08:26 PM
Members Map Winger77 Miscellaneous Forum 5 12-26-2008 06:23 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome