Ford wheel recall on certain cars - Ford Fusion, Milan Sedans - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-09-2011, 03:29 PM Thread Starter
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator

Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
Post imported post

http://www.pddnet.com/news-ford-to-r...wheels-120911/

Ford is recalling more than 128,000 Ford Fusion and Mercury Milan sedans from the 2010 and 2011 model years because the wheels can fall off the cars.

The recall affects only cars with 17-inch steel wheels built from April 1, 2009 through April 30, 2009, and from Dec. 1, 2009 through Nov. 13, 2010.

If you have one of these vehicles, keep an eye on your mailbox for the recall notice.

~ John
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

What is the Forum Index?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Download it here:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-09-2011, 11:16 PM
Postpubescent member

Model: None at present
Post imported post

Man they're hitting all my vehicles, first my 1800 and now our Milan. Lucky for me the car has the premium alloy wheels.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
None at present
Past 'Wings: GL1100, GL1200, GL1500, GL1800

Current BMW C650GT
Paul W.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-09-2011, 11:58 PM

Model: 2007 GL 1800
Send a message via Yahoo to lordbradley71
Post imported post

Well...at least they circled the problem...

My life would be simple...but the people around me make it so damn hard. Things dont have to be complicated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-10-2011, 11:48 PM

Post imported post

I've had some bad times
Lived through some sad times
But this time it scary for real

Ya picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel

1995 Shadow Deluxe 600
1984 Nighthawk 700SC (Tragically Passed On)
1980 Goldwing GL1100

Meddle not in the Affairs of Dragons,
For Thou Art Crunchy...
And Good with Ketchup!!!
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-11-2011, 11:59 AM

Year: 1985
Model: 1985 GL1200 LTD
Garage
Post imported post

Quote:
Well...at least they circled the problem...
Amen!

1985 LTD.... 121,000 miles and counting

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." _ Ben Franklin

"Oops, that wasn't suppose to happen" _ Kevin (me)
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-11-2011, 12:04 PM

Year: 1986
Model: Aspencade SEi
Garage
Post imported post

Top-selling American vehicle of all time:

Ford F150.

Wouldn't trade mine for anything else.

Keep the rubber side down!!!
1986 SEi
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-11-2011, 12:31 PM

Garage
Post imported post

Quote:
Top-selling American vehicle of all time:

Ford F150.

Wouldn't trade mine for anything else.
I know, some people love their fords, but be careful with that statistic. The actual statistic is that the ford "F-SERIES" is the best-selling vehicle of all time. That includes everything from the f-150 up to the double sleeper semi's and dump trucks. Also, remember, there are moreChevy trucks registered than fords (at least there were about 8 years ago when I challenged that statistic), so where are all the fords going?

I wonder, what year is your f-150 and have you had to change the plugs yet?

Tothere credit, at least their issuing the recall this time. The recall for the ignition on the Focus was great; until you find out they're just replacing it with another one identical to the faulty one. They never have issued a recall for the shifter on the Focus. And despite 30 years of developement and recalls, for some reason the ignition switches stillspontaneously combust[/b] and the gear shifts still magically slip out of park into gear or have failed neutral[/b] safety switches on all their cars. And I'm sure we all remember Firestone. My old man was a ford guy. In 91 he bought a brand new Taurus[/b] station wagon, shiny champagne[/b] and tan leather. Two weeks after he bought his 0 miles car the alternator caught fire. They fixed it. 6 weeks later the transmission blew out. They fixed it. When the replacement alternator failed (at least it didn't catch fire this time) he finally told them to keep their car. So then he bought an aerostar[/b], 3 head gaskets later he decided[/b] to get an astro[/b]. 160,000 miles and nothing more than a couple belts and an idler pulley[/b] needed.

You should watch top gear some time and see the problems Jeremy Clarkson[/b] has gone through with his GT. This is just the way Ford operates[/b].

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." _ Ben Franklin

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-11-2011, 04:04 PM

Post imported post

Before we go too far down the road bashing a particular brand, lets remember that they all have been "in the barrel" at some point.

Toyota, Honda (yes, even our beloved GW's), GM, Chrysler, Chevy, etc. - the list of recalls, bad designs, even dangerous designs, goes on and on.

The simple fact is that vehicles have become very sophisticated pieces of engineering. Consider that we expect one to take us safely down the road for thousands and thousand of miles, at speeds of 60mph (or more), year after year, with minimal maintenance. Unlike our bikes, when was the last time you checked your tire pressures and fluid levels before you pulled the car/truck out of the driveway? Yet many of us do check these religiously before we pull out on our bikes.

Then consider all the parts and all the origins of the materials for all those parts. Materials for a modern vehicle come from all over the globe, from rare earth metals in China/Russia/Australia to rubber from Indonesia and circuit boards from Ireland. All those of millions of parts all have to come together, on time and per plan, in order for the industry to produce ~17 million vehicles a year, year in and year out, that will accomplish the objective of taking people and goods down the road. The production of vehicles is one of the most amazing feats in logistics in the history of mankind.

When you stop and take a step back, it's pretty amazing there aren't more problems than there are - and the ones that have happened certainly aren't owned by any one organization. At the end of the day vehicles are designed by people and built by people - and sometimes people, despite their best intentions, make mistakes. We all have our passions for a particular brand/model (like Goldwings!), but to single out any one firm is neither fair nor reasonable. At the end of the day, the industry tries it's best, and sometimes it just isn't quite good enough. It's called being human...

1995 Shadow Deluxe 600
1984 Nighthawk 700SC (Tragically Passed On)
1980 Goldwing GL1100

Meddle not in the Affairs of Dragons,
For Thou Art Crunchy...
And Good with Ketchup!!!
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-11-2011, 04:17 PM

Garage
Post imported post

Fair enough, I just love messin' with Ford guys.

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-11-2011, 08:52 PM Thread Starter
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator

Year: 2002
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
Post imported post

clouddragon9;

Thank you for putting things back into perspective.

~ John

What is the Forum Index?

Download it here:

Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Miscellaneous Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page