New smart phone user! - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-12-2011, 08:24 PM Thread Starter
Official "Cheeky Plonker"

Year: 1980-81-82-83
Make: Honda
Model: GL1100STDASPENSTATE
Post imported post

I got an Android "powered" LG Enlighten, now guess what, whatI always thought was, that they where battery powered and that ought to tell you what I know about them.

Enlighten me people, I'm sure in some of ya'alls eyes I messed up big time butI got what I got comin'and it's gonna be here tomorrow, help me out fellas!

For what it's worth and if I may be so bold? The current rebuild of the `80, `81, `82 & `83 GL1100STDASPENSTATE can be followed on classicgoldwings.com in a thread called "The plan is to turn 140,000 into 50,000."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-12-2011, 08:47 PM

Year: 1986
Model: Aspencade SEi
Garage
Post imported post

I've been using HTC smart phones from US Cellular for a couple of years now, and when I started you could have written everything I knew about smart phones on thebackside of a postage stampwith a dull crayon. Now I don't know how I could possibly havesurvived without one for the first 45 years of my life.

My best piece of advice to you is to develop a relationship with thefolks in your cellular provider's local outlet. The folks at US Cellular have been extremely helpful during my education. I would recommend them to anybody, but I'm sure that many providers will do just as well.

Don't be afraid to ask questions. You might feel foolish for a moment, but think how foolish you'll feel if you find out later that you haven't gotten anywhere near you money's worth by not utilising the program properly.

Keep the rubber side down!!!
1986 SEi
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-12-2011, 11:42 PM
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator

Year: 2002
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
Post imported post

I can only echo and post a +1 on what coachk64 said.

Keep playing with it, and just remember, the software cannot be broken. The worst you can do is have to reformat it back to where you started tomorrow.

I have had mine now for 10 months, and lordy, how in the world did I manage my life without this thing???

3 weeks ago, "it happened". It crashed big time, it rebooted, came up, said hello world and then it rebooted.

I tried all the tricks that I had learned from the Android forums to fix it. Finally I did the "Last Ditch Effort" that the Android forum had taught to me.

I did a Zero Reformat to OEM specs. About 30 minutes later, I had a working phone, all of my contacts list was restored and none the worse for the ware (wear).

Oh, I lost some data that I had stored in my Memo Pad, but even that I recovered with my Backup Manager that I had installed. I highly recommend that you do that first off. It is an APP called "Backup Master"

You get it off the Android Market Place.

https://market.android.com/

You will have to create a login name, but that is nothing. Most of the apps are free, but you will come to learn eventually that a precious few of them are worth paying the $1.99 for the PRO versions.

Go here to start your reading and learning exercise.

Once you find the actual forum for your own phone, bookmark that forum. Saves a lot of time if you don't have to start at the Home Page.

http://androidforums.com/

~ John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-12-2011, 11:45 PM
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator

Year: 2002
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
Post imported post

Oh, that Android Forum that you will be signing in to?

it keeps a list of all of the apps that you have installed. IF you really have to reformat the phone and start all over, you can replace every app you had, even IF they were $$$ apps within an hour or less.

I honestly did NOT loose anything that hurt me. Only a few hours of wondering what page did I have those apps on?

And even that is a easy fix. You just create Screen Shots of each of your home pages. With a camera, or with the internal phone's Screen Shot utility.

~ John

Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Miscellaneous Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page