What a crappy way to start the New Year - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-04-2012, 08:07 PM Thread Starter
Senior Moment Member

Model: 2004 GL1800A
Post imported post

I haven't been on the forum much for the last 3 days. We've have a septic tank that blocked up on the input side and backed up into the house. The entire downstairs part of our house (1150 Sq Ft) was flooded with just over an inch of drain water and sewage. So it really is a crappy situation.

We called in ServPro to help clean up. So far all of the carpet and the flooring is a loss. All of the drywall will be cut back 2 feet up from the floor. Most of the panelling is also a loss as the water wicked up abut 6 inches up the wall. Many of the cabinets, desks that are not hardwood are also a loss. Anything sitting on the floor that is porous is a loss. The kitchen cabinets are a loss. All of the appliances can be decontaminated.

We'll be finishing up the cleanup by Friday and the insurance adjuster will show up then. He won't come out till the place has been decontaminated!!

After the concrete has been decontaminated and scrubbed they will put in the dehumidifiers and air scrubbers. It will be at least Monday or Tuesday before any restoration can start.

I have a mound of black bags out in my front yard waiting for the dump truck to show up Friday.

What a crappy way to start the new year!!

2004 GL1800A Dark Red
Yes that is ice on the fender!!!
Darksider # 902

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-04-2012, 08:24 PM
Just another ORF!

Model: 92 1500 Aspencade
Garage
Post imported post

Gee Henry, sorry to to hear of your and Edie's misfortune .... that really stinks!

Hope things get cleared up soon and back into the regular flow of life!

Cheers, Ken

1992 1500 Aspencade - 213,178 showing on the clock

- just another Rider
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"anyone can go fast on a straightaway" - Dusty Boots

post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-04-2012, 09:30 PM
Lost on this *****

Year: 1997
Make: Honda
Model: 1997 Aspy
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Winger77
Post imported post

Real BUMMER Henry .

Lets hope it's worst for the year. Best of luck with getting back in order.

The things I liked,,,,I\'ve tried em twice!
You have to be a little Crazy,,,,,, or else you\'ll go Insane.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-04-2012, 09:32 PM Thread Starter
Senior Moment Member

Model: 2004 GL1800A
Post imported post

Dusty Boots wrote:
Quote:
Gee Henry, sorry to to hear of your and Edie's misfortune .... that really stinks!

Hope things get cleared up soon and back into the regular flow of life!

Cheers, Ken
Ken you have a way with words!!

The stink has been cleaned up, now all we smell is the disinfectant/decon chemicals/enzymes.

I fixed the "Flow of Life" the first day when I found the problem. I have a clean out at the entrance to the septic tank. Once I opened that up and remove the blockage everything started pouring into the tank!!.

One good thing is that when this is all over and done with we will have a spotless downstairs to the house complete with new carpets, flooring, cabinets, paint etc.

2004 GL1800A Dark Red
Yes that is ice on the fender!!!
Darksider # 902

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-04-2012, 09:36 PM

Garage
Post imported post

you put a new term on knee deep in ....... poop lol

i cant tell ya how crappy that sounds, i had to put my feet up it was gettin deep over here...

lol

all pun's aside i hope all goes smoothly from here on out best of luck maybe go to church and get some holy water and sprinkle it over the basment for good luck

i am the current president of the non punctuators and bad spelling motorcycle group

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-04-2012, 09:42 PM
Senior Mem & Story Teller

Year: 2010
Make: honda
Model: 2010 GL 1800 comfort (buried after fire)
Post imported post

Oh how times have changed. When I was a teen we had basically the same thing happen to my parents house. We got out mops, bleach and went to cleaning. Was a messy job but when we would complain Dad would simply say "The stinky stuff was yours."

Life is a collection of stories we old people tell and hope a few will listen and carry them into the future.

There is a story to everything we have, everyone we have met and everything we have done or we will do or dream about doing.

We sometimes ride to forget, but hopefully we never forget to ride.

Illinois Patriot Guard

Honda SL 175
Honda XL 350
Honda CB 750 X 2
Kawasaki 250
Honda GL 1200 Interstate
Honda GL 1800 (my last and one of the last made in the USA)
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-04-2012, 10:02 PM

Model: GL-1500
Post imported post

Henry been there, had that happen to us but it took only days for our house to be unlivable....6 months to move back in....The county put in a new Larger PVC line, didn't hook me to it....Then the old line got full and the mess backed up into my house and back yard....At first it wasn't bad then it got really nasty...County came out after I had a plumber out...They dug up my line sure enough they missed putting me on the new line...Some idiot with the county ran a pressure line into my line at first thinking I was just pluggged up...thats when the pookie hit the fan, florced it under over half of my floors...Insurance company took care of it....But it took 6 months to get back in....All new flooring, they found termite damage that the PO didn't say anything about....

THE NATION WHICH FORGETS ITS DEFENDERS WILL ITSELF BE FORGOTTEN

1982 GL-1100 Goldwing Interstate...Black Beauty
1994 GL-1500 Goldwing Aspencade...401K....

Honorary member Wild Rhinos

I have kissed the Cod, downed the Screech, and shouted "Long may your big jib draw!" I am now a member of the Royal Order of Newfoundland Screechers
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-04-2012, 11:27 PM

Year: 1985
Model: 1985 GL1200 LTD
Garage
Post imported post

I just can't do it. I've been sitting here trying to think of a way to comment without a pun and I just can't do it. This is just such a fertile topic.

1985 LTD.... 121,000 miles and counting

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." _ Ben Franklin

"Oops, that wasn't suppose to happen" _ Kevin (me)
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-04-2012, 11:46 PM

Model: 2006 1800
Post imported post

Now that you got thatout of the way,you know the rest of the year is going to be great....

Nothing could top that..............................

Back to riding after a 30 yr lay off.. Started with a 86 Magna 750 on to a 02 Shadow 1100,99 Magna 750,91 ST1100, finaly a 93 Wing.. and now an 06 1800 Loven Life...
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-05-2012, 12:24 AM

Model: Aspencade
Garage
Post imported post

Sorry to hear that, Henry.

Mike
Finally, old enough to know better. Just need some common sense now......
Patriot Guard Rider

1986 GL1200 Aspencade
1993 GL1500 Aspencade
1986 GL1200 Aspencade
1985 GL1200 Aspencade
1985 Suzuki Madura 700
1973 Honda 350CB
1965 Honda 50

Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Miscellaneous Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page