Great Ride in Florida today - Page 3 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-13-2012, 02:00 PM

Model: 07 1800 "The Beast" 100K
Post imported post

Come-on-down while it's still here.

Hmmm, may be an active hurricane season this year.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MORE TAIL WAGGING and less barking please.

Heading for the sun set and checking the boxes along the way.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(until the keys are taken away)

Ned

Past rides:
USS TENCH (SS 417)
Yamaha 65
Honda 85
Kawasaki 125
Penton 125
Zuki 185
Husky 250
Honda VTX 1300

Enjoying Florida, come-on-down
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-13-2012, 05:51 PM Thread Starter
Bruce County Boy/Snowbird

Model: 07 GL1800
Garage
Post imported post

wpgfire wrote:
Quote:
Dusty Boots wrote:
Quote:
Blah, Blah, Blah!

Sure like to rub it in, eh Bob!

Glad you guys are having great weather to get lots of riding indown there ...... really I am ..... HONEST!

ah ... excuse me while I bundle up to fetch in a few more logs to toss in the wood stove!

One of these years! ....

Stay safe!
+1

When are you heading back north, Hawggy?

Ride Safe.
Sadly we leave March 28th..Home in Ontario on the 30th...

We own a 2007 Goldwing with 65,000 KM ( 39,000 Mi. ) on it.

The best part about owning a wing is you know what your next bike is going to be. ( We know, we just bought our 3rd Goldwing )
post #23 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-14-2012, 06:55 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Post imported post

Nice ride today from Sebring backroading it through all the Orange Groves then up to Ocala Nationial Park and a great lunch at the Blackwater Inn..we went there a year or 2 ago with a bunch from here...Great lunch then a hop over towards Daytona..didn't take part in the festivities there but saw lots of Bikes..Everyone was having fun in the 80 plus degree weather...Great Day 350 plus...MILES not.... KM We are over 8800 KM on this winter trip here..May have to do my 2nd oil change down here if we hit 10,000 KM ( Change every 5,000 )

Friday we areoff to Longboaters over at Longboat Keyfor an overnighter...He wants to teach us Canucks how to fish off his Deep Sea boat....hmmmm..This shouldbe fun...

The best part about owning a wing is you know what your next bike is going to be. ( We know, we just bought our 3rd Goldwing )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-14-2012, 08:07 PM
Just another ORF!

Model: 92 1500 Aspencade
Garage
Post imported post

Looks/sounds good, Bud!

You'll be glad to hear that riding season was "Officially Opened" today, as a bud and I rode over to Madoc to have a coffee with Bob (96aspencade) and then my Bud and I did some exploring around the southern shores of Rice Lake and some winding back roads, managing to squeeze in almost 300 miles today, in the 16*C weather.

We stopped off at the Rhino's Roadhouse, in Bewdly, for a late lunch, after stopping off at the Worlds Famous Chocolate outlet in Campbellford.

Hopefully it will stay mild for your return .... but I doubt it.You know Spring up here!

Give Huggy a squeeze for me and we'll see you two before too long!

Cheers, Ken

1992 1500 Aspencade - 213,178 showing on the clock

- just another Rider

"anyone can go fast on a straightaway" - Dusty Boots

post #25 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-14-2012, 08:17 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Post imported post

Dusty Boots wrote:
Quote:
Looks/sounds good, Bud!

You'll be glad to hear that riding season was "Officially Opened" today, as a bud and I rode over to Madoc to have a coffee with Bob (96aspencade) and then my Bud and I did some exploring around the southern shores of Rice Lake and some winding back roads, managing to squeeze in almost 300 miles today, in the 16*C weather.

We stopped off at the Rhino's Roadhouse, in Bewdly, for a late lunch, after stopping off at the Worlds Famous Chocolate outlet in Campbellford.

Hopefully it will stay mild for your return .... but I doubt it.You know Spring up here!

Give Huggy a squeeze for me and we'll see you two before too long!

Cheers, Ken
Hey I am glad you guys got out..I know Bob would be on his 3rd or 8th trip by now with all the nice weather they have been getting up there...Just watch the sand crap..hopefully you have had rain to get rid of it off the road..

Got 8 strips of my LED red lights and 2 strips of amber ordered..Should be here this week..will get the 2 red over to ya when we come over to Deb's parents..

10 12inch strips with 18 lights for $35.15..unreal...but true..I love America...

post #26 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-14-2012, 08:31 PM
Just another ORF!

Garage
Post imported post

Hawggy wrote:
Quote:
Hey I am glad you guys got out..I know Bob would be on his 3rd or 8th trip by now with all the nice weather they have been getting up there...Just watch the sand crap..hopefully you have had rain to get rid of it off the road..

Got 8 strips of my LED red lights and 2 strips of amber ordered..Should be here this week..will get the 2 red over to ya when we come over to Deb's parents..

10 12inch strips with 18 lights for $35.15..unreal...but true..I love America...

Yes .... good deal on the LED strips for sure!

The main roads are sand free for the most parts, as well as main turn offs, although I'll admitt to having fun with the sand on back roads, getting the 'Ole Girl sideways a few times, hot doggin. Had a ball today and it sure felt good too be back in the saddle again ..... both riders and passengers section!

- just another Rider

post #27 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-14-2012, 09:38 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Post imported post

Quote:
Had a ball today and it sure felt good too be back in the saddle again ..... both riders and passengers section!
Checked the Pic..Now I know what ya mean? Hows that working out for room?

post #28 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-14-2012, 10:05 PM
Just another ORF!

Garage
Post imported post

not from today .... but just fine for room!

- just another Rider

post #29 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-14-2012, 10:09 PM

Year: 97
Model: SE
Garage
Post imported post

Hawggy wrote:
Quote:
Friday we areoff to Longboaters over at Longboat Keyfor an overnighter...He wants to teach us Canucks how to fish off his Deep Sea boat....hmmmm..This shouldbe fun...
Can't wait to hear that story.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg seasick.jpg (10.0 KB, 33 views)

Lawrence

'97 1500SE
post #30 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-14-2012, 10:13 PM
Just another ORF!

Garage
Post imported post

wpgfire wrote:
Quote:
Hawggy wrote:
Quote:
Can't wait to hear that story.
Ain't that the truth, Lawrence.!

Just remember to load up on the Gravol at least an hour before heading out on the water, Bob!

Been there, and unfortunately ... done that!

- just another Rider

Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Miscellaneous Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page