Nice Pictures of a Vet Bike - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-08-2012, 01:35 PM Thread Starter
Bruce County Boy/Snowbird

Model: 07 GL1800
Garage
Post imported post

This "Trike" owned by a Vet, on display at a car show,
check the power plant he used, it should haul .
The work and thought that went into the paint job is priceless.

We own a 2007 Goldwing with 65,000 KM ( 39,000 Mi. ) on it.

The best part about owning a wing is you know what your next bike is going to be. ( We know, we just bought our 3rd Goldwing )
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-08-2012, 04:19 PM

Garage
Post imported post

All I can say is WOWWWW!

Thanks for posting the pics.

ESSAYONS!!!
Darksider #1288
Previously Owned:
\'70 Honda 50 mini trail bike
\'75 Can Am 175 TNT
\'77 Yamaha XS750
\'77 Kawasaki KE250
\'88 Kawasaki Ninja 600R
\'83 Honda VT750 Shadow
\'89 Honda GL1500 Goldwing
\'02 Honda GL1800 (current ride)
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-08-2012, 04:22 PM

Post imported post

Seems that being a Veteran is the central point of his life, and he's very focused on that portion.

I wonder what else defines his life? Family, kids, other facets???

Or perhaps he's celebrating Veterans of history for their contribution?

I'd like to talk to the owner and ask a few questions.

In any case, a celebration for the least-selfish people on earth that defend our freedoms.

My name is Rusty. I'm an enthusiast of things that ride, drive and fly.

IBA: 63413
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-09-2012, 10:36 AM

Year: 2014
Model: GL1800 Airbag
Garage
Post imported post

Excellent paint job. I've seen the statue of the 3 fellows on the trunk under the saying: The price of freedom is written on the wall". It's in Washington at the Vietnam memorial. Seeing that was a very moving experience.

Bob Smith
NASSIR 4 Pictures
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wild Rhinos - Ontario Chapter

2014 GL1800 Airbag
2007 V Star 1300 (Hers)
2000 Shadow A.C.E. Deluxe 750 (Sons)
Previously owned: 1985 GL1200 A - (2X)2000 GL1500A

If you don't stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-09-2012, 01:35 PM
Senior Mem & Story Teller

Year: 2010
Make: honda
Model: 2010 GL 1800 comfort (buried after fire)
Post imported post

Neat trike but is a trailer queen as the paint job is way too expensive to chance a bug strike or rock chip. It has run a bit, probably in and out of the trailer, as witnessed by the slightly blued exhaust pipes below the headers.

I went to DC to see the wall when my friend and I were VIP guests at the National Security Agency for the installation of a EA-3B as a memoral for the crew from VQ-2 killed while trying to land on a carrier. Those VQ-1 and VQ-2 flights were so secret that the families of the crew killed were just told their family member died. The EA-3B installation was the first official recognition of how their deaths occured. My friend was a 1st Seargent in the army flying in the belly of a navy jet piloted by a navy captain and a marine major and he was the guy that told the flight crew where to go and what to do. At the installation several high navy brass with hash marks to their elbowsin their ice cream suits (that is what Jack called them) came up to us and asked what rank and when were crew members. Jack would puff up and say "I was an Army SgtFC and I told the navy taxi drivers where to go." That evoked quite a bit of interest. Some even acknowledged they knew the existance of VQ-1 flying the coast of China, North Korea, Russia, and a few other places the POTUS and JCS wanted electronic intercepts from.

When we got to the National Mall they had 3/4th of the Vietnam Memorial boarded up while installing lights. My friends were behind the boarded up portion. So I had to just leave my memory artifacts for supposed placement later by some park service person. Yeah right! The WWII memorial was just new and I got to see the parts my Father was part of. I personally thought all of the soldier figures of the Korean War Memorial were the ones that moved me the most. But the traveling Vietnam wall did when I have visited it.

For those that are wanting to visiting DC here is a tip. Hire a Limo to take you around. They deliver you to the sights with the least of trouble, are waiting for you when you are ready to go to the next site and like at the mall you walk in on one end and they meet you at the other end. If we did not have 2 mobility scooters and a friendly mountain of a motorcycle cop that told us to park in the end of the bus parking lane we would still have been driving around looking for a spot to park.

Life is a collection of stories we old people tell and hope a few will listen and carry them into the future.

There is a story to everything we have, everyone we have met and everything we have done or we will do or dream about doing.

We sometimes ride to forget, but hopefully we never forget to ride.

Illinois Patriot Guard

Honda SL 175
Honda XL 350
Honda CB 750 X 2
Kawasaki 250
Honda GL 1200 Interstate
Honda GL 1800 (my last and one of the last made in the USA)
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-11-2012, 12:58 PM
Best looking member

Year: 1997
Make: Honda, is there any other?
Model: 1997 SE. Pearl Green
Post imported post

Goldwings 4 ever wrote:
Quote:
Excellent paint job. I've seen the statue of the 3 fellows on the trunk under the saying: The price of freedom is written on the wall". It's in Washington at the Vietnam memorial. Seeing that was a very moving experience.
Amen.

Pearl Green(The Intelligent colour)

No question A.T.G.A.T.T. (Even when it's stinking hot!!)
And if it's too stinking hot to gear up, it's too stinking hot to ride.

If your not man enough to take the lead, stop complaining from behind.

I SURVIVED NASSIR 9.... barely.

To all of the troops and Vets. Thank you. I will never forget.

A proud Wild Rhino(Ontario) since 18 Jul 2013 (That mating sound thing really works!!)
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-13-2012, 02:26 PM

Post imported post

Hey Hamggy that's a great trike. I work at a vterns home in PA their are Viatnam veterns their .They would enjoy that trike very much.When I get back to work i will have to tell them about.Thanks for posting it.

Mike
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Miscellaneous Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page