And the Supreme Household Commander Sayeth- - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-16-2012, 03:17 PM Thread Starter
Senior Mem & Story Teller

Year: 2010
Make: honda
Model: 2010 GL 1800 comfort (buried after fire)
Post imported post

My SWMBO (she who must be obeyed) Bride and I unloaded some lumber from the back of the little ram truck this morning. After I parked the truck she was looking at the over grown Forcythia bushes. "'WE' should get the electric pole saw out and give these bushes a haircut." Translation: YOU go to the tractor shed on the 3 wheeler and get the pole saw, adjust and oil the chain and I will get the extension cord. Further Translation: I cannot hold the saw out to reach the tops and sides so 'YOU', my muscled mate, will have to operate the saw.

As one who quakes in fear when she rules from the ether I did her bidding. Got to love our Brides. I did get even and told her she could pick up all of the cuttings while I go fix lunch and beat a hasty retreat to the kitchen where I know she will leave me alone. My famous echilladas calmed her down. Well almost. She said "Why didn't you serve some of the Ham and Beans you fixed yesterday?" I slipped out of that oneby saying I did not have time to fix cornbread.

We have this agreement we made years ago. It is that for the first 30 years she has the kids and follows me where ever life and work goes and for the 2nd 30 years I have the kids and follow her directionin life and work.Funnything is that ithas basically worked that way, except for me having the kids....

Life is a collection of stories we old people tell and hope a few will listen and carry them into the future.

There is a story to everything we have, everyone we have met and everything we have done or we will do or dream about doing.

We sometimes ride to forget, but hopefully we never forget to ride.

Illinois Patriot Guard

Honda SL 175
Honda XL 350
Honda CB 750 X 2
Kawasaki 250
Honda GL 1200 Interstate
Honda GL 1800 (my last and one of the last made in the USA)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-16-2012, 06:13 PM

Post imported post

She make you do the cooking too?
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-16-2012, 07:36 PM Thread Starter

Post imported post

She will tell you that I am the better cook and that I can walk into the kitchen with no meal in mind and in a very short time there is a good meal on the table. Learned that from my Mom. She could have 10 people show up and have a meal on the table in a very short time. Actually I enjoy cooking.

Life is a collection of stories we old people tell and hope a few will listen and carry them into the future.

There is a story to everything we have, everyone we have met and everything we have done or we will do or dream about doing.

Illinois Patriot Guard

Honda SL 175
Honda XL 350
Honda CB 750 X 2
Kawasaki 250
Honda GL 1200 Interstate
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-16-2012, 08:08 PM
mod-erator

Model: 2010 GL1800
Garage
Post imported post

Men usually do make better cooks than women, we just prefer not to if we can get away with it.

With no God over the state, the state then becomes not the defender of liberty but the definer of liberty.

NRA endowment life member
Wild Rhino Arkansas chapter
2010 1800 pearl yellow

If I disagree with you it's simply because you're wrong.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-17-2012, 05:59 AM

Garage
Post imported post

dave0430

surprised you got away with that with no other comments.

Amazing?

I don\'t care what you ride, just ride.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them--Thomas Jefferson

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves...Abraham Lincoln.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Heathen Darksider # 771.
Falken 912 NRF @44psi.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-17-2012, 06:06 AM

Model: GL1500SE
Post imported post

DaveO430 wrote:
Quote:
Men usually do make better cooks than women, we just prefer not to if we can get away with it.
Men make better cooks because we don't care whether you like it or not. I usually prepare foods using a long pointy knife.

It doesn't work any better but it minimizes criticism.

Len
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-17-2012, 08:21 AM

Model: 93 Gl1500 / 76 Gl1000
Post imported post

Biggest mistake I ever made was telling the wife that I could cook better than her. Now I have to. Just like Monkeytrucker I can put something on the table with no plan in mind.

Tom

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Black 93 1500 Aspy
Yellow 76 1000
Black Cherry 04 Rune Sold

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

"You have enemies? Good. That means you have stood up for something, sometime in your life." Winston Churchill

"I've now been in 57 states? I think one left to go?" B. O.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-17-2012, 08:38 AM

Model: 2003 GL1800A
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Halfling
Post imported post

Took a couple of weeks off to take care of the wife as she recovers from hip replacement surgery. It's amazing how many things that I just don't know how to do correctly after all these years!

I don't load the dishwasher right
I use too much Olive Oil when I cook
I use too much salt in the pasta water
I use too much detergent in the clothes washer
I put the dishes away in the wrong cupboards
I don't wring out the dish cloth and hang it over the faucet to dry
I don't dust mop the hardwood floors right
I use the wrong knife for chopping vegetables (I use the BIGGEST one I can find)
I use the wrong hangers for her clothes

I'm sure there's more but I'm only in my second week of "training" so......

John

2003 GL1800A Candy Durango Red
US Navy (77-93) EWC(SW)
Darksider # 817 (195-55-R16 Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3 ZP @ 29.5 lbs)
Co-owner
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Seek out that particular mental attribute which makes you feel most deeply and vitally alive, along with which comes the inner voice which says, 'This is the real me,' and when you have found that attitude, follow it." - James Truslow Adams
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-17-2012, 09:22 AM Thread Starter

Post imported post

All of the above make me chuckle. Been there, done that. I refuse to touch her dishwasher because I could never do it right. I will not wash dishes when she is around as she uses the sinks in the wrong order from my Mom and when I washed dishes in college. I will not run the clothes washer and dryer due to always doing it wrong (what is considered color and what is not). As far as the floors, being I used most of my inheritance to put in her a new kitchen, new kitchen floor covering and all new carpets, the deal was that she took care of them.

So todays project is to cut some treated stakes and go set grade boards to make terraces on the side on the pond dirt pile we have terraced down one side and now we have to terrace on the other side of the steps leading up to the top. Of course that will cause her undue stress because she will fret endlessly about what to plant. Her other terrace I dug up Road Lilies (Flags) and planted on the ends of the boards to keep the dirt from washing. They have taken over her terrace. So I am in trouble there. She will not agree, even though I think she does, that the Flags look great when they bloom and the green foliage looks nice the rest of the year. Plus she thinks she has noticed the side slipping. Actually it is where we dug dirt at the top but I will not tell her as digging all of those flags out will remove half of the hill.

As I said. GOTTA LOVE THEM!!!!

Illinois Patriot Guard

Honda SL 175
Honda XL 350
Honda CB 750 X 2
Kawasaki 250
Honda GL 1200 Interstate
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-17-2012, 08:11 PM
mod-erator

Model: 2010 GL1800
Garage
Post imported post

Halfling wrote:
Quote:
Took a couple of weeks off to take care of the wife as she recovers from hip replacement surgery. It's amazing how many things that I just don't know how to do correctly after all these years!

I don't load the dishwasher right
I use too much Olive Oil when I cook
I use too much salt in the pasta water
I use too much detergent in the clothes washer
I put the dishes away in the wrong cupboards
I don't wring out the dish cloth and hang it over the faucet to dry
I don't dust mop the hardwood floors right
I use the wrong knife for chopping vegetables (I use the BIGGEST one I can find)
I use the wrong hangers for her clothes

I'm sure there's more but I'm only in my second week of "training" so......
Never do a good job of something you don't want to keep doing.

With no God over the state, the state then becomes not the defender of liberty but the definer of liberty.

NRA endowment life member
Wild Rhino Arkansas chapter
2010 1800 pearl yellow

If I disagree with you it's simply because you're wrong.
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Miscellaneous Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page