Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-30-2012, 11:51 PM
Senior Moment Member

Model: 2004 GL1800A
Post imported post

ziadelsol wrote:
Quote:
*I just noticed that we do not have an emoticon for the bucket of tears that I am shedding for you John.* That must have been a really tough job, and yet you soldiered up and took it for the team.

Thanks!! *

Someone had to do it. Looks like it was John's Turn in the barrel!

2004 GL1800A Dark Red
Yes that is ice on the fender!!!
Darksider # 902

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-01-2012, 12:39 AM Thread Starter
Goldwing Addict :-)

Model: GL1500SE, GL1200A
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Jluvs2dive Send a message via MSN to Jluvs2dive Send a message via Yahoo to Jluvs2dive
Post imported post

Hanko wrote:
Quote:
I wish I had known you were going to be there yesterday. I had the day off and headed into Tacoma. I almost stopped there but had a call from another friend who wanted to ride up to "FRY'S" so off we headed.

Glad you went, however I'm sure the stress of so much work must have been horrible.
I was actually there on Thursday Henry. There was a local company putting on a seminar about virtualization, something I'm learning all I can about since we are about to embark on our first virtualized system.

This was the first time I saw any of the collection Paul. Unfortunately since I was there to learn some stuff for my job, I didn't get to see the whole collection. I will be going back soon with at least one of my sons though.

Tigger, yes I rode my bike, of course.

Yep Bill, gotta be somebody, might as well be me.

John (ziadelsol), yeah it was a tough day at work for sure. Most of my work days are not quite like this one however.

John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bought with just under 9000 miles on 08/19/2008

also
84 Aspy
84 Interstate
past
86 GL1200 Aspy
84 Standard
87 Interstate
80 Yam Midnight Special 1100
79 Suz SP400 Enduro
72 Honda SL350
81 Honda XR500
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-01-2012, 07:42 AM
Senior Mem & Story Teller

Year: 2010
Make: honda
Model: 2010 GL 1800 comfort (buried after fire)
Post imported post

exavid wrote:
Quote:
The old Harrah's automobile collection did run up every one of their cars in a rotating order. It was an amazing collection. One problem with a lot of old vehicles is that a lot of them are lost due to being converted into hot rods or some such. At least a museum prevents total loss of these vehicles in a manner many people can see them. Leno's collection while admirable doesn't do much for many people.

I don't know how LeMay's new museum operates but at the old location most of the cars were kept in runable condition.
Yes a lot of old cars have been hot rodded. Old iron is getting harder to get. Now we can buy brand new 55-57 Chevrolets, Ford Model A, Ford 32-36 and a few more all steel complete bodies and even more parts like fenders and doors for old iron. It is great to see cars like 37 Chevrolets and others cruising down the highways looking like they did from the factory, except the paint is better and the wheels are nicer. Most people say "Did you see that neat old car?" Maybe someday Leno will make "Big Dog Garage" into a place one can see and "TOUCH" his collection when he is not driving them.

Life is a collection of stories we old people tell and hope a few will listen and carry them into the future.

There is a story to everything we have, everyone we have met and everything we have done or we will do or dream about doing.

We sometimes ride to forget, but hopefully we never forget to ride.

Illinois Patriot Guard

Honda SL 175
Honda XL 350
Honda CB 750 X 2
Kawasaki 250
Honda GL 1200 Interstate
Honda GL 1800 (my last and one of the last made in the USA)
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Miscellaneous Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page