Black Friday deals on pants - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-23-2012, 11:37 AM Thread Starter
Senior Mem & Story Teller

Year: 2010
Make: honda
Model: 2010 GL 1800 comfort (buried after fire)
Black Friday deals on pants

Hope all of you who ate too much yesterday, sat in your recliner watching TV for 10 hours and forgot to release the buttons and zippers on your pants can find great Black Friday bargains on pants to replace the ones you ripped the buttons and zippers out of yesterday.

Hope everyone had a great day with family and friends.

When I was a kid we used to have a big thanksgiving meal at my Mothers parents house. They had to cook several turkeys, big pans of dressing, potatoes (both mashed and sweet potatoes with marshmellow), green beans, homemade chicken and noodles, beets, cranberries of all kinds, hot rolls, every kind of pie and cake you could imagine and homemade ice cream to go on top. The men all ate in the first shift at the big table in the dining room, the kids at the card tables set up in the back hallway, the women would eat in the kitchen while feeding the othes.

There were always around 75 family members there so it was crowded. However Grand Dad would always get into his car, drive around to the houses of old oil field men or veterans who did not have any families to have TG meals with and bring a couple car loads of them to share the food. The women would also fix dinners for those shut in and unable to fix TG dinners and deliver them. Then there were the people that just decided to drop in and visit while carrying a dish of food for the meal. Everyone would bring food. Riding in the car while holding a hot dish was something that was quite the experience as there were was no tupperware or other sealing dishes, only loose fitting lids so you usually ended up wearing some of what you were holding.

That was small town life and a true Thanks Giving event. All told they would serve in the neighborhood of 120 meals. People looked out for others back then as there were no church groups trying to feed their way into the promised land.

No football on TV as the TV was so small you had to almost sit on it to see it so after everyone ate the men usually retired to the garage out back and played Penny ante poker or went rabbit hunting, duck and goose hunting, quail hunting and a beer hunting. If you got a beer it had better be only one or two as Grandmother, who was a tiny woman, would unceremonially kick anyone who smelled of beer or other liquor out of the house.

Then come time for the evening (supper) meal it would be repeated using left overs and more fresh made fixings.

Life is a collection of stories we old people tell and hope a few will listen and carry them into the future.

There is a story to everything we have, everyone we have met and everything we have done or we will do or dream about doing.

We sometimes ride to forget, but hopefully we never forget to ride.

Illinois Patriot Guard

Honda SL 175
Honda XL 350
Honda CB 750 X 2
Kawasaki 250
Honda GL 1200 Interstate
Honda GL 1800 (my last and one of the last made in the USA)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-23-2012, 10:22 PM

Garage
What a fine tradition you had.

I don\'t care what you ride, just ride.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them--Thomas Jefferson

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves...Abraham Lincoln.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Heathen Darksider # 771.
Falken 912 NRF @44psi.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-24-2012, 12:24 PM
dlg14

Year: 2008
Make: Honda
Model: 2008 Audio Comfort Navi
Garage
Very nice of your pops to incude the old single men & vets in your family Thanksgiving meal. I guess thats the way it should be.

When you\'re going thru hell, keep on going.
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Miscellaneous Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page