Anyone shopping Black Friday? - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-28-2013, 05:50 PM Thread Starter
Senior Mem & Story Teller

Year: 2010
Make: honda
Model: 2010 GL 1800 comfort (buried after fire)
Anyone shopping Black Friday?

An area farm store is selling 44" tool boxes BOTH upper and lower for less than they sold one piece. So we are heading out to see if we can snag a set. With the new shop (in works) I have been hinting I needed more tool boxes. I have a big Snap-On that is made to tow behind a pit buggy and it is stacked so I have to step on a foot stool to see in the top of it. I have a Craftsman 14 drawer bottom cabinet, my first tool box that was a 7 drawer one.

New techs have one drawer for one set of open end wrenches, one for boxed ends, one for open/boxed ends and so on. I have one big drawer that has those wrenches 4 inches deep.

So my Bride says that is my Christmas present. Now I have to find something of equal value for her. SET you know... Spousal Equity Tax. Usually means at minimum a value 50% more than we get.

Life is a collection of stories we old people tell and hope a few will listen and carry them into the future.

There is a story to everything we have, everyone we have met and everything we have done or we will do or dream about doing.

We sometimes ride to forget, but hopefully we never forget to ride.

Illinois Patriot Guard

Honda SL 175
Honda XL 350
Honda CB 750 X 2
Kawasaki 250
Honda GL 1200 Interstate
Honda GL 1800 (my last and one of the last made in the USA)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-28-2013, 07:04 PM
Bringer of Shenanigans

Model: 96 GL1500 SE
I'm going shooting and staying as far away from stores as possible. There is very little that they have that is really that discounted. And the frustration of dealing with the crowds is not worth the couple of dollars that are saved.

All productivity books can be summed up with 11 words: "One thing at a time. Most important thing first. Start now."

96 GL1500 SE
96 Shadow ACE 1100
81 GL1100I

Simi Valley Lodge #806 F&AM - California
Sandy Valley Lodge #57 F&AM - Nevada
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-28-2013, 08:20 PM

Model: 2012 GL-1800
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Flyone
To each his own, I did a Black Friday deal about 10 years ago........stood in line at oh dark thirty for a flat screen TV. I saw and experienced the most rudest people on earth! I waited my turn in line even with pushing and shoving only to be the next one served and find out they sold out of the TV. The lady in front of me got the last one. That was three hours of my life that I'll never get back!

That experience convinced me to never do that again!

Besides, a lot of you know me........I need my "beauty sleep"!!! LOL!!

2012 GL-1800,2001 Cycle Mate CM2000 LTD Trailer
PM of Northstar Masonic Lodge #168, Wichita, KS 2B1ASK1, Midian Shriner, AOPA, Founding member of Wild Rhinos and KANWINGS
NASSIR 5 Host - which was an honor and pleasure to serve the members of this forum.
RIP Pop Fly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-28-2013, 08:27 PM
Old School Guru

Year: 2007
Make: Goldwing
Model: GL1800 CSC Trike with Navi
Garage
Nope, taking wife's car to local detail shop to have it cleaned up to maybe trade it in. While that is being done, will be stringing Christmas lights along my fence and porch. Might also clean the wing up a little. But definitely will not go by any "Black Friday Sales". The one present that I got for the wife last week, would only go down by $9 on BF. My time, sanity, gas, and patience is worth far more than $9 bucks. Besides, I still have turkey to finish off.
Gene

Gene Lester
Present Bikes: 2007 GL1800 CSC Trike with Navi
Loud pipes don't save lives, they just annoy everyone.
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The "United States of America", for an amount of up to and including their life. (Author unknown)

Proud member of the World Famous Wild Rhinos
Arkansas Chapter
Darksider #265
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-29-2013, 01:02 PM

Model: 1999 se
I am staying home and definitely away from the stores with one exception, I had to go the safelite to get my windshield replaced after a stone/bolt/nut almost went thru the windshield on Wednesday.
I now have a new windshield and sitting in my chair in a nice warm house.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-29-2013, 01:19 PM Thread Starter
Senior Mem & Story Teller

Year: 2010
Make: honda
Model: 2010 GL 1800 comfort (buried after fire)
I decided not to go as the tool box was not as high priority as I needed to get up early. Well Mother Nature teamed up with my body and made it one of those very painful nights where nothing killed the pain. So I just got up and went shopping.

It was an experience. They had gun safes on sale and due to the size of both the gun safes and tool boxes you had to pay at the register and then drive around to the warehouse to get loaded. You could not believe the line of trucks, trailers and even some idiots in cars that thought they could get one of those 100 gun safes in the back of their cars.

I got out and noticed that they were loading tool boxes farther down the warehouse so I got dirty looks when I pulled out of the line and passed them all. When I got there there was a guy trying to load the tool box set into his car. They pushed and shoved and finally got the top box in the back seat but the bottom would no way fit into the trunk... Mine barely fit into the back of the van.

I got home, crawled back into bed and woke up at 10 a.m. My bride never noticed I was gone for 2 hours. Now she gets to help me unload the van. The look on her face will (WAS) be priceless. I just told her that I figured out that I could go visit my Mistress (LAUGH-CHUCKLE) for 2 hours and she would never know. Yeah Right!

Life is a collection of stories we old people tell and hope a few will listen and carry them into the future.

There is a story to everything we have, everyone we have met and everything we have done or we will do or dream about doing.

We sometimes ride to forget, but hopefully we never forget to ride.

Illinois Patriot Guard

Honda SL 175
Honda XL 350
Honda CB 750 X 2
Kawasaki 250
Honda GL 1200 Interstate
Honda GL 1800 (my last and one of the last made in the USA)
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-29-2013, 04:43 PM

Model: 2010 GL1800
Garage
There is no way am I getting involved with the idiots out there shopping today.

Don (Parman)

"Sappers Lead the Way"
US Army (Retired)
101st Airborne Division (Ft Campbell KY)
1st Calvary Division (Ft Hood TX)
2nd Inf Division (Korea)
54th Engineer Bn (Germany)
Member of Patriot Guard Riders IL/WI

Honorary Wild Rhino

Honorary Newfie!! I have kissed the Cod (trout)downed the Screech, and shouted "Long may your big jib draw", so I am now a member of the Royal Order of Newfoundland Screechers.

95 1500 SE
Mileage: 103472

2010 GL1800
Mileage: 3604
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-29-2013, 05:03 PM

+1 those people are viscous
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-29-2013, 05:57 PM
Bringer of Shenanigans

Model: 96 GL1500 SE
I went shooting. Weather at the house was supposed to be showers off and on. And at the range was supposed to be sunny and nice. Guess what, they got those backwards. So, it was nice and dry at the house and I was outside shooting in the rain. Still ended up shooting a personal best in one event and a decent score in the other one.

All productivity books can be summed up with 11 words: "One thing at a time. Most important thing first. Start now."

96 GL1500 SE
96 Shadow ACE 1100
81 GL1100I

Simi Valley Lodge #806 F&AM - California
Sandy Valley Lodge #57 F&AM - Nevada
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-29-2013, 06:26 PM

Model: 1997 GL1500 SE
Fry's got around $500 from me tonight, other than that I am done with it.

1997 GL1500 SE Pearl Sapphire Black
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Miscellaneous Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page