Left side of the road mate! - Page 42 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

6Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #411 of 419 (permalink) Old 05-15-2016, 05:58 PM Thread Starter

Year: many years, two different continents.
Model: 2035 GL3500 Intercontinental
Garage
Thats what they say, there is a Cadillac dealer in Anchorage, maybe they were out of stock? I know just the housing is around $500, plus it has xenon lamps. I was reading up at an Escalade forum of a certain issue of water intrusion into the housing and it then shorts out the HID lamp. Whatever it was its covered by warranty plus i bought an extended warranty, this truck is just packed with electronics, i cannot describe all the goodies.

It is the last year of that model, new redesigned ones came out in 2015, more powerful engine, 8 speed trans, more exotic electronics. But those will cost you new as well......A LOT. More than a Corvette. No way i can afford the new one, but 2 years old, low miles, same as when i bought my dually, it had 36,000 miles when i got it in 2004.

I figure this might be the last newer vehicle i will ever buy, i was joking with some friends that at my age, 59 i should have bought the Corvette! I don't have any nagging regrets, sure its upscale, might as well be old and bold i say.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #412 of 419 (permalink) Old 05-15-2016, 07:27 PM
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator

Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
Yup, your last hurrah, sort of like me going all out to get my 1800....
was very tight when I did it, scrapped the bottom of the barrel to get it done, but we squeaked by and I don't regret it for a minute.

Still making little tweaks here and there to "make it mine"

Like ordering a new axle for the trailer that is straight and not toed out
Tried to see if a 12 inch wheel will fit, put the old axle back on today, and the 12" wheel just barely misses the fender top by about 1/2 inch....

so, that nixes the idea of larger wheels. I will just go with the 5 hole hubs, fatter 8" tires that the lady recommended that have a higher load rating than the skinny 4.80x 8s

so, it will all be good, I will feel comfortable when I go on tour.

~ John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #413 of 419 (permalink) Old 05-15-2016, 08:00 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I was all ready to go riding today, the very first good clear warm weather weekend this year, but turns out the 93 Gl1500, Mollies bike, i took it out of storage last week, well it was in one of the carports, my stepdaughters son, just a kid did something to it,the radio won't work, its that touchscreen one input it, plus the 4d vinyl blue carbon fiber wrap i put on is all messed up, really bent me out of shape, i had a battery tender on it, he removed it and was trying to charge up some toy monster truck the neighbor gave him with it, could have started a fire. I was so pissed off i started the bike up and just put it BACK into the 40' semi trailer van where it is impossible for the little terrorist to mess with it, and its not the first time either. His mother cannot control him,he is like 10 years old, half our kitchen knives are ruined with him trying to cut padlocks off the sheds and trailers.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #414 of 419 (permalink) Old 05-15-2016, 09:08 PM

Garage
boot the twerp out of the house forever, serve him right.

I won't put up with that kind of crap, never did, and never will.

~ John

post #415 of 419 (permalink) Old 05-15-2016, 09:22 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Right now the house is pretty bent out of shape over it, he is on house arrest, i found out more stuff was going on, he was even trying to cut up a hot extension cord i keep out by the truck and was trying to literally jam the cord, 110 volts, right into this big electric toy truck, plus he wound up with a motorized skateboard, last month a nitro powered monster truck. See the next door neighbors are too blame, they have a bunch if kids, mother works at Salvation Army, brings home the very best broken and discarded toys, her kids get fed up playing with junk and they just toss it all in our direction.

Now i know where my spare motorcycle gas in a jug went to, he was pouring it in this nitro truck and trying to start it, has no idea its wrong fuel, same with all these electric toys, he thinks you can just play with house current, can play with my battery chargers, has stolen my expensive black epoxy paint and painted everything. I'm ready to pack up and move out, cannot evict my stepdaughter. They took him out for counseling. Kid has problems, like no daddy.

post #416 of 419 (permalink) Old 05-15-2016, 10:48 PM

Garage
that is a big problem, and if not corrected, he will end up in General Population.

~ John

post #417 of 419 (permalink) Old 05-15-2016, 10:57 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Absolutely correct John. Hopefully not.

post #418 of 419 (permalink) Old 05-16-2016, 05:33 AM
Just one of the guys

Model: '94 1500 SE with Tri-wing Trike kit
Garage
Take a small battery, connect it to an extension cord and lay it in the driveway then plug it into a wall socket and let him watch the results. If that doesn't get his attention nothing will.

Doug

Home Security System designed by Bill Ruger

'94 Bermuda Green Pearl SE With Tri-Wing Trike conversion

The more I try to keep my Trike clean, the less I like Chrome.
post #419 of 419 (permalink) Old 05-16-2016, 07:14 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougW View Post
Take a small battery, connect it to an extension cord and lay it in the driveway then plug it into a wall socket and let him watch the results. If that doesn't get his attention nothing will.
I'm afraid he will just try to copycat it, the child has no fear, i absolutely cannot discipline him at all.

In the meantime all the big bikes are in lockdown in the semi trailer, i'm thinking about installing a video camera setup for the front yard and the bike sheds.

Ticks me off, i cannot enjoy my very short summer riding season, its not easy getting bikes out of trailer at the moment until i build a more stable ramp.

Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Miscellaneous Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page