Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-05-2015, 07:37 PM Thread Starter
mod-erator

Model: 2010 GL1800
Garage
Tired of not hearing the TV

So I bought this.

Now I can hear it perfectly and notice sounds I would have never knew were there.
It's like the surround sound in a theater.

With no God over the state, the state then becomes not the defender of liberty but the definer of liberty.

NRA endowment life member
Wild Rhino Arkansas chapter
2010 1800 pearl yellow

If I disagree with you it's simply because you're wrong.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-05-2015, 08:05 PM
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator

Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
you and me both Dave....

I have wireless headsets on my TV also, I can hear bass sounds that are totally non-existent on those crappy little 2" speakers in the TV frame.

and the high frequencies? oh, it is so nice to be able to actually hear those again... even with my Tinnitus, I can actually turn the volume down low and be able to hear all of the conversations on the TV...

bad side though, Commercials will blast your eardrums

~ John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-05-2015, 09:38 PM
Banned

I've some wireless 900Mhz headphones that I've had for years.
I still use them.
I use 'em for a combination of reasons. .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-06-2015, 08:16 AM

Year: 2008
Model: GL1800
I can see where these would be great if you are home alone a lot. Seems like headsets would isolate you from the rest of the family. I had to go with hearing aids.

Charlie
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-06-2015, 08:21 AM Thread Starter
mod-erator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by flylow View Post
I can see where these would be great if you are home alone a lot. Seems like headsets would isolate you from the rest of the family. I had to go with hearing aids.
I just bought another set for my Dad, he has the TV so loud so he can hear it that it irritates my Mom so with these it doesn't have to be so loud and he can hear it better than with his hearing aids.

With no God over the state, the state then becomes not the defender of liberty but the definer of liberty.

2010 1800 pearl yellow

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-06-2015, 08:55 AM

Garage
Quote:

Charlie, they do pretty much kill you being able to hear others in the house, but we resolved that by them just touching me on the shoulder and I take them off... usually though, when I want to watch TV , they are in another room and don't want to hear my TV anyway.

I have hearing aids that have a device that will use a 'Bluetooth' like signal to make them work with the TV... but, the batteries in the hearing aids won't last over an hour with constant use like that. So, I just don't use them anymore at all. $8,000 wasted... but, I bought them on one of the medical savings programs so it was money spent before it was taxed... guess it only cost me $6,000 that way?

I betcha O'bama killed that medical savings program a long time ago.

~ John

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-07-2015, 10:43 AM

Year: 2008
Model: GL1800
What works for the user is what counts, be it aids or headsets. It would be a very lonely place if we couldn't hear well enough to communicate or listen to entertainment.

Charlie
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-07-2015, 01:25 PM

Garage
Quote:
What works for the user is what counts, be it aids or headsets. It would be a very lonely place if we couldn't hear well enough to communicate or listen to entertainment.

I don't talk of it often, but I was born totally deaf.
I did not hear a sound until about 11 or 12 after a doctor did some leading edge surgery on both of my ears... what he did is a mystery to me, but he told me that over a period of time, "I should be able to have normal hearing.... but that when I reached 50ish or so, it would start to go away again"

well, it got very good as predicted, I could hear a mouse walk in my middle 30s, and then things got softer after that..... I'm still on the edge of requiring hearing aids, but I can manage w/o them if the people I am talking to are looking at me.

Once they turn around though, game over.
somewhere in my late 40s or 50s, the Tinnitus came in, sometimes quiet, sometimes a squeal, but lately it is just a continuous roar louder than the trains that go by our house. always there....

that is one reason I enjoy forums, the written word is easier to decipher.

. I look at those $8,000 toys and sometimes think that maybe I should take them, and me, to an audiologist and get a new hearing test and have them reprogrammed again.
there is a Remote Control that can control the rolloff frequencies, noise cancellation, tweak it for different ambient backgrounds.... like a restaurant that is full of noise.

they are digital of course, and can fill in only the notches in my hearing, without amplifying the whole world. Contrary to Analog types that just give you more volume.

~ John

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-08-2015, 03:57 PM

Model: 2006 1800
I like the looks of that wireless head set.. For now I put the TV into close caption and that helps a lot.......

Back to riding after a 30 yr lay off.. Started with a 86 Magna 750 on to a 02 Shadow 1100,99 Magna 750,91 ST1100, finaly a 93 Wing.. and now an 06 1800 Loven Life...
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-08-2015, 06:09 PM Thread Starter
mod-erator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foodman View Post
I like the looks of that wireless head set.. For now I put the TV into close caption and that helps a lot.......
Tried that, can't stand having to read the script. With the headset you can get up and go to another room and still hear it.

2010 1800 pearl yellow

Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Miscellaneous Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page