LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-23-2015, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
ɹoᴉuǝS ɯoʇsnƆ

Year: 1995
Make: Honda
Model: 1500SE
Garage
Please, please, PLEASE !!!

I'm addressing this, because we are at a very hard time of year for those struggling with depression. I know what it feels like to get so hopeless that it seems like ending it all would be the only relief to what you're struggling with.
Please, DON'T do it!
Someone, somewhere LOVES you, whether you know it or not.
If you kill yourself, you are removing any chance of "fixing" it, and those who love you will die in other ways as well...ways that only YOU can fix with your existence.
If you are hurting, PLEASE tell someone that you trust. It's a bad day, week, or even month...but its temporary. I promise.
And if you know or love someone who is hurting, do something! Speak up, be there, and if you can't help call someone or professionals that can!
Seasonal depression and depression are very real, and they destroy lives and families.
AZgl1800, Hodgy, Apatz and 1 others like this.

Current:
\'94 GL1500 SE w/ Friendship III sidecar

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Past:
\'76 BMW R90/6 {26 years!}
\'82 Yamaha 650 Special
\'91 Suzuki 650 Savage {2 of these}
\'82 Suzuki GL650
\'85 Honda 1200 Aspencade
\'98 HD 1200 Custom Sportster
\'03 Yamaha XVS 650
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-23-2015, 08:52 PM

Model: 1500 & 1800
Garage
Last Sunday, December 20th 2015, my nephew and God Son crossed over to rid himself of his pain. He was 38 years old, beautiful loving wife and two adorable, very smart children 15 and 12 years of age.

Depression is a real thing, something most of us will never know, or recognize when it's right there in front of us.

I ask that we treat all man kind the way we would want to be treated, which most of the time is nothing more than a smile and a Hi, How are you....... sometimes just to know that there are good people out there, is all some people need.
Chewman likes this.

2012 Gl1800 Trike w/Hannigan Kit. 16000
2001 GL1800 ........ 73000 Miles
1989 GL1500 ...... 133000 miles and climbing

Darksider #551 - Austone Taxi Tire / Yokohama
Honorary Rhino.......

Honorary Newfie!! I have kissed the Cod, downed the Screech, and shouted "Long may your big jib draw!" so I am now a member of the Royal Order of Newfoundland Screechers.

Life is Hard.......... It's even Harder if your Stupid.......... Don't ask me how I know.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-23-2015, 10:11 PM
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator

Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
John,

sorry to hear of your situation.

I lost a brother at the age of 43, and less than a year later, our youngest sister took her life. she was 35 at the time, and left 2 young boys about the same age as Jobe05's nephew's boys...

It took a terrible toll on our parents. My mother never recovered from it.
My dad just drank more beer.

I have one other sister, she is a Med Tech, and we both realize we have the genes...
we talk to each other, and she is still taking zoloff to deal with it.

I managed to get off of all drugs about 2 years ago, after I retired and the stress of a heavy life went away.... still though, I can feel that demon on dark dreary days.... I fight it by keeping most of the lights on in the house.... you need to read on the subject... bright light fights depression.

work fights depression, hobbies fight depression.... get involved in something, stay alive and love your family
Chewman and jobe05 like this.

~ John

Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Miscellaneous Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page