• 4 Post By gipsy42

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-01-2016, 10:42 AM Thread Starter

Year: 1993
Make: Honda
Model: '93 GL1500 SE "Blue Angel"
Send a message via Skype™ to gipsy42
"Comic Strip" , as we´ve called it

FYI, I was married in 1965 and legally separated in 1970. According to argentine Law, there was impossible to get a divorce.
So around 1974 I met this sweet girl "Bea", and on February 29, 1976 we decided to join and roll together through life.
By 1987 an important and long time desired national Law reform was billed, that in one of the new articles allowed people to convert the legal separation in divorce, thus be able to remarry.
Soon after, on February 29 of 1988, with two daughters (1980 and 1984) on our backs, we got married by law; but being Catholics and due to my previous marriage, a church wedding was out of the question; which is a most important issue in our culture. Many years have passed, and hope was always present.
It occurred that before Christmas I was scrolling on Facebook and found out that my ex had sadly passed away in October. But now being a widower (according to the church) I am finally free to remarry.
This coming February 29 we'll be counting our 10th anniversary in 4 decades (Ruby anniversary) and for some time we've been considering celebrating with a friendly party.
In light of this new information, we decided to marry by church on March 5th (the following Saturday), and come a really BIG party afterwards, the one we couldn't have long time ago…
UbarW, flylow, Quinn and 1 others like this.

Mario
And still riding...
I just regrets the things I haven't done.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-01-2016, 10:53 AM
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator

Year: 2002
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
Awesome!

So glad you are finally able to make it right within the realm of your church's beliefs...

Here in my home area, we can go to the court house, sign a piece of paper, and it is done within 30 minutes.

~ John

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-01-2016, 12:37 PM

Model: 2005 1800 with Lehman Trike
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZgl1800 View Post
Awesome!

So glad you are finally able to make it right within the realm of your church's beliefs...

Here in my home area, we can go to the court house, sign a piece of paper, and it is done within 30 minutes.
As it should be. Nobody's business but yours.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-01-2016, 01:25 PM

Year: 2008
Model: GL1800
Took me about a year from start to finish and if children are involved other requirements have to be met as well. Mario, so glad you and your bride will have the wedding and party you have wanted for such a long time. Post pics.

Charlie
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-01-2016, 05:34 PM

Year: 75,83I,86SEi,93A,94SE,03ABS
Model: 94SE 209000 miles
did you try to have the first marriage annulled in the church ? I do not know how complicated that is ,but I have an uncle who went thru the process after several children and was able to remarry and continue to go to mass . Just curious , perhaps the Bishops down your way to approve of this method.

So congratulations . May you be happy thru eternity.

Mike
NASSIR 1
NASSIR 6
NASSIR 7
NASSIR 8
NASR 10 Good times!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-02-2016, 01:56 PM Thread Starter

Year: 1993
Model: '93 GL1500 SE "Blue Angel"
Send a message via Skype™ to gipsy42
Thank you great fellows for good wishes, you´ll be in my mind at that time!
To John: I've been living for 7 yr in So Cal and I know how different thing are between us, I obtained my divorce there by just stating that she had left and I couldn't find her any more.
Here is a much different culture and laws.
To flylow: I'll be posting pictures some days after the honeymoon….
To Onawin.. , here is no way to get a marriage annulled at church; even last May my wife've had written (with mail receipt response) to pope Francisco explaining whole story and asking permit just for a ceremony of "ring blessing", and never had a reply. BTW I do not believe in casualties!

Mario
And still riding...
I just regrets the things I haven't done.

Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Miscellaneous Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page