Garage Door Remotes. Oh, This Hertz. - Page 2 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

2Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-17-2016, 06:33 AM

Model: 86 1200A
have you tried to resync your existing remotes? I know with the lift master they can be resynced and you can then set a second one to the same frequency. I can read the directions tonight if it will help.

1973 honda cb450
1980 honda cb750c
1986 honda aspencade
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-17-2016, 10:41 AM Thread Starter

Model: 1987 GL1200 Interstate 290,000 miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredinCT View Post
have you tried to resync your existing remotes? I know with the lift master they can be resynced and you can then set a second one to the same frequency. I can read the directions tonight if it will help.
This is a mid-70s door opener. You don't sync the remotes, you set the remote's dip-switches the same as the receiver.
However, the remote has to work at the same frequency as well. I bought a new 300mhz remote and set the switches correctly, but it won't work because the receiver is a different, unknown, frequency.

Why ain't we ridin'?
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-17-2016, 10:50 AM

Year: 2008
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800
I did some searching on the receiver part number and found a note that the remote part number would be under the lens. If you have that number it may be of some help when dealing with customer service.

You might also look at the receiver board inside the box. The frequency may be stamped, stickered, or printed on the board someplace. Good luck.

Charlie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-17-2016, 11:10 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by flylow View Post
I did some searching on the receiver part number and found a note that the remote part number would be under the lens. If you have that number it may be of some help when dealing with customer service.

You might also look at the receiver board inside the box. The frequency may be stamped, stickered, or printed on the board someplace. Good luck.

What do you mean by "under the lens"? I cant find any writing inside the original remote.

Where is the receiver board inside the box? Do you mean the receiver, or the opener?

Why ain't we ridin'?
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-17-2016, 07:23 PM Thread Starter

Well I called my friend Sterling, who is pretty good at figuring geeky things out. In one morning, he tracked down the numbers. I've been trying for 3 weeks.

Anyway, it's a 390MHz system he says. He also had me (over the phone) fuss with the switches on my not working remote, then reset it, and it now works again. It still doesn't work very well, but it didn't work well before, so...

A point of interest is that Sterling was the guy who designed, built and sold those "Carb Stix" synchronizers we all used back in the 70s & 80s.

So, thanks to you all for your help. Bike, now, no longer has to share its garage door remote with Car. So we're back at peace here on the home front.
AZgl1800 and flylow like this.

Why ain't we ridin'?
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-18-2016, 12:54 AM

Model: 1997 GL1500 SE
Back in the early 80's a friend made a little gadget that tied into a remote with the 10 position DIP switch, and after a few minutes would hit on the right combination, and open the garage door. Of anyone using that type of system.

1997 GL1500 SE Pearl Sapphire Black
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-21-2016, 04:24 PM

Model: 2015 GL1800A 40th Anniversary
After my remotes quit I bought a "Flash 2 Pass" system that works with any garage door opener. It cost about 100.00 but it also allows me to equip all of my vehicles with a transmitter. Best part is that since it works with all openers I can use it on a new system if my original opener fails beyond repair. I bought mine through wingstuff.com

Be Seen, Be Safe

David
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-21-2016, 05:20 PM

Year: 2018
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpaWinger View Post
After my remotes quit I bought a "Flash 2 Pass" system that works with any garage door opener. It cost about 100.00 but it also allows me to equip all of my vehicles with a transmitter. Best part is that since it works with all openers I can use it on a new system if my original opener fails beyond repair. I bought mine through wingstuff.com
I think Flash2Pass went out of business. It is hard to find any of their equipment anywhere except Ebay. About half of their website works.
I got a new Liftmaster opener a few weeks ago(old one damaged by a tornado) and it will not work with Flash2pass, so if you get a new opener, be careful which one you buy.

Jimmie

2018 Goldwing Tour :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Previous bikes: A bunch of 'em
Previous Goldwings: '83 Interstate, 02 Goldwing ABS

Drive carefully. There are nuts on the road.
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-21-2016, 05:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silicon Sam View Post
Back in the early 80's a friend made a little gadget that tied into a remote with the 10 position DIP switch, and after a few minutes would hit on the right combination, and open the garage door. Of anyone using that type of system.
Which is why they no longer make those garage door openers, I suspect.

Why ain't we ridin'?
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-21-2016, 05:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetMP1sg View Post
I think Flash2Pass went out of business. It is hard to find any of their equipment anywhere except Ebay. About half of their website works.
I got a new Liftmaster opener a few weeks ago(old one damaged by a tornado) and it will not work with Flash2pass, so if you get a new opener, be careful which one you buy.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure FTP won't work on my mid-70s system. It's for the programmable sync type.

Why ain't we ridin'?
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Miscellaneous Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page