Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-27-2017, 11:53 PM Thread Starter
Still a winger at heart.

Model: Sure wish I could ride...
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to UbarW
updates.

Its been awhile since I've been on, and if you are at all interested, here is an update as to what is happening.

A LOT of changes.

After the mondo knee injury, MRSA, and hearing loss, you'd think that would be enough for a lifetime. Well, no, its not apparently. lol.

Since then, Ive shredded the other knee, again. I am up to 13 ops, total, between the two knees. I gave up on trying to work, and am now on my social security. Not a kings ransom, but its mine.

April of last year, my wife of 32 yrs and I divorced. Things had been strained for some time. During the process of getting some remodel work done to sell the jointly owned house, I've managed to finish off my right shoulder. Its really quite a mess, spurs, no wear surfaces left, cysts, "very unhealthy tendons", and tears. Wednesday I talk to a doc about a complete replacement.

I've sold the spyder, and am no longer riding. I am quite content with being able to walk, its something I used to take for granted.

Now, for the good stuff.

In October a young lady from AZ reached out to me on eHarmony. Sheri. A strong woman, like minded in everyway. We hit it off, and married Dec 23. Just after the first of the year we bought a foreclosure (cash-no mortgage!!) in her hometown of Kamiah, Idaho. Its a lovely place. We moved in full time the first of this month. Before we bought, we got to spend hours in it with power and water on. So far, it looks as though we got a pretty solid place.

I was quite certain that I would not find anyone who could deal with my limited income and limited abilities (26 total surgeries and growing). Along came Sheri. She is also disabled. She understands the challenges as she faces them too. God works in mysterious ways sometimes, but I know he brought us together. Its a good thing we have.

There are lots of ups and downs in life. I guess its all about perspective. My perspective these days is pretty optimistic, in spite of the limitations. We are taking one day at a time, being thankful for the many blessings.

I choose to be content with what I have, rather than discontent with what I dont have.

Hope you all are well. Blessings to you, too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Proud Member of the Patriot Guard Riders-Id: 79170

Panel 16W - Line 33

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-28-2017, 01:54 AM

Congratulations on your new marriage. I know God works in very mysterious ways. As long as the two of you put God first in your lives, He will bless you. I wish you both all the best. Maybe you can start riding again one day.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk
k1w1t1m likes this.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-28-2017, 05:40 AM
mod-erator

Model: 2010 GL1800
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by UbarW View Post

I choose to be content with what I have, rather than discontent with what I don't have.

Great to hear from you again. That quote is the key to happiness.
k1w1t1m and rpeters549 like this.

With no God over the state, the state then becomes not the defender of liberty but the definer of liberty.

NRA endowment life member
Wild Rhino Arkansas chapter
2010 1800 pearl yellow

If I disagree with you it's simply because you're wrong.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-28-2017, 06:08 AM

Year: 75,83I,86SEi,93A,94SE,03ABS
Model: 94SE 209000 miles
Its good to see you posting again . May the Lord bless you both with health, love and happiness.

Mike
NASSIR 1
NASSIR 6
NASSIR 7
NASSIR 8
NASR 10 Good times!
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-01-2017, 03:34 PM

Model: 93 Gl1500 / 76 Gl1000
Grats!!! I'll forego the negative and concentrate the positive. Good for you on the new bride. What ever happened to the Elio...Oleo...O whatever? Back.

Tom

Black 93 1500 Aspy
Yellow 76 1000
Black Cherry 04 Rune Sold

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

"You have enemies? Good. That means you have stood up for something, sometime in your life." Winston Churchill

"I've now been in 57 states? I think one left to go?" B. O.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-01-2017, 07:16 PM

Model: 2006 1800
Congratulations Dick on the new marriage and a whole new start....

Back to riding after a 30 yr lay off.. Started with a 86 Magna 750 on to a 02 Shadow 1100,99 Magna 750,91 ST1100, finaly a 93 Wing.. and now an 06 1800 Loven Life...
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-01-2017, 10:31 PM
Oh - THAT guy...

Year: 2000
Make: 1500
Model: SE
Congrats! No longer in the 'Grove then?

Vote one for year-round riding! Austone Darksider PVT (Passenger Vehicle Tire)

Most recent Wing: 128k+ on the 2000 GL1500 SE (Just totaled) due to being rear-ended...
Current ride (for now) 2015 Triumph Trophy SE

Previous wings: '78GL1000, 13k mile '77 GL1000 (resto at home, neat story!), '81 GL1100 Interstate.
Previous non-wings: CB360T, Suzuki GS550L, Yamaha 650 spcl (first bike!), Silverwing 500, Yamaha Spectre 1100, VFR700F, CB900 Custom.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 10:12 PM Thread Starter
Still a winger at heart.

Model: Sure wish I could ride...
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to UbarW
thanks for the wishes, all... as for the elio, its still 'in production'. Taking way longer than all of us reservationists like, but it is what it is. I think it will happen, just when I dont know.

I knew it was a crap shoot from the gitgo, so its all good.

Got a doc visit in since I last posted, yep the shoulder is a goner. Bone spurs cutting up the soft stuff, cysts from the spurs, no teflon left, tears, a tendon that they described as "very unhealthy" and a muscle they called "technically functional but its mush". Yep, Mush.

To top it off they found an abnormality that is going to make things difficult. They are gonna do a total, reverse, replacement. pic attached.
http://www.newmobility.com/wp-conten...ayo-Clinic.jpg

Beautiful day in Kamiah, today. Its good to be alive.

Proud Member of the Patriot Guard Riders-Id: 79170

Panel 16W - Line 33

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 11:20 PM
life is good

Year: 1991
Make: gl 1500 interstate
Model: 91 interstate
keep on trucki ubar keep on truckin.

life is good.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 11:23 PM
life is good

Year: 1991
Make: gl 1500 interstate
Model: 91 interstate
Quote:
Originally Posted by dingdong View Post
Grats!!! I'll forego the negative and concentrate the positive. Good for you on the new bride. What ever happened to the Elio...Oleo...O whatever? Back.
put a link to the Elio...Oleo...O whatever.

life is good.
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Miscellaneous Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page