Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017 - Page 3 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-02-2017, 09:20 AM

Year: 2008
Make: Honda
Model: GL 1800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greek View Post
Here in Texas it is easy to obtain a ccw but the restrictions on where you can carry are crazy. Anytime I go into town I just leave my gun at home because I have gotten out of my car, maybe had to walk a block or two and than find out where I am trying to go has a restriction against carrying.
In my short time in Texas I only saw one place that prohibited guns( besides the National Parks buildings)
Don't know about TX laws but in FL if you possess a gun in a place that display"no guns" the only thing they or cops could do is to ask you to leave the premises. In all my 4 years since I carry a gun here I yet have to see such a place. One has to remember the key word for carrying a gun in a place the prohibits it: " knowingly".
I don't know anything and I forget almost everything

I make sense all the time. The problem is you only listen intermittently

Follow me on the spot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-02-2017, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g29 View Post
Unfortunately, you will still have to adhere to each state's magalip capacity restrictions.
NOt so sure

(2) The term `handgun' includes any magazine for use in a
handgun and any ammunition loaded into the handgun or its
magazine. (copied from HR38 bill)

Follow me on the spot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #23 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-02-2017, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Guy View Post
i Feel itís just a matter of time before most states approve ď open carry ď
My opinion is that open carry serves no purpose except to piss off the anti gun people who are shaking in their boots when they see a gun.
harveysmedlap likes this.

Follow me on the spot

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-02-2017, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g29 View Post
Clipazines.

FWIW, the Hudson house bill had a provision for non-resident CCWs to apply so if you are in a non-issuing area, you could get a non-resident CCW (e.g. from AZ) and then use it in your own state (the senate bill did not have this provision). This will really pi$$ off states like California and other anti-2A states. Hopefully this clause survives the review process for those people in non-issuing areas.
I went over this bill quite a few times and never saw such provision.
But people from California and NJ find it some place.
Are you from an antigun state?

Follow me on the spot

post #25 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-02-2017, 10:39 AM

Model: 2006 ST 1300
Garage
I hope it does come to fruition without being too badly mutilated. At my age it's becoming a real PITA to keep all the individual state codes straight... LOL

For those who've never fought for it, the price of freedom shall never be known.... Shooter (2Late45)

1986 Interstate, 2006 ST 1300
post #26 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-02-2017, 03:30 PM
mod-erator

Model: 2010 GL1800
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greek View Post
Yea it would be nice to have just one law to cover the whole nation. The way it is now you don't know from state to state or even city to town. I was at a pubic med clinic a couple of months back to get a free flue shot. They came out and made all people waiting to leave the waiting room. Moved us to another area in the building. I went out the back door and went around to the front main entrance to catch a smoke. Cop's all over the place. They soon came out with a guy in handcuffs and took him away. I asked one cop what's going on. Well this guy had come into the clinic carrying and I guess someone noticed and called the cops. Here outside there was a sign against anyone other than cops carrying a gun. I guess he did not see it on his way in. Here in Texas it is easy to obtain a ccw but the restrictions on where you can carry are crazy. Anytime I go into town I just leave my gun at home because I have gotten out of my car, maybe had to walk a block or two and than find out where I am trying to go has a restriction against carrying. Now I have to go back to the car, lock it in the glove box and then go back to finish what I came to do. More and more places are putting up these signs in town. There really is a need to do something about a national law that applies all over and removes most restrictions save for a very few.
The only place locally I know of that prohibits it is the medical clinic. I am a bit nervous while in the waiting room.

With no God over the state, the state then becomes not the defender of liberty but the definer of liberty.

NRA endowment life member
Wild Rhino Arkansas chapter
2010 1800 pearl yellow

If I disagree with you it's simply because you're wrong.
post #27 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-02-2017, 04:18 PM

Year: 2009
Model: 2009 Silver GL1800 ABS
Garage
It would be nice if it passes - then my TN permit would be legal in Illinois where my kids live... TN has reciprocals with 33 other states but not IL...

4 wheels moves the body
2 wheels moves the soul
Honorary Wild Rhino - 7/10/2014

GL1800 HPNAM9
Darkside #1574 - Bridgestone Driveguard RF
Double Darkside - BT-45

post #28 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-03-2017, 01:15 AM
g29

Year: 2013
Model: GL1800BD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Goldwing View Post
NOt so sure

(2) The term `handgun' includes any magazine for use in a
handgun and any ammunition loaded into the handgun or its
magazine. (copied from HR38 bill)
Hudson was on Fox Snooze this week talking about HR 38. He said you still have to follow the laws of the state and he referenced 8 rounds in New York. I am not up to speed on New York capacity limits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Goldwing View Post
I went over this bill quite a few times and never saw such provision.
But people from California and NJ find it some place.
Are you from an antigun state?
Yep, I live in a very anti-2A state where you can be imprisoned for saying the wrong pronoun, but can murder a women in public with a stolen weapon and not be charged for it if you are in a protected class.

Here is a link to HR 38 and the highlighted applicable excerpt. It is written in tortured cryptic language.

Hudson supposedly used the language "A STATE" versus "YOUR STATE" to allow for non-resident CCWs.

The "or" section following the highlighted section applies to constitutional carry states where permits are not required.

I had questioned Hudson on his FB page months ago and he confirmed his bill included non-resident CCW provisions. This provision my get stripped out as it makes its way through DC.

Quote:
“ß 926D. Reciprocity for the carrying of certain concealed firearms “(a) Notwithstanding any provision of the law of any State or political subdivision thereof (except as provided in subsection (b)) and subject only to the requirements of this section, a person who is not prohibited by Federal law from possessing, transporting, shipping, or receiving a firearm, who is carrying a valid identification document containing a photograph of the person, and who is carrying a valid license or permit which is issued pursuant to the law of a State and which permits the person to carry a concealed firearm or is entitled to carry a concealed firearm in the State in which the person resides, may possess or carry a concealed handgun (other than a machinegun or destructive device) that has been shipped or transported in interstate or foreign commerce, in any State that—
https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...y+act%22%5D%7D

HTH

Last edited by g29; 12-03-2017 at 01:57 AM.
post #29 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-03-2017, 01:51 AM
g29

Year: 2013
Model: GL1800BD
If the non-resident CCW provision survives the DC pork/soul-trading sessions, the following benefits maybe applicable.

Get a non-resident CCW in a state that has:

- long times between renewals (e.g. CA is every 2 years, AZ is every 5 years).
- better application and renewal rates potentially saving hundreds or thousands of $$$. (e.g. AZ)
- does not limit the number you may carry. (e.g. AZ)
- does not document which firearms you may carry. (e.g. AZ)
- actually sends you renewal notifications as reminders. (e.g. AZ)
- does not require fees and documentation changes every time you change firearms. (e.g. AZ)
- does not restrict firearms to a dwindling list of "on roster" handguns. (e.g. AZ)
- does not take months or years to submit and process an application. (e.g. AZ)

post #30 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-03-2017, 02:54 AM
Official "Cheeky Plonker"

Year: 1980-81-82-83
Model: GL1100STDASPENSTATE
Judged by 12 or carried by 6. That's my philosophy!

My home state, Texas, carries reciprocity into most of the states I've ventured into.

If you think I stopped and put my gun up in Alabama, back in the day when it was illegal and I was travelling east.

Then you're the one that's crazy.

For what it's worth and if I may be so bold? The current rebuild of the `80, `81, `82 & `83 GL1100STDASPENSTATE can be followed on classicgoldwings.com in a thread called "The plan is to turn 140,000 into 50,000."

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Miscellaneous Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page