Anyone else use weather underground? - Page 2 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveO430 View Post
https://www.wunderground.com/

What the he!! did they do to it?
Try this instead of the link you provided: https://www.wunderground.com/weather/us/ar/amity/71921
Does that look like something you remember?

1998 - GL1500 w/175,000 miles
2003 - GL1800 w/106,000 miles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 02:44 PM
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator

Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
yes, that is almost the same appearance as the screen on my phone, I did not show that image because it has my street address on it, I will try to remove the address with Snapseed

Okay, cropped off the address at the top of the page, I like "Snapseed", it is a nice tool for customizing images on a cellphone.

for late readers, this is a screenshot from "Dark Sky", and Android Wx app on my phone.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_2017-08-22-14-42-48.jpg (46.4 KB, 4 views)

and NASR12 was fun!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~ John
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 02:54 PM Thread Starter
mod-erator

Model: 2010 GL1800
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by briese View Post
Try this instead of the link you provided: https://www.wunderground.com/weather/us/ar/amity/71921
Does that look like something you remember?
That's the new look. Noting like as simple to understand as it was. I deleted it from my PC & my phone.

With no God over the state, the state then becomes not the defender of liberty but the definer of liberty.

NRA endowment life member
Wild Rhino Arkansas chapter
2010 1800 pearl yellow

If I disagree with you it's simply because you're wrong.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 03:10 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveO430 View Post
That's the new look. Noting like as simple to understand as it was. I deleted it from my PC & my phone.

Dave,

I have not used their old app or the webpage in well over a year.

Nothing comes close to MyRadar for accurate, "Right Now" information on weather maps. Not even TheWxChannel.

everyone else is 30 minutes behind, the only way to get accurate stuff is from a local TV station with their own WxRadar at their station.

But, MyRadar gives sweeps at 10 minute intervals, and they give you 5 sweeps that just repeat over and over forever.

It is so accurate that I have watched tornado cells approaching our home, stand out on the porch and see the clouds rolling in, compare that to the MyRadar image, and can make an intelligent judgment call on whether I need to go down into the cellar.

MyRadar and my eyes verified a cell that passed up 3-4 miles north and going in a SSE direction. Was a good feeling to be able to know what is going on.

So, back to the WxUnderground, i have the app now, will just leave it, does not harm, you can turn off the notifications easily.

it just gives a different picture of the weather, and there is no such thing as "too much Wx info"

and NASR12 was fun!

~ John
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 04:30 PM
Magic Moderator

Model: No more Wings, Gold or Silver
Garage
I have Weather Bug on my computer. Weatherunderground used to be nice I sure don't like the new look. Somewhere in bookmarks I may have WU.

Retired trike builder.
I dislike Spam, too much sodium.
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 06:09 PM Thread Starter
mod-erator

Model: 2010 GL1800
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZgl1800 View Post
Dave,

I have not used their old app or the webpage in well over a year.

Nothing comes close to MyRadar for accurate, "Right Now" information on weather maps. Not even TheWxChannel.

everyone else is 30 minutes behind, the only way to get accurate stuff is from a local TV station with their own WxRadar at their station.

But, MyRadar gives sweeps at 10 minute intervals, and they give you 5 sweeps that just repeat over and over forever.

It is so accurate that I have watched tornado cells approaching our home, stand out on the porch and see the clouds rolling in, compare that to the MyRadar image, and can make an intelligent judgment call on whether I need to go down into the cellar.

MyRadar and my eyes verified a cell that passed up 3-4 miles north and going in a SSE direction. Was a good feeling to be able to know what is going on.

So, back to the WxUnderground, i have the app now, will just leave it, does not harm, you can turn off the notifications easily.

it just gives a different picture of the weather, and there is no such thing as "too much Wx info"
I'm not much concerned about the radar but do like to know the forecast a few days ahead.

With no God over the state, the state then becomes not the defender of liberty but the definer of liberty.

NRA endowment life member
Wild Rhino Arkansas chapter
2010 1800 pearl yellow

If I disagree with you it's simply because you're wrong.
post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-23-2017, 03:19 PM

Garage
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by corkya
I use Dark Sky on my iPhone and love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZgl1800 View Post
Is this the one you are referring to?

Android version

The app I just downloaded is referring to an annual subscription to use it.

well, I tried using Dark Sky for a few days, and I just uninstalled it, nearly useless for me. had to verify that the subscription price was cancelled also, as the app would not let me test it w/o signing up for a subscription....... " that can be easily cancelled, uh huh, they hope you forget it " Not me, I set a calendar reminder to kill it.

MyRadar still is better than anything else out there for looking to see what is coming at you, and how close "that Wx cell" is going to be for you personally.

Wx forecasts have to cover such an immense area, they are nearly useless for personal planning. MyRadar makes personal planning a Piece of Cake.....

I have used it to ride between rain showers, and you can't do that with any other Wx tool out there.

and NASR12 was fun!

~ John
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-23-2017, 09:22 PM

Year: 2003
Make: GL1800
Model: Wing
I've been using Storm on a tablet and phone with good prediction
post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-24-2017, 04:23 AM

Year: 1989
Model: Aspencade
I've had the weather underground app on my S5 and have not seen any changes. I use that and Raindar to keep an eye on what the weather forecast is looking like and the Raindar app helps me watch where and when the rain is going to hit.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-24-2017, 11:05 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwade View Post
I've had the weather underground app on my S5 and have not seen any changes. I use that and Raindar to keep an eye on what the weather forecast is looking like and the Raindar app helps me watch where and when the rain is going to hit.

I just now installed that app, and agree that if looking for Rain, it is more enhanced in showing that.

The images below are MyRadar and Raindar.
of the two, Raindar has a more pronounced depiction of precip Right Now.

the day is clear no clouds around that I can see from my living room
that is, bright sunshine on my yard and the trees.

So, I just added one more piece of ammunition to my Wx Folder....
I use NOVA Launcher as it allows you to group things by Folders.

MyRadar is the image with the info bar across the top. I have it configured to show Wind Direction, Temperatures, Clouds, Warnings, Forecast ( moving display over the last hour in 10 minute shots ), and of all things, it will depict EARTHQUAKES...

Raindar is configured Box Stock as it first appeared when I opened it up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_2017-08-24-10-51-58.jpg (81.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_2017-08-24-10-52-56.jpg (82.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_2017-08-24-11-03-11.jpg (39.4 KB, 3 views)

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Miscellaneous Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page