I'm on my way - Page 2 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

16Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-11-2017, 10:42 PM Thread Starter
Magic Moderator

Model: No more Wings, Gold or Silver
Garage
Tornadoes frighten me also. They'll hit in one spot and tear it up and leave another area untouched, and then move on and tear something else to shreds. I'll deal with snow any day.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Retired trike builder.
I dislike Spam, too much sodium.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-12-2017, 06:25 AM

Year: 1989
Make: Honda
Model: Aspencade
I'm ready to retire but have a mortgage to pay off first, my goal is 67 the good Lord willing. My wife and I are in relatively good health as we started eating at better after being diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. I'm off all meds for it and at 61 feel better than I have in 20 years (lost 70 lbs from the diet change).

We both look forward to when we can spend more time with the grandkids and touring the country on the Wing.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-12-2017, 05:18 PM

Year: 2013
Model: Level 2
I'm 10 years away from that fun time and am very eager for it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Flogler

2013 1800 Goldwing currently heading to 105k miles. New front tire-Trying Elite 4
New rear tire -trying elite 4(first one went 3k before nail took it out and destroyed tire)
1996 1500 Aspencade 225000 miles (Sold for 2000$)
Back from Sturgis trip 5300 miles and 9 days later(2016).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-13-2017, 05:15 AM

Year: 1999
Model: 1999 GL1500 Aspencade
I retired this past December and even though it still seems a bit strange not going to work every day there are a lot of pressures that I really DO NOT miss. It is great to be able to prioritize the things I WANT to do at home instead of someone else directing my path with the next phone call or office visit.
AZgl1800 likes this.
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-13-2017, 06:40 PM
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator

Year: 2002
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
I have been retired since Dec 2010, and I am still having problems adjusting to it.

Sometimes, I just have to get up and "go do something", like today, I went out and mowed the front yard.... didn't really need it, but I needed to do something besides sit in a chair.

~ John

post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-13-2017, 08:34 PM
Average Goldwing Rider

Year: 1972, 1981, 1985
Make: CB450, GL1100, GL1200I
Model: K5, Standard, Interstate
Congratulation on your retirement. You deserve it. Take care and keep up the commenting on this site!

Jim Palmer
Current rides:
\'85 GL1200I Garage Find
\'81 GL1100 Std
\'72 CB450K5
My \'81 Restoration:

post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-13-2017, 08:58 PM Thread Starter
Magic Moderator

Model: No more Wings, Gold or Silver
Garage
Thank you. Now I can spend more time sharing.

Retired trike builder.
I dislike Spam, too much sodium.
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-14-2017, 09:44 AM
Large Member

Year: 2000
Model: SE
Garage
Wow what a coincidence. Next month I go and start the process, I'll be 62 in December. I'm working right up until then. My current employer doesn't know of my plans and won't until the day I say goodbye. I do plan on a part time job somewhere but it'll be on my terms and I'm sure it won't be what I'm doing now. This is just too stressful and frustrating working with the government. I like the idea of dog walker...

Wilmo
Rubber side down!

101421 miles as of 091418

You don't stop riding because you get old. You get old because you stop riding!
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-14-2017, 10:07 AM

Model: 1985 GL1200 Limited Edition and 1995 GL1500 SE CDN Edition
Been fully retired since 2012, now turning 63 in a few days. Have been busy since then. Don't know how I worked and did everything else. Found that you need to have a reason to get up. I go for coffee at the local McDs in the morning. Seems this is universal all over, lots of seniors/retirees doing this. There's a McDs in Texas and the seniors play bingo every Tuesday morning - great outing first thing in the morning.

Have the GW to keep me active and engaged. When I get this one done, will have to get another.

Enjoy your retirement(s).

Cheers

"When writing the story of your life, Don't let anyone else hold the pen"

Ernest
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-14-2017, 10:12 AM
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator

Year: 2002
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilmo View Post
Wow what a coincidence. Next month I go and start the process, I'll be 62 in December. I'm working right up until then. My current employer doesn't know of my plans and won't until the day I say goodbye. I do plan on a part time job somewhere but it'll be on my terms and I'm sure it won't be what I'm doing now. This is just too stressful and frustrating working with the government. I like the idea of dog walker...

I once made the mistake of letting an employer know of my plans, gave them a two weeks notice..... I was totally shaken to my roots when the jerks told me right then, on the phone, "you are now terminated, immediately return to base and turn in your equipment".....

I needed that next two weeks paycheck, and all of a sudden, i was left w/o enough money to complete my plans...

I learned from that little escapade....
When I retired from my last job, which was a civil government job, i did not even tell them that I was gone, I just did not show up for work....

only one person knew what I was doing, he and I had one heck of a good time about it.

I ordered in Pizza pies, enough to feed my gang of 12 coworkers... just told them that I was paying for everyone's lunch "today".... I let the pizza delivery guy in the back gate of our lot, and that was against their rules, all delivery folks must go thru the front door past Security.... tee hee

the Captain came down to see me while we were eating the last pieces of the evidence..... and he reprimanded me severely for letting the delivery man in the back gate....

I kept a straight face, and said " I promise you, I will never do that again ".... he was a bit of a jerk, and I did that on purpose, because he deserved getting Tit for Tat...

that was 7 years ago, and I still get phone calls at least once a year from my best friend, he says " hey, your name came up today about that Pizza Party"

~ John

Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Miscellaneous Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page