43Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-28-2017, 09:22 PM
mod-erator

Model: 2010 GL1800
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Bergen View Post
I find it strange that some schools will spend more on sports than actual education.
They rake in a heap of dough from sports, which they spend on ---------------- sports.

With no God over the state, the state then becomes not the defender of liberty but the definer of liberty.

NRA endowment life member
Wild Rhino Arkansas chapter
2010 1800 pearl yellow

If I disagree with you it's simply because you're wrong.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-29-2017, 06:58 AM
NGM

Year: 2003
Make: Honda
Model: Gl1800 ABS
Garage
Send a message via MSN to NGM Send a message via Yahoo to NGM
I think if the team cannot stand for our country they should not be allowed to play for the people in our country. I bet if they lose their jobs and all that money that they would stand up. FCK these pieces of crap. I stand for my country, I stand with my President NO MATTER who he or she is. They are my president. I do not have to agree with their policies or how they do things. This is why they get elected and why they can be impeached if necessary. This is why we can elect a new president every 4 years. Sorry, this is something that has ticked me off and I used to like football. I REFUSE to watch it anymore because of these crybaby b***hs. I will not purchase any sports items for ANY sport because it is not just football. /me stepping down off my soapbox now. Rant over

No matter where you go there you are.... Buckaroo Bonzai

Last edited by NGM; 09-29-2017 at 07:56 AM.
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-29-2017, 07:24 AM

Year: 1995
Model: 1995 GL1500 SE
I was putting a reverse spin on it. I can't control how people act or think but, I can control how I react to it. It's like when a child see's you get upset at them saying a bad word. they keep doing it. If the media would quit giving these idiots air time, they would stop acting like idiots.
redwing52 likes this.

Forgive others. Not because they deserve forgiveness, but because you deserve peace.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If your not willing to forgive others, how can you expect God to forgive you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-29-2017, 07:35 AM

Year: 1999
Model: 1999 GL1500 Aspencade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
I was putting a reverse spin on it. I can't control how people act or think but, I can control how I react to it.
Unfortunately, we, as parents, did and do have control of our youth of today's actions. With all of the best of intentions, many of our children have been allowed to be become what they are. If we don't do something to correct so many of them considering themselves "victims" I shudder to think what the future holds for all of us.

To me, any perceived disrespect to our flag and what it stands for is a slap in the face to all that have fought and died defending it!
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-29-2017, 07:57 AM
NGM

Year: 2003
Model: Gl1800 ABS
Garage
Send a message via MSN to NGM Send a message via Yahoo to NGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corkya View Post
Unfortunately, we, as parents, did and do have control of our youth of today's actions. With all of the best of intentions, many of our children have been allowed to be become what they are. If we don't do something to correct so many of them considering themselves "victims" I shudder to think what the future holds for all of us.

To me, any perceived disrespect to our flag and what it stands for is a slap in the face to all that have fought and died defending it!
Very well said!!!!

No matter where you go there you are.... Buckaroo Bonzai
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-29-2017, 04:32 PM Thread Starter

Make: GL1500 SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
You guys have it all wrong, they're not kneeling in disrespect, they're kneeling in reverence to the flag and country. Like you kneel to show respect to God or royalty. The news media is the one who has turned it around as something shameful. It wouldn't be a story unless they can make it appear bad. Don't you know by now, they are only interested in the negative. Sex and negativeness are what gets the headlines.
I too hope you are joking. If you think that is true look at there faces as they kneel during the anthem. Looking around in discontentment and derision.
They asked the crowd at Lambeau to join arms in unity. Instead they chanted USA, USA and stood and saluted the flag. Some put there hand over their heart and others stood facing the flag. Just a few in the crowd linked arms. I say good for them. Aaron Rodgers is a good quarterback. That doesn't give him the platform to express his political or Social views. Just because you can run fast and throw a football does not make you a model for our country. Remember virtually each and every one of these kids has been regimented and doctrinated through their college "education." We can think for ourselves and make our own decisions and opinions. Let our kids do the same. Leave them alone and educate them only. Keep football only football.

Mike

Worked on the "big rigs" for 45 years now just riding my Wing whenever I can. Gets cold in Wisconsin.
post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-29-2017, 05:14 PM

Year: 1995
Model: 1995 GL1500 SE
I was joking. I don't agree with it either, but life is to short to worry about a bunch of ignorant spoiled millionaires. They're kids, and they act and think like kids. If the media would stop egging it on, the problem would go away.
corkya likes this.

Forgive others. Not because they deserve forgiveness, but because you deserve peace.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If your not willing to forgive others, how can you expect God to forgive you.
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-30-2017, 01:15 AM Thread Starter

Make: GL1500 SE
NFL Policy on National Anthem below.

What the NFL Game Operations Manual says about the anthem
The players do not receive the manual; policies in the manual are enforced by the teams. And the language about the anthem has not changed since 1978. (Perhaps it ought to now.)

The language in the manual is as follows: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. During the playing of the National Anthem, players on the field should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. Players in the bench areas should do the same, and should line themselves up evenly along the sidelines. The home team should insure that the American Flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
DaveO430 likes this.

Mike

Worked on the "big rigs" for 45 years now just riding my Wing whenever I can. Gets cold in Wisconsin.
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-30-2017, 08:53 AM
Magic Moderator

Model: No more Wings, Gold or Silver
Garage
Maybe its time to enforce the rules, Maybe fines and suspensions would put an end to the nonsense.

Retired trike builder.
I dislike Spam, too much sodium.
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-30-2017, 12:48 PM
Just one of the guys

Model: '94 1500 SE with Tri-wing Trike kit
Garage
If only that were part of the rules. Other places say it is fake.

Doug

Home Security System designed by Bill Ruger

'94 Bermuda Green Pearl SE With Tri-Wing Trike conversion

The more I try to keep my Trike clean, the less I like Chrome.

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Miscellaneous Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page