What's up with NFL football... - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

43Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-27-2017, 11:49 PM Thread Starter

Year: 1999
Make: GL1500 SE
What's up with NFL football...

I used to love to just kick back and enjoy football to escape all the BS of today's world. I remember back in 1985 Jim McMahon could not wear a headband with the Nike Swoosh on it. What the hell happened? I believe in a persons rights to express themselves but a "time and place." Is a football game a place to display feeling about social justice? Hate those words! They want the crowd to link arms for the Packer game tomorrow night. What for? They say unity. Unity of what? Country? Football? Gender? It is crazy and I plan on watching anything but football. Too frustrating just like so many other things. Political correctness and social justice is destroying our country. We need to get a little thicker skinned and take responsibility for out individual (personal) justice. My opinion...
AZgl1800 likes this.

Mike

Worked on the "big rigs" for 45 years now just riding my Wing whenever I can. Gets cold in Wisconsin.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-28-2017, 01:48 AM

Model: 1987 GL1200 Interstate 290,000 miles
I know what you're saying, but it is what it is. You speak out against it and they'll call you a racist.

Why ain't we ridin'?
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-28-2017, 06:31 AM
mod-erator

Model: 2010 GL1800
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bike...and Dennis View Post
I know what you're saying, but it is what it is. You speak out against it and they'll call you a racist.
Exactly, you speak anything but leftist and you're racist. I haven't watched those overpaid crybabies in years anyway.

With no God over the state, the state then becomes not the defender of liberty but the definer of liberty.

NRA endowment life member
Wild Rhino Arkansas chapter
2010 1800 pearl yellow

If I disagree with you it's simply because you're wrong.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-28-2017, 07:21 AM

Model: 93 Gl1500 / 76 Gl1000
It's not just the NFL. I just wish the people would keep their money in their wallets. Money talks. But alas there are too many cowardly apologists out there.

Tom

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Black 93 1500 Aspy
Yellow 76 1000
Black Cherry 04 Rune Sold

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

"You have enemies? Good. That means you have stood up for something, sometime in your life." Winston Churchill

"I've now been in 57 states? I think one left to go?" B. O.
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-28-2017, 02:17 PM
Average Goldwing Rider

Year: 1972, 1981, 1985
Make: CB450, GL1100, GL1200I
Model: K5, Standard, Interstate
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwing52 View Post
I used to love to just kick back and enjoy football to escape all the BS of today's world. I remember back in 1985 Jim McMahon could not wear a headband with the Nike Swoosh on it. What the hell happened? I believe in a persons rights to express themselves but a "time and place." Is a football game a place to display feeling about social justice? Hate those words! They want the crowd to link arms for the Packer game tomorrow night. What for? They say unity. Unity of what? Country? Football? Gender? It is crazy and I plan on watching anything but football. Too frustrating just like so many other things. Political correctness and social justice is destroying our country. We need to get a little thicker skinned and take responsibility for out individual (personal) justice. My opinion...
Unity, the only thing that unites us is the fact we are Americans. It doesn't matter about race, gender, religion (or not), wheter or not we like each other, but we are all Americans. To disrespect the flag, country and national athem in the name of unity is wrong in terms of being decisive. The NFL has one more week to fix this or i will be done with them and find something else to do on Sunday, like work on my 1100.

Jim Palmer
Current rides:
\'85 GL1200I Garage Find
\'81 GL1100 Std
\'72 CB450K5
My \'81 Restoration:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-28-2017, 06:34 PM

Year: 1995
Make: Honda
Model: 1995 GL1500 SE
You guys have it all wrong, they're not kneeling in disrespect, they're kneeling in reverence to the flag and country. Like you kneel to show respect to God or royalty. The news media is the one who has turned it around as something shameful. It wouldn't be a story unless they can make it appear bad. Don't you know by now, they are only interested in the negative. Sex and negativeness are what gets the headlines.

Forgive others. Not because they deserve forgiveness, but because you deserve peace.

If your not willing to forgive others, how can you expect God to forgive you.
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-28-2017, 07:30 PM
mod-erator

Model: 2010 GL1800
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
You guys have it all wrong, they're not kneeling in disrespect, they're kneeling in reverence to the flag and country. Like you kneel to show respect to God or royalty. The news media is the one who has turned it around as something shameful. It wouldn't be a story unless they can make it appear bad. Don't you know by now, they are only interested in the negative. Sex and negativeness are what gets the headlines.
I do hope you are joking.
Foodman, JamesPal, corkya and 1 others like this.

With no God over the state, the state then becomes not the defender of liberty but the definer of liberty.

NRA endowment life member
Wild Rhino Arkansas chapter
2010 1800 pearl yellow

If I disagree with you it's simply because you're wrong.
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-28-2017, 07:46 PM

Year: 2008
Make: Honda
Model: GL 1800
Im not watching football but if I was I wouldn't
corkya likes this.

I make sense all the time. The problem is you only listen intermittently

Follow me on the spot

post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-28-2017, 08:21 PM

Year: 1991
Make: Goldwing
Model: SE
Garage
Just Anounce,PLAY FOOTBALL,leave out the Anthem.
I canít even watch college or nfl ball either,sicknen,itís a show not sports.

Love chasing white lines but they are difficult to catch.Hate drivers with no STOPLIGHTS.

1968 Kawasaki Avenger
1969 H1 Kawasaki
1975 1000
1985 LTD
1982 1100,STANDARD
1991 ST 1100
1991 SE Goldwing.
1995 BMW R 1100RS
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-28-2017, 08:34 PM
Junior Grue

Model: 1984 Interstate "Canadian"
I find it strange that some schools will spend more on sports than actual education.
AZgl1800 and Pure Texas like this.

Advise given here is free and comes with no warranty "Caveat emptor"

Ken.

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Miscellaneous Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page