HELP!! Need someone to check a bike in CT ASAP!! - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-12-2017, 05:12 PM Thread Starter

Location: I'm highly nomadic and live from the saddle of my bike. I also haul a camper/trailer.
Year: 1995
Make: Honda
Model: GL1500SE 20th Anniversary Edition
Garage
HELP!! Need someone to check a bike in CT ASAP!!

Hi everyone,

I found a bike that I would LOVE to own in Gales Ferry, CT. It's a fantastic deal, but I've seen similar (real) great deals like ths before. However, since it is a private seller, I need someone to go and check just to be sure. Hopefully someone who won't buy it first. I'm would offer him literally every penny I possess to get it and hope I'd hope I could make some more while on my way to go pick it up. I'm presently all the way across the country on the coast of Oregon. I could be there in 10 days if it worked out, but since this would totally wipe me out, financially, I don't want to even make the offer without confirmation of it not being a scam. So, anyone near Gales Ferry that would be willing to check it out for me?

Kai W.Anders (constantly)

"Life is ALWAYS exactly as serious as we choose to believe it is." (Hint: it's not serious.)

Too many bikes to list them all:
1995 GL1500SE (Best - & prettiest - bike BY FAR!)
1985 Goldwing Aspencade
1981 Yamaha 850 Special
2008 Piaggio 150cc scooter
1985 Yamaha Venture tour
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-12-2017, 07:42 PM

Year: 1985
Model: Aspencade
Garage
The white 96 SE on Craigslist for $3900?

It would be worth the $350 to fly from Portland to Hartford instead of taking 10 days.

If you can't find someone to look at it, you could ask him to take the bike to one of the local shops for a condition inspection (probably have to arrange payment with the shop ahead of time). Hayes custom cycles LLC is probably the closest shop based on google maps.

Spending more time on my wife's hobby than the wing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-12-2017, 08:00 PM
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator

Year: 2002
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
Pretty sure he just acquired a red one out in WA state.... he is picking it up tomorrow according to his FB post. several folks got together and forwarded enough funds to get it titled and insured.

home page
https://www.facebook.com/yogi.kaivalyananda

post about the new bike
https://www.facebook.com/yogi.kaival...12127776343907

Quote:
I GOT IT!!!!! My new home and transportation!! I still have to go get it, buy it, license it, insure it, but he said that he'll have a tank of gas in it so I can ride it away. THANK YOU ALEXA for loaning me the extra money to get it. And ESPECIALLY thank you, Mom (Sandy Koshover), for loaning me the bulk of the money (in a long-term loan). This is totally going to drain me of all funds, but I have balloons and faith that the Universe will continue to watch over me.
Gotta say, starting to get a little excited...can ya tell?
Francine, looks like you won't be storing my camper all winter. I'm going to be heading your way to pick it up right after I pick up the bike tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-12-2017, 08:04 PM
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator

Year: 2002
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
https://www.facebook.com/yogi.kaival...12127431335282

this is the post with the bike's picture
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Yogi Kai's new bike.jpg (140.3 KB, 12 views)
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-12-2017, 09:59 PM
Magic Moderator

Model: No more Wings, Gold or Silver
Garage
Very nice, congrats.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Retired trike builder.
I dislike Spam, too much sodium.
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Miscellaneous Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page