Bad/crazy drivers - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 01:33 PM Thread Starter
mod-erator

Model: 2010 GL1800
Garage
Bad/crazy drivers

On the trip to Virginia I just got back from I saw lots of crazy and stupid moves by drivers on the interstates. A couple that really stuck in my mind were one, going through Memphis where there are multiple lanes, I was in the 2nd from the left lane and a car came up from behind, switched to the left lane and went by me, then switched to my lane in front of me then to the lane to the right and slowed to less than my speed. What the he!! was that about? I almost always use the cruise control on the interstate and lots of times drivers would pass me then slow down so I passed them then they pass me and so on. Don't people know what the cruise is for?
On the return trip Monday night I was in the right lane, cruise set as usual, 2 cars pass me on the left then slow to about match my speed but slightly slower. Then a car comes up behind me and starts flashing his lights, I'm in the right lane bozo, flash the morons in the left lane. After a mile or 2 when I got ahead of the cars in the left lane enough for him to get by he moves to the left lane then stays pretty much at my speed. I guess he wasn't in a hurry any more.
Another one was a WalMart truck. We came up to an accident and traffic slowed, I couldn't tell where exactly it was until I could actually see it and of course it was in my lane, I signaled to move over and the trucker decided he wasn't going to let that happen so I waited for a reasonable person to let me in. I passed him after the traffic jam and showed him he was #1. A little later we stopped for gas and caught up with him again, he was in the right lane going up a hill, when I came up on the left he suddenly moved over to block me, I passed him on the right, he is still #1. Wish I had gotten his truck #.
I have thought about writing a book on stuff like this. You guys add your own stories like this.

With no God over the state, the state then becomes not the defender of liberty but the definer of liberty.

NRA endowment life member
Wild Rhino Arkansas chapter
2010 1800 pearl yellow

If I disagree with you it's simply because you're wrong.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 02:40 PM

Model: 2012 Pearl White
As far as the Walmart truck, I would call Walmart corporate and report him. They really don't need a truck number, just the time of day, the road he was on and approximate mile marker. Their dispatchers will know who he was.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 02:53 PM Thread Starter
mod-erator

Model: 2010 GL1800
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cihilb View Post
As far as the Walmart truck, I would call Walmart corporate and report him. They really don't need a truck number, just the time of day, the road he was on and approximate mile marker. Their dispatchers will know who he was.
So far I have not been able to find a number to call to report anything to do with their trucks, or where I could speak with a human.

With no God over the state, the state then becomes not the defender of liberty but the definer of liberty.

NRA endowment life member
Wild Rhino Arkansas chapter
2010 1800 pearl yellow

If I disagree with you it's simply because you're wrong.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 03:56 PM
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator

Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
Lopeha can help you with that, he used to drive for Walmart

~ John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 05:20 PM
Junior Grue

Model: 1984 Interstate "Canadian"
Makes dem dere "Canada's Worst Drivers" look purdy tame eh.

Advise given here is free and comes with no warranty "Caveat emptor"

Ken.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 06:39 PM

Model: 1987 GL1200 Interstate 290,000 miles
Just sounds like another day in L.A. ...

...or Phoenix, or Dallas, or Seattle, St.Louis, Chicago...

Shall I go on?
last child likes this.

Why ain't we ridin'?
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 08:29 PM

Year: 1984 Interstate, 82 GL1100, 79 KZ1000, 87 CR250
Model: GL1200 and GL1100
Garage
I passed a guy a few winters ago during some snow flurries, guess he didnt like it so he sped up and passed me. He then got in front of me while i was in the right lane a braked checked me, the second one was just enough for a love tap. I was so proud of my very first unintentional pit maneuver. Never drive like a crazy man in front of a Crazy man!
AZgl1800 likes this.

GL1100
GL1200
KZ1000
Grizzly 600
CR250

Its always been Mind over Matter. I dont Mind You dont matter.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 08:39 PM

Garage
I have often wanted to "practice" a Pitt Maneuver....
oh, have I ever....

~ John

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 09:17 PM

Year: 1991
Make: Goldwing
Model: SE
Garage
I drive 400+miles in the Dallas/ Fort Worth area and dumb a++ drivers are plentiful,the ones that REALLY hack me off are the ones in the left lane and suddenly remember that is the exit I want,then move at a 60 degree angle across traffic to that exit while other drivers slam on the brakes to keep from hitting the fool.Some donít make it and hit the barrier,causing the road to be closed.👎🏻👎🏻

Love chasing white lines but they are difficult to catch.Hate drivers with no STOPLIGHTS.

1968 Kawasaki Avenger
1969 H1 Kawasaki
1975 1000
1985 LTD
1982 1100,STANDARD
1991 ST 1100
1991 SE Goldwing.
1995 BMW R 1100RS
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 09:38 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure Texas View Post
I drive 400+miles in the Dallas/ Fort Worth area and dumb a++ drivers are plentiful,the ones that REALLY hack me off are the ones in the left lane and suddenly remember that is the exit I want,then move at a 60 degree angle across traffic to that exit while other drivers slam on the brakes to keep from hitting the fool.Some donít make it and hit the barrier,causing the road to be closed.👎🏻👎🏻
That is when I am wishing I was driving an Abrahms tank and practicing the Pitt Manuver.

~ John

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Miscellaneous Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page