Printer ink - Page 2 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-30-2018, 04:55 AM

Model: 1999 GL1500A 84 GL1200A/82 GL1100I/79 GL1000
Garage
I have a Samsung SCX-34??. It's not color. My toner cartridges last over a year. I print maybe 20 pages a month. I use it for scanning about as much as I do printing. If I need color printing, I put it on a jump drive and take it to town. That's usually cheaper than trying to keep a color printer working good.

Larry
99 Aspencade Totaled 6/14/18(Deer)
84 Aspencade
79 GL1000 with VW carb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-30-2018, 09:34 AM

Year: 2008
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800
My HP 8600 works like a dream. I use it to print and scan office "stuff", but never photos. If I need photos I'll go to a photo shop and I never have to buy photo paper.

Charlie
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-01-2018, 03:37 PM

Model: 2005 1800 with Lehman Trike
I have an Epson XP-830 and use ink bought on Ebay with no problems. The seller is E-Z INK. A few weeks ago, I got an URGENT update notice from Epson. As usual, I checked online to see if anyone had a problem with the update. Good thing, because numerous posters said said the "update" killed the ability to use generic ink. Before the update, the printer would just say the cartridge wasn't factory and ask if I wanted to continue anyway. After the update, apparently the printer will no longer work when it notices the cartridge is no "factory". I have since disabled the ability of Epson software on the computer to contact Epson, and vice versa.
I truly believe that such practices should be illegal.
Would you buy a Honda, Ford or Toyota if the only place you could buy fuel was from a dealer?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-01-2018, 04:22 PM
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator

Year: 2002
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by suvcw04 View Post
I have an Epson XP-830 and use ink bought on Ebay with no problems. The seller is E-Z INK. A few weeks ago, I got an URGENT update notice from Epson. As usual, I checked online to see if anyone had a problem with the update. Good thing, because numerous posters said said the "update" killed the ability to use generic ink. Before the update, the printer would just say the cartridge wasn't factory and ask if I wanted to continue anyway. After the update, apparently the printer will no longer work when it notices the cartridge is no "factory". I have since disabled the ability of Epson software on the computer to contact Epson, and vice versa.
Would you buy a Honda, Ford or Toyota if the only place you could buy fuel was from a dealer?
Holy Cow!!!

I have been avoiding taking Epson printer upgrades on the theory it works just fine now, why mess with it?

I have tried to lock it out from upgrading, but it always gets around that somehow.

~ John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-01-2018, 05:44 PM
mod-erator

Model: 2010 GL1800
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by suvcw04 View Post
Never had an update on anything actually improve anything, usually causes some problem.

With no God over the state, the state then becomes not the defender of liberty but the definer of liberty.

NRA endowment life member
Wild Rhino Arkansas chapter
2010 1800 pearl yellow

If I disagree with you it's simply because you're wrong.
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-01-2018, 05:54 PM

Model: 2012 Pearl White
Also, some of the HP printers will not accept reman cartridges. Seems the oem Cartridge has a code built in. I had an Officejet Pro 8500 that gave me an error that it was NOT a genuine HP cartridge and I couldn't clear the error.
Inkjet printers are cheap, but they get you with the ink!
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-01-2018, 06:18 PM
Junior Grue

Model: 1984 Interstate "Canadian"
Quote:
Originally Posted by cihilb View Post
Inkjet printers are cheap, but they get you with the ink!
Some buy the cheapest printer they can find and when the ink runs out they throw it away and again buy the cheapest one they can find.

Advise given here is free and comes with no warranty "Caveat emptor"

Ken.
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-01-2018, 06:28 PM

Year: 1996
Model: 1500SE
Garage
Every time I've tried the cheap ones it seem like they're only about 1/4 full. The ink for my Brother printer is fairly reasonable so I stick with it.

Enjoy the Little things in life because some day you'll realize those were the Big things!
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-01-2018, 06:29 PM

Model: 1987 GL1200 Interstate 290,000 miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Bergen View Post
Some buy the cheapest printer they can find and when the ink runs out they throw it away and again buy the cheapest one they can find.

That's what I've been doing. Anybody need a printer that's out of ink? Come get 'em. They're free.
Ken Bergen likes this.

Why ain't we ridin'?
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-01-2018, 07:00 PM Thread Starter

Year: 1997
Model: Aspencade 1500
Garage
Have you ever figured how many ounces are in each cartridge and what the cost is per ounce? Sell 55 gallons of ink for a year and retire

Only a biker knows why a dog puts his head out of a window of a moving vehicle.

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Miscellaneous Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page