post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-24-2018, 01:20 PM Thread Starter
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator

Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
Arrow Keep the Internet free from onerous taxation

This is very important to all of us.

Please read this and consider adding your name to the list.

there are those who would impose heavy fees on anything purchased via the internet.

https://www.ebaymainstreet.com/petit...les-tax-buyers

~ John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-24-2018, 01:35 PM
Magic Moderator

Model: No more Wings, Gold or Silver
Garage
Took the time and filled it out. Thank you for sharing, I buy off Ebay a lot.

Retired trike builder.
I dislike Spam, too much sodium.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-25-2018, 09:21 PM
Magic Moderator

Garage
When you live in a small town like I do where you have a grocery store, dollar tree, shopko and a bealls store you really don't have many places to shop as there is no major retailer like Walmart here. Ebay, Amazon and Walmart.com are your only choices for shopping. I buy regularly from Ebay the things I cannot buy local or in a large quantity. I place the order via computer and wait for the item to arrive at my door. I ordered a treat I haven't seen in many years and popular in New York, Halvah; can't find that in New Mexico.

Retired trike builder.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-25-2018, 10:20 PM Thread Starter
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator

Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
had to look that up....

~ John

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-25-2018, 10:40 PM
Junior Grue

Model: 1984 Interstate "Canadian"
Quote:
Originally Posted by trike lady View Post
I ordered a treat I haven't seen in many years and popular in New York, Halvah; can't find that in New Mexico.
My Grandparents always had a block of Halvah for Christmas treats and I loved it.

I found some locally that was imported from Israel.
I gagged on all the sugar and oil but my sister said it tasted exactly as she remembered it.
trike lady likes this.

Advise given here is free and comes with no warranty "Caveat emptor"

Ken.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-25-2018, 10:52 PM
Magic Moderator

Garage
The one I ordered off ebay was Achva imported from Israel. You get 2 lbs of it.
You've heard of the stuff, it was big in New York, especially with the large Jewish population.
That's the way I remember it oily and sugary. A small piece is all you want/need of it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s-l300.jpg (20.8 KB, 6 views)

Retired trike builder.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-26-2018, 05:11 PM
Did...did I do that?

Year: 1996
Model: GL1500SE
Garage
For your consideration:

Who remembers ordering something from catalogs? Johnson-Smith? Remember that gadget book? Sears, Roebuck? JC Penney?

Did you pay state sales tax on those items? I'm pretty sure you did. So what's the difference between ordering from a company via a catalog and snail mail, and ordering from a company via an electronic message? I don't have a problem paying Oklahoma sales tax on something that I purchase here. It's not unreasonable to think that the purchase occurs where the item will be shipped to and used.

Sales tax is owed to someone on just about any purchase, no matter how the purchase is made.

Posted messages are packaged by intellectual weight, not volume. Some settling of contents may have occurred during transmission.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-27-2018, 06:51 PM
Magic Moderator

Garage
Sad part here is the local retailer (Shopko) cannot complain if they're losing business to internet sales, as they are doing it to themselves every time they have a sale the item is never on display and so they blame the delivery truck. The person in charge of ordering for the store seems to never take the blame.
For me it is frustrating, as I don't drive and walk to where I need to go and when my plan includes crossing over to the shopping center for a few items; I wind up with a couple and then order off the internet(Ebay). Imagine the sales taxes the states could collect if retailers had the item in stock and people didn't have to rely on on-line sales? The problem lies with the fact that they got you by the (Fill in the blank), as they're the only major retailer in Lovington and when you don't drive you're SOL. Trust me I would rather have the product now and be using it instead of waiting for it to arrive in the mail.

Retired trike builder.

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Miscellaneous Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page